Thread: Differences between the SE Custom 24 pickups and the SE Santana pickups?

Differences between the SE Custom 24 pickups and the SE Santana pickups?

I am going back and forth and have narrowed my search down to the SE Custom 24, or the SE Santana model. I like the added features of a coil tap and two added frets on the 24, but was wondering about the differences in pickups. Anyone know? Thanks.

The Santana has the 245's, which are lower in output and a bit warmer I would say. They're more vintage, while the SECU24 are more modern, aggressive sounding. The CU24 can still get some very nice, laid back tones though.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

I have both a 2012 SE Custom 24 and a 2012 SE Santana, and I believe they both have the same pups.

However my 2012 SE Tremonti Custom has the 245s.

SE Custom 24:
    Treble Pickup PRS Designed SE HFS Treble
    Bass Pickup PRS Designed SE Vintage Bass

SE Santana:
    Treble Pickup SE Santana Treble
    Bass Pickup SE Santana Bass

These are the 2013 specs, so maybe the 2012 Santana specs were the same as my Custom 24 back when I bought the Santana?
    Wow, they offer a green Santana now, that is cool.