Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Anything less than a 27 fret Sorcerer's Apprentice is a deal breaker for me.
    if you guys ever do a genuine run, limited or otherwise, of that guitar with all 27 frets and the P90-bucker... I'll be selling a kidney.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    So here's what I see shaping up...

A DC22 Trem (Piezo) with narrow 408's, a Chaltecoco neck, and BRW fretboard.

And a black Paisley case!

Brilliant!

What better venue could you ask for.....................
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

And you thought those mini toggles were new for the Siggy LTD.

Hands, that would be a very cool model indeed. I'd be on board IF we can choose our dealer and we can be involved in top selection.
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Hands, that would be a very cool model indeed. I'd be on board IF we can choose our dealer and we can be involved in top selection.
    I have good news, for ya PfennRock! There's no such thing as an ugly Euro Maple top.

One Life

That's a glorious pre-factory guitar, Buck.

One Life

Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.
    We need a poll for the hardware. Gold, Nickel, or mixed. My opinion is that mixed will work best given the brass piezo saddles.

The control layout will have to match the HB2 with Piezo.
    One Life

I have good news, for ya PfennRock! There's no such thing as an ugly Euro Maple top.
    Quit posting my banana. And.........................................who mentioned European Sycamore? I want West Coast big leaf.
    Last edited by 11top; 04-11-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

We need a poll for the hardware. Gold, Nickel, or mixed. My opinion is that mixed will work best given the brass piezo saddles.

The control layout will have to match the HB2 with Piezo.

controls lay out could be strange. if the 408 wins, we will have 3 mini toggles, 1 pick up switch (I'd vote for the blade one), magnetic volume, piezo volume and tone. geez, it will look like a BC Rich from the 70's...LOL

Good point, Alex. I saw a Sig LTD with 408's wired up with a custom 5-way blade that was fantastic. I can't recall the exact layout but it was very efficient.
    One Life

Sounds Fantastic!

Good point, Alex. I saw a Sig LTD with 408's wired up with a custom 5-way blade that was fantastic. I can't recall the exact layout but it was very efficient.
    we have to wait until we decide what configuration it will have. but trem arm can be on the way of the controls (too many). if we can have the 5 blade to simplify the controls, I think we will have a best seller...LOL
    man, this whole vote and plan thing is making my day so light.

I'd love to see a mahogany neck with a brazzy board...no piezo for me....faded blue jean finish...gold hardware and 59/09's!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

...assuming they agree to build one.

Let's get a guitar hammered out and a rough idea of the number buyers (price dependent) and I'll go beg once more.
    Word.
    Plank Owner

I'll except nothing less for a forum guitar now, I will even go one step further and vow to rock a blue guitar and stop bitchin' about 'em.

Sounds really interesting! The control layout could be like some recent private stocks we've seen with three mini switches insted of the two in the Sig electronics, or even maybe P22 electronics with the 5 way and maybe a push-push Tone coiltap??
    Oh, have we thought about the headstock yet? A small eagle perhaps, like the rosewood neck Cu24 experience (2010 I think)
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange

Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T !

So, is this where the project lies right now?

I love it - everything about it is unique and really makes a guitar special enough to represent our little family. Only thing I would request is that we give it the traditional PRS headstock and not the Santana/Ted a la the famous and elusive Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I love it - everything about it is unique and really makes a guitar special enough to represent our little family. Only thing I would request is that we give it the traditional PRS headstock and not the Santana/Ted a la the famous and elusive Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars!

I completely agree with this. Maybe we can get them to do a flame maple veneer as well?