Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    It must have gotten lost somewhere with all the posts of all the people who currently populate the first 25 on the list who contributed absolutely NOTHING to the design, development and support of this project from inception to present.
    I never promised anything. 11top was joking.

All of the comments you "lost" are (here) in the original thread.
    One Life

Even though the final design was not to my liking, I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one. What some people fail to realize is PRS is probably more likely to say yes to a larger run, versus a smaller run. That is business. Your profit margin increases with each additional identical item made, when you factor in the efficiency curve and the ability to spread the cost of research, prototyping, labor to procure special materials, etc over a larger number of items. Very wrong how this all turned out. I hope PRS reads these forums and decides to make them for ALL who may want one.

I am happy with the final design since it allows us to pick the neck.
    I prefer thin necks.
    I also prefer the 25" scale verses the shorter 24.5" one, but I can live with it.
    Unless you can put a longer neck on
    Not sure if that is possible.

I will have to pull one of the SEs out of my new guitar case cabinet to make room for a new one.
    Maybe give my SE Santana to my younger son if he wants a second guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    I never promised anything. 11top was joking.

All of the comments you "lost" are (here) in the original thread.
    Hans:
    I wasn't joking. My comment was not aimed at you, but at those who keep promising to not post anymore, and then post a few hours later.
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Even though the final design was not to my liking, I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one.
    You realize that is NOT what happened right? We haven't been able to get past 17-18 people to commit to one, so Hans decided that for his last attempt at spec'ing together an instrument based on all of our input that he would make a magic number of 25 before approaching PRS. This number was an overshot and there was no way of knowing how quickly we'd reach it, if at all. Based on the previous attempts it could have taken a week to get to that number - but suprisingly, it happened quick.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Guys, there had to be a cutoff number at some point, simply so that Hans could contact PRS with an exact figure. Otherwise it'd take forever and never happen. It was time to get the show on the road.

Whether the number was 25, or 50, or 100, there'd always be the next guy who decided to get one, and would complain about the number. PRS no doubt needed an exact figure to make the run - if they make the run, which now I kind of hope they decide not to bother with given the pissing and moaning.

Bennett, you broke your promise to stop the caterwauling after only one (!) day? Disgraceful. Suck it up, man!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 05-06-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

When/if I ever decide to send a request to PRS (to make a forum guitar), I'll give them a list of all the people who said they wanted in on Rev 4.

Right now I'm inclined to delete all my threads and move on. I'm just completely disgusted right now - with all of it. To be accused of saying or implying "to heck with everyone else" flies in the face of everything I've ever done for this community.
    One Life

Even though the final design was not to my liking, I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one. What some people fail to realize is PRS is probably more likely to say yes to a larger run, versus a smaller run. That is business. Your profit margin increases with each additional identical item made, when you factor in the efficiency curve and the ability to spread the cost of research, prototyping, labor to procure special materials, etc over a larger number of items. Very wrong how this all turned out. I hope PRS reads these forums and decides to make them for ALL who may want one.
    I REALLY hope that this wasn't serious. Hans did a TRUCK LOAD of work to even get this idea off the ground. Then he couldn't get more than 18 or so people to commit, so out of the goodness of his heart (and anyone who really knows him realizes how big that heart really is), he gets it together with NO commitment from PRS that it will even happen! And now you're going to complain that "I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one." Please....I REALLY hope you were kidding.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

When/if I ever decide to send a request to PRS (to make a forum guitar), I'll give them a list of all the people who said they wanted in on Rev 4.

Right now I'm inclined to delete all my threads and move on. I'm just completely disgusted right now - with all of it. To be accused of saying or implying "to heck with everyone else" flies in the face of everything I've ever done for this community.
    I agree. It's become another stupid internet argument over something that doesn't even exist yet. Hans is right. Not worth it. Too much acrimony. In fact, I'm out. Next guy in line can have my place.

I'll get a Paul's Guitar or some other production model and never think about it again.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 05-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

It must have gotten lost somewhere with all the posts of all the people who currently populate the first 25 on the list who contributed absolutely NOTHING to the design, development and support of this project from inception to present.

Since I am well aware from private communications received of the vast amount of people unwilling to publicly comment as I have.....out of some concern or fear of reprisal.....I felt the absolute need to validate Bill's (Ruger) excellent and well spoken post on this thread. I have already been labelled here....I can only hope that I have the freedom of speech to express my thoughts without fear of being banned so long as I remain polite and stick to the facts.

