Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

#17 if it's the DC22

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    If Wedge really is 14, then that makes you 15, Pete.

I'll dog ear #16.
    Could be. I read Wedge as towards the no side of the fence, but I'll find a home for 14 if he doesn't want it - perhaps with our favorite curator who appears to have missed the count.

And to avoid confusion current count is 17.
    Last edited by veinbuster; 04-20-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Seriously...all kidding aside...if someone owns a BRW neck PRS...and travels to Europe with it....and happens to leave it there....ostensibly for repair, or for a friend to borrow...or whatever.....are you saying that this is a criminal offense??? Not importing it, but bringing it into the country for a friend to "borrow"....again, all kidding aside, and regardless of the "hidden agenda".....is this really an actionable offense? If it is, I really want to rescind my offer. Can't afford to spend another 20 years of my life in jail. The first 20 in the Federal Pen in Leavenworth seemed to take forever.
    I don't really want to get into the politics or legal side of this, but the primary issue isn't where you leave it or for how long. It is crossing the border with it at all.

I'd be in for
    DC22
    Goldtop
    Regular neck profile
    Moons
    Stoptail or trem
    57/08s or P90s
    Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'd be in for
    DC22
    Goldtop
    Regular neck profile
    Moons
    Stoptail or trem
    57/08s or P90s
    Rock!
    If we are able to get this guitar made, it's going to be a very small run. I'd guess 30. I don't believe we'll be able to get away with multiple inlay options or a different pickup config.
    One Life

Seriously...all kidding aside...if someone owns a BRW neck PRS...and travels to Europe with it....and happens to leave it there....ostensibly for repair, or for a friend to borrow...or whatever.....are you saying that this is a criminal offense??? Not importing it, but bringing it into the country for a friend to "borrow"....again, all kidding aside, and regardless of the "hidden agenda".....is this really an actionable offense? If it is, I really want to rescind my offer. Can't afford to spend another 20 years of my life in jail. The first 20 in the Federal Pen in Leavenworth seemed to take forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I don't really want to get into the politics or legal side of this, but the primary issue isn't where you leave it or for how long. It is crossing the border with it at all.
    Considering what US guitar manufacturers have been through in the last few years, I'm surprised that anyone is suggesting that we consider BRW for any part of a guitar which would serve our international forum as its official guitar. Yet I see people asking for BRW this and BRW that for this guitar over and over. And over and over I have asked the question, "can it be exported?"

As of yet, I have received no official answer to the question. How shortsighted would it be for us to finally agree to specs for this guitar only to it labeled "for US Domestic sales only" and thus leave our international members out in the cold?

I submit to the group that BRW should be off the table for any part of this guitar unless we learn officially that BRW can be exported to our international members.

I have literally lost count as to how many times I have brought this point up only to have it ignored and, if addresses at all, to have the point casually dismissed.

I'll not bring it up again.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Considering what US guitar manufacturers have been through in the last few years, I'm surprised that anyone is suggesting that we consider BRW for any part of a guitar which would serve our international forum as its official guitar. Yet I see people asking for BRW this and BRW that for this guitar over and over. And over and over I have asked the question, "can it be exported?"

As of yet, I have received no official answer to the question. How shortsighted would it be for us to finally agree to specs for this guitar only to it labeled "for US Domestic sales only" and thus leave our international members out in the cold?

I submit to the group that BRW should be off the table for any part of this guitar unless we learn officially that BRW can be exported to our international members.

I have literally lost count as to how many times I have brought this point up only to have it ignored and, if addresses at all, to have the point casually dismissed.

I'll not bring it up again.
    Perhaps if they address this question, they will also address the repeated question as to why an OP can not be deleted unless performed by a moderator.

These are the questions that are associated with Life, The Universe, & Everything!

OK...back on track with regard to the ultimate potential exportability of the "chosen one" (along with, perhaps the ability to delete an original post when necessary).

I started this thread to help generate a fun topic and get people excited about things we might be able to accomplish if we unify our effort.

I am not a PRS employee. Anyone waiting for me to answer questions about what PRS will or won't do will be waiting a long time.

Asking PRS or their reps to make any public statement about CITES controlled wood (without the statement coming from their legal office) is wishful thinking.

