Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

METAL IT....and I won't even think twice!
    -Bob

Ok, fellas. Let's get a head count for Rev 3. Anything over 20 and I'll make the phone call.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    If I though there was a chance in hell... I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.
    Excel could cut 'em out right? I mean it may be the only way I, err... I mean everybody would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    METAL IT....and I won't even think twice!

That's the beauty of it, Metal one day, quilt top the next. Gucci Thursday, American flag for the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Excel could cut 'em out right? I mean it may be the only way I, err... I mean everybody would be happy.

That's the beauty of it, Metal one day, quilt top the next. Gucci Thursday, American flag for the 4th.
    I like it. Put a chalkboard on it and put the daily specials on it. Put a battery pack on and a strip of LEDs around the side and light it up.

Ok, fellas. Let's get a head count for Rev 3. Anything over 20 and I'll make the phone call.
    PS 4746 - Echo
    Experience 2012 Custom 24 - Inara
    P24 - Natasha
    2012 Tremonti SE

I will check with PTC if I can get 408s and change the control lay out, but I am in!!!

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

5 (five)

and AP515, Thank you for the pics.

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

DGT Club Vice President
    I like REV3...no LOVE REV3!!

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    I like REV3...no LOVE REV3!!
    So is Mike 6? If so I'm 7.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Numbers are screwy. I'm in.

And...

Plank Owner

In for rev 3.

Half-way there.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingmine View Post
    I guess we disagree on what is "inexpensive", some of us are not made of money. I'm used to having to play used or cheap guitars under $300, I was ecstatic when I was able to purchase my SE Custom and case, you see, $850 is quite expensive for a lot of people.

I only suggested something based on an SE model because we were having a difficult time getting the 30 required people to "commit" to a purchase of a guitar in the $2000-$3500 price range that the poll shows would be the preference on price.

Personally, I'd rather see 200 forum members purchase a guitar at a lower price point they can be proud of because of the community it represents instead of seeing 30 people running around with a $3500 community designed guitar that most of that community can't afford.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against people with money, if it wasn't for a few of them, I wouldn't have a job, but when it comes down to it:

200 x $700 = $140,000
    30 x $3500 = $105,000

Sometimes, less is more.
    I agree. The guitarsbyleo site just came up with their 2nd forum guitar with a limited run of 25. It's base price is under $1500. However, can cost more depending on options. Even at that price it is hard for many of us to opt in for one of them. Many of us love the idea of being a part of the forum guitar history. However, making it a rich elitist club item is such a turnoff. Those with the money can easily get any guitar they want. The rest of us hope a great guitar comes within our price range. I was ecstatic when I purchased my most expensive guitar, SE Tremonti Custom. And then it ended up around $1000 after putting locking tuners and Tremonti pickups on it.
    Last edited by tdiers; 05-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    : 2012 SE Tremonti Custom w/ Tremonti Pickups & Schaller Locking Tuners
    G&L: 2013 Tribute Jerry Cantrell Superhawk, 2010 Tribute Jerry Cantrell Rampage w/DiMarzio Super Distortion, 2012 Tribute Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
    Ovation: 2012 Elite 2078AX
    Amps: Acoustic Lead G120 DSP, Acoustic Lead G20

Quote Originally Posted by tdiers View Post
    I agree. The guitarsbyleo site just came up with their 2nd forum guitar with a limited run of 25. It's base price is under $1500. However, can cost more depending on options. Even at that price it is hard for many of us to opt in for one of them. Many of us love the idea of being a part of the forum guitar history. However, making it a rich elitist club item is such a turnoff. Those with the money can easily get any guitar they want. The rest of us hope a great guitar comes within our price range. I was ecstatic when I purchased my most expensive guitar, SE Tremonti Custom. And then it ended up around $1000 after putting locking tuners and Tremonti pickups on it.
    @#$%^&U*I!!!!!

For everyone that participated in this discussion, thank you for your time. I was trying to do something fun - something tangible - for this community. I don't need this billsh!t.

If you guys get 20-30 guys to agree on a model, lemme know. I'm done.
    One Life

Unfortunately, for some people the term "rich elitist" = anyone with more money than them. Screw that BS.

@#$%^&U*I!!!!!

For everyone that participated in this discussion, thank you for your time. I was trying to do something fun - something tangible - for this community. I don't need this billsh!t.

If you guys get 20-30 guys to agree on a model, lemme know. I'm done.
    SORRY!!! I didn't mean to cause any problems with what you are doing. Don't let my comments stop your progress. I was just chiming my thoughts in with others that would
    like a more inexpensive SE model. Maybe, we could work on a SE model next.
    : 2012 SE Tremonti Custom w/ Tremonti Pickups & Schaller Locking Tuners
    G&L: 2013 Tribute Jerry Cantrell Superhawk, 2010 Tribute Jerry Cantrell Rampage w/DiMarzio Super Distortion, 2012 Tribute Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
    Ovation: 2012 Elite 2078AX
    Amps: Acoustic Lead G120 DSP, Acoustic Lead G20