You are wrong! As #17 on the list, I did participate in designing this guitar. Again, "you promised". Do not measure other peoples ethics when you cannot manage your own. I could go on but I do not see the point. And I do state my post respectfully. Please do not misinterpet. And to show I am sincere. Did you ever consider that when the phone call does come down the pipe that maybe, perhaps Hans will make the count at whatever is currently on the wait list. Just a simple, logical novel idea that may exist in ones mind. Seems logical and reasonable to me. Please quit fussing, I think we are all going to be happy in the end.
    Last edited by Audie; 05-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Man...try to do something cool and people pee all over it.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I agree. It's become another stupid internet argument over something that doesn't even exist yet. Hans is right. Not worth it. Too much acrimony. In fact, I'm out. Next guy in line can have my place.

I'll get a Paul's Guitar or some other production model and never think about it again.

Right On Les. Hans, if you decide to drop it, you get no beef from me. You are class act dude all the way, you can interupt my gig any day and assume guitar duties. Thank you Hans! I have no problem ordering a Paul's Guitar if you say the word. Love ya!

Guys...Ol' Bennett seems to ignore my peaceful post. Maybe it is time we ignore him. How much is there left to really say anyway!
    Last edited by Audie; 05-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.

C'mon Les...you know me well enough by now....The day I suck it up and remain silent when I perceive something that needs to be said...is that day that those who care about me will be attending my funeral. You know that about me already. If that makes me an iconoclast, so be it. My posts are for the DOZENS of private emails I've received from like minded members who were....for whatever reason...too scared of consequences to post what I have consistently done. What bothers me as well is why so many people are in fear of posting a comment that goes against the "popular" opinion. But, that is for them to understand. I have never remained silent when I thought that I was observing something that was (for whatever reason) not including those who wanted to participate.

Maybe it's the memories of the look on those kids faces in the schoolyard in elementary school who were always last to be chosen in team sports.
    I've always felt bad for the "outsiders" who wanted to be included...for whatever reason, and tried my best to ensure they were included. Now I find myself in that position. And I should remain silent??? I don't think so.
    Do what you want, and say what you like, but I'm 100% over and done at this point.

To imply that the mods would somehow take disagreement out on people is nonsense. They bend over backwards to allow everyone a voice and accommodate different points of view.

The accusations that have been made lately are completely wrong-headed. Plus, you've made your point ten zillion times. Go be Don Quixote.

In any event, you have moved up one place in line. You should be happy. Celebrate your good fortune.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 05-06-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

When did you interpret my comment to include you???? What concerns me are those members who make up the list of the first 25 that never contributed to the design of this project through all of the various incarnations. You were never implied to be in that list.

Doc,
    The only thing you contributed was "Chaos", Which you must admit seems to follow you around. Do you think this is merely bad luck?
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Feast like a sultan, I do QueenCityGuitars's Avatar
    Are you saying there's something wrong with not having a strong opinion about the Forum Guitar's options, being satisfied with end result, and committing to one? I'm way okay being that guy.

Even though the final design was not to my liking, I am appalled at how someone can just arbitrarily decide to ask for 25, and to heck with anyone else who may want one.
    So, you don't like it...but you want one?

squirt.

An idea: Open this thing up until Friday afternoon. This will give everyone whom is serious a chance to get in. You must send your Dealer a "Non-refundable" $1000 deposit. Then we can give PRS an exact number of Guitars. Doc (Mr. Entittlement) will get his Guitar & will have to find something else to whine about. All the others whom think it was done unfairly can also get their Guitar. If you can't afford the $1000, then you really should re-think whether or not you can afford it. I'm sure the "Non-refundable" deposit will also seem to be unfair to some of you guys as well.....................

Then we will be able to go to PRS & ask them to build said Guitars.

B. Moss............ i am prepared to pay my deposit today!

No...just the willingness to say what is on my mind, even if it goes against the popular opinion...as validated by the dozens of private emails I have received jn the past 24 hours.

OK....I'm done for now...like Les....I will walk away from this debacle...please remove my name from the list...I see no reason to commemorate this project with a purchase. I can spend my money elsewhere.

My life is free from Chaos...I have learned to walk away when my goals and motivations are so diverse from others'. this was an unnecessary diversion into the concept of "fair play" which I can find elsewhere.
    Give me a break... REALLY doc? Why do you feel the need to "speak" for these folks? Aren't they adults as well? Can they not speak for themselves?
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

guys, the thing is... we don't know if PRS will want to build 10, 20, 25 or 100 of those. The point is: Hans came with this idea. Many people gave their input. Now Hans can call PRS saying that he has more then 25 people who wants that guitar. Next step, as I see, is PRS saying no or asking: more then 25? How many FOR SURE??? Then the conversation reaches another level. I really can't understand (maybe is my poor English) why so much noise for something that was so fun to imagine and talk about. It's still real on the fantasy land, but it's getting closer to be real. Let's not ruin the fun and get the engine moving.
    Let's see if PRS say yes to that and how many guitars they would make.

Problem is that there may not really be more than 25. There may only be 20................... then what?

I say we put our money where our mouth is!

B. Moss, I am prepared to send my deposit by Friday....................... anyone else?