I don't have to do any of this. If I get the impression this will create more butthurtedness than goodwill for the super-loyal PRS fans, this thread is history - along with my involvement.

Bottom Line: IF I ever decide to meet with PRS Execs and ask them to consider a forum guitar, the request will include every member regardless of their geography. If that means the wood has to change for some or all guitars, so be it. Cutting the wish list short when we're still just wishing doesn't make any sense to me. When/if the day comes, I'm sure PRS will be clear about what's on the menu (at home or abroad).
    One Life

Perhaps if they address this question, they will also address the repeated question as to why an OP can not be deleted unless performed by a moderator.
    In the alternative...

Just avoid starting threads you might later regret.

I honestly don't think the mods owe anyone an explanation for forum policies. It's PRS' forum, it ain't a democracy. You might think of it this way: participation is a privilege, not a right.

If your question hasn't been answered, maybe stop trying to call people out about it?

You don't like the rules of the game? Don't play.

That's what is. Deal with it.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Paul and Jack are very much into this forum and I think they would consider producing a forum guitar if folks could decide on some basic option. Obviously each guitar cannot be customized to a very specific level because that treads into PS territory and with that, the price would go considerably higher. So if you guys decide on a basic model, maybe a couple different neck carves and a couple of different bridges could be the options? Either way, I'm really digging the ideas so far and I'd love to see this come to fruition.

Hans and Shawn,

It is not my intention to indruduce any sort of anxiety into this thread, call any one out on any subject or sabotage the idea of a 'forum guitar.' Quite the opposite. My intentions have been only to try to make the process as inclusive as possible with respect to our forum community. My sole intention has been to point out that we have many materials choices other than BRW, one that has obvious questions if not outright limitations.

I now regret that advocacy as it seems to have had the undesired effect of division instead of inclusion.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I am in - no matter what. I don't make enough money for this to be considered a small purchase for me no matter what, but this place is special to me and the vision Hans has for a guitar that represents all of us and our opinions is beautiful to me and I'd love to have a guitar that when I play it I can think "wow, this is OUR guitar." I've made some truly great, life long friends because of this company and a guitar to pay tribute to that would be fitting.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Les....that is great advice and I just wanted to thank you for posting it. Keep up the good work, and thanks again.
    On behalf of myself and the rest of the Thought Police, you're entirely welcome.

Plus I know how much you must appreciate getting lots of advice that you didn't ask for, because you're still married after many years.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 04-20-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I feel like I am in. Some things need to be worked out though before i am comfortable to fully commit. Not whether or not they are things I want does not matter, but pirce point does. Such as type of maple top, (10 top, artist grade?) hardware (knobs, dials, coiltap switches, push/pull pots. As much as I would like to buy it just to have it, unfortunately I have to look at price. So for what ever it is worth, I am tentatively in.

DGT Club Vice President
    I've made some great friends here too...unfortunately my ultimate friend, who does much more for me than any of you , has the final say in how much I spend on a guitar.

I still love you all.

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I don't have to do any of this. If I get the impression this will create more butthurtedness than goodwill for the super-loyal PRS fans, this thread is history - along with my involvement.

Bottom Line: IF I ever decide to meet with PRS Execs and ask them to consider a forum guitar, the request will include every member regardless of their geography. If that means the wood has to change for some or all guitars, so be it. Cutting the wish list short when we're still just wishing doesn't make any sense to me. When/if the day comes, I'm sure PRS will be clear about what's on the menu (at home or abroad).
    "Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I can promise to admire the forum guitar from afar.

I loved the Forum guitar idea since the beginning. I am pretty sure that if this guitar becomes reality, it won't be my dream guitar, but it would be a great guitar, one if a kind item and very social because it will reminds me if people I met because of PRS guitars.
    I new guitar isn't on my plans, but I am going to make it happen, just because how much special that instrument would make me feel.
    So lets get back to the instrument:

We have quite a few yes for a basic forum guitar. What if neck carve and bridge are optional and we could have with or without artist package as another option. This way we could have the BRW fretboard or not.
    We need to ask and what they say it can and can't be done and then come back to the forum for another poll.

In but with a caveat, I'm poor for the next 5.5 months. Please continue the finalization of details until then. By the way, Mike totally sold me.

Very tempting if the piezo option is added.