Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I love it - everything about it is unique and really makes a guitar special enough to represent our little family. Only thing I would request is that we give it the traditional PRS headstock and not the Santana/Ted a la the famous and elusive Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars!
    I LOVE this idea, it would make the guitar all the more unique and look crazy cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    Looking good! We need to address hardware! Nickel, Gold or Hybrid. Volume and Tone knobs , push pull pot or mini togs for coil tap, or not. Then again maybe not. If we get to much in the weeds it could kill this thing. We dont want that. That said, maple top or not. Cost could be kept down with a solid hog body.
    It'd be nice to leave the HW color an individual option if possible. I am 100% out if it's gold H/W - I have 2 guitars with gold HW and it's 2 too many.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    It'd be nice to leave the HW color an individual option if possible. I am 100% out if it's gold H/W - I have 2 guitars with gold HW and it's 2 too many.
    Nickel with ivoroid tuner buttons to match the pup rings?
    One Life

Put something together................................ I am ready to commit
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

DGT Club Vice President
    27 frets? Five more I'll never use!

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    27 frets? Five more I'll never use!
    Nah. Only 22. You DGT guys will be right at home.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Nickel or hybrid. I'm game.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Put something together................................ I am ready to commit
    Agreed. I'd like to start scheduling my time on the couch after this purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to start scheduling my time on the couch after this purchase.
    I love playing guitar in my house shoes. I think we are getting pretty close. Black paisley and Piezo trem seemed put us all on the same page.
    Plank Owner

sold
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    sold

WhooHoo.......................... Tim gets #1
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

The headstock signature poll thread got me thinking. What if all the employees signed the body before clear coat?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The headstock signature poll thread got me thinking. What if all the employees signed the body before clear coat?
    Oh dude...

We totally need to have Paul and Shawn sign it.

Still think you need one that isn't at the $4k price point. take off the piezo, swap in a hog or maple neck, and take off the bling and it should hit the $2.2k mark. The Forum Lite version - tonally great and less filling to the credit card.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    Still think you need one that isn't at the $4k price point. take off the piezo, swap in a hog or maple neck, and take off the bling and it should hit the $2.2k mark. The Forum Lite version - tonally great and less filling to the credit card.
    Or, make those things all options. I really want in, but if it's pricey, it's got to be worth it for me. I would want the piezo, but am OK without the other bling.

Options will come with quantity.

It would be easier to discuss "what's possible" if we had a solid head-count.

A "solid" head-count would be easier to get if we had prices.

We can't talk prices until Shawn and I speak to Jack about really doing this. He'll want some idea of quantity. Which means we need a head-count.

We'll tell him we can't get a head-count without some idea of options and pricing.

And 'round it goes.

Bottom line: Let's keep pushing for a SINGLE set of specifications. If we have enough interest (pending details on pricing) then we can do a quick look of how many more people would buy in if we add specific options like bridge type, piezo, neck carve, and pickups. We've made a huge leap forward in recent days. Stay the course.

Right now we're working from this baseline:
    Model: DC22
    Scale: 24.5"
    Bridge: Piezo Trem (potential option)
    Neck Carve: Santana (potential option)
    Pickups: Narrow 408 (like on Brent Mason & Paul's guitar)
    Hardware: Nickel
    Body: Mahogany
    Top: Maple
    Neck: Chaltecoco
    Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
    Headstock Image: Hand-signed by Paul
    Finish: Ultra-thin Nitro
    Case: Black Paisley
    Dealer: Your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    If you mean the back of the body, under the finish, I'd be all over it.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 04-13-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    One Life

Options will come with quantity.

It would be easier to discuss "what's possible" if we had a solid head-count.

A "solid" head-count would be easier to get if we had prices.

We can't talk prices until Shawn and I speak to Jack about really doing this. He'll want some idea of quantity. Which means we need a head-count.

We'll tell him we can't get a head-count without some idea of options and pricing.

And 'round it goes.

Bottom line: Let's keep pushing for a SINGLE set of specifications. If we have enough interest (pending details on pricing) then we can do a quick look of how many more people would buy in if we add specific options like bridge type, piezo, neck carve, and pickups. We've made a huge leap forward in recent days. Stay the course.
    Just keep in mind, options=money. Gold hardware, bird inlays, fancy tops, piezo units, etc. all increase the price of the guitar. If I may suggest. Layout a few guitar models and options and determine how many folks would truly buy THAT particular guitar. You may be able to get away with a couple different variations of the Forum guitar, but "one of these" and "four of those" probably won't fly because anything with too many customizations becomes a Private Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Just keep in mind, options=money. Gold hardware, bird inlays, fancy tops, piezo units, etc. all increase the price of the guitar. If I may suggest. Layout a few guitar models and options and determine how many folks would truly buy THAT particular guitar. You may be able to get away with a couple different variations of the Forum guitar, but "one of these" and "four of those" probably won't fly because anything with too many customizations becomes a Private Stock.
    Good point. Let's establish 10 guitars minimum for each set of exact specs. And... we need to limit the kind of options we're really talking about, right?

Suggestions for options: Neck carve & bridge (piezo or non-piezo)

People should keep in mind, the DC22 will balance (around your neck) better with a tremolo.
    One Life

I'm just catching up after being sick.

I have a question for Shawn:
    Can PRS export BRW?

I thought that the answer to that question was "NO" but we should get it clarified.

This is an international forum with international members - it is conceivable that one or more international members might want a 'forum guitar' as much as the stateside members do. I have brought this up several times in these discussions, but it seems to keep getting ignored.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Good point. Let's establish 10 guitars minimum for each set of exact specs. And... we need to limit the kind of options we're really talking about, right?

Suggestions for options: Neck carve & bridge (piezo or non-piezo)

People should keep in mind, the DC22 will balance (around your neck) better with a tremolo.
    Neck carve and bridge are the only options we really need I think.
    Plank Owner