Thread: What kind of music does your band play

What kind of music does your band play

A bar owner told us this week that we need to freshen up our set list. While he did not come out and say this, I believe it is implied that if we don't we may fall out of the rotation. We play a mix of Classic Rock and what I call newer upbeat party Rock.

Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Green Day, ZZTOP, LIT, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Keys, Slash, Etc.

What do you play and what goes over the best at your gigs? I'd love song ideas...

Rock On!!!
    ZebraPRS
    Guitars: 1967 Gibson Byrdland; 1995 PRS Custom 24; 20?? PRS Custom 24 Custom Zebra Stripes, 2009 25th McCarty NF, 2014 Brushstroke 24, 2013 PRS HBII,
    Amps: PRS Original Sewell 50 watt #43 with Paisley 2x12 cab; PRS Pre-Prod 2 Channel C with 2x12 DB Cabinet, PRS Custom 10 watt head

My band is called Gimme Shelter - we're a Rolling Stones tribute band. We're starting another band to play other stuff - same players.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

BTW, the Stones stuff goes over very well. Even people that claim to dislike the Stones actually like a lot of Stones songs.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

We play a few tunes ZZ Top, The Stones, Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac plus some one-off hits such as Stacy's Mom, Girl All The Band Guys Want, Cochise.

We try and play well known songs, new and old, but that other bands don't. We throw the old classics in for encores.

My band has been together for 11 years now. When we first started we were doing heavier stuff. AIC, 7dust, Drowning pool, Rage. But we have changed alot since then, seems the heavier stuff doesnt fly so well anymore. STP, Black Keys, Journey, Styx, Live. All journey stuff works, renegade by styx works well too. We have added a couple petty songs that do well. Last two shows we threw down with The Pot by Tool. No dancing but great response at the end of the song. We used to do Lonely Is the Night-Squire, always went over well.