Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    OK....I'm done for now...like Les....I will walk away from this debacle...please remove my name from the list...I see no reason to commemorate this project with a purchase. I can spend my money elsewhere.
    OK....So, now you do not want one? Then what pray tell was the point of all this? And one more question if you please, and this is more so for yourself to ponder than my own curiosity, but if you had been one of the first 25 to reply and commit, would you have gone to bat for this silent majority you represent?

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    Man...try to do something cool and people pee all over it.
    SHOCKING.
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Problem is that there may not really be more than 25. There may only be 20................... then what?

I say we put our money where our mouth is!

B. Moss, I am prepared to send my deposit by Friday....................... anyone else?
    F'n A.
    Sh*tter's full

public display of chagrin.
    This is my favorite line from this entire thread...great band name too....I think I will put it in my sig....
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

Do you remember when I was banned for two weeks for a truly inappropriate comment? Well...a lot of others remember as well. And...many of them feel that it is "inappropriate" for them to comment negatively about the recent turn of events. No one wants to get banned....especially me. I may not always agree with the company line...but I value my opportunity to participate and comment.

So...I have no problem speaking out when others have fear of reprisal, whether it is realistic or not. I hope that there would be no reprisals for oppositional comments...however from what I've received privately...there are a lot of members who agree with me but who are concerned about posting it publicly. So..while they certainly can speak for themselves...for whatever reason...they are afraid. If someone in authority were to post a comment assuring no reprisals or retaliation in any manner for comments going against the way things turned out....I'd bet anything that you'd see a public display of chagrin.

I think you've been treated unfairly Doc. You prolly deserve a free Guitar!

PS.................. I thought you were off this thread......... again
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

OK....I'm done for now...

Sh*tter's full

I sense a disturbance in The Force, My Wa, Chi and Mojo all at the same time.

I humbly ask that we take a step back and chill. This not the time to abandon the idea or the project. Hans and many other Forum Members put a lot of effort and time into getting this thing this far. That effort was in good faith and deserves not to be denigrated or wasted.

Nothing is set in stone at this time and we need to allow that change is possible. For one thing, PRS has not agreed to the project, making the whole discussion academic at best.

One thing that is very off-putting is the public accusation of less than honorable motives or intentions towards anyone on either side of this debate. Such statements have no place in debate and reflect only on those making the accusations, not their intended targets. Knock it off.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I'm locking this thread for a while to allow time for everyone to cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm locking this thread for a while to allow time for everyone to cool off.
    Nah... leave it closed. This was supposed to be fun. It's not.

If I ever decide to pick up the ball again, I'll reopen the thread. For the time being (and foreseeable future), its dead.

Maybe I'll cool off but I need time away from the discussion.

Getting initial buy-in from PRS never happened - nor was I willing to do it unless we could narrow down what we were going to ask for. Wherever we go from here - assuming I ever reopen this tread - there are lesson's learned.
    One Life

Pissed doesn't begin to describe my emotional state right now...

I have no dog in this hunt. I wasn't going to buy one of the guitars. But level of immaturity and lack of respect exhibited in this thread completely disgusts me. A word of warning. It WILL NEVER happen again.

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear