Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: PRS Employee guitars....let's see 'em guys!!!

  1. #1
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    558

    PRS Employee guitars....let's see 'em guys!!!

    After seeing Paul Miles' 20-year guitar in progress on FB this weekend, I got to thinking...I'd LOVE to see some PRS employee guitars and see what the people that build them dream up themselves.

    So Shawn, James, and whoever else may be reading....let's see 'em!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    After seeing Paul Miles' 20-year guitar in progress on FB this weekend, I got to thinking...I'd LOVE to see some PRS employee guitars and see what the people that build them dream up themselves.

    So Shawn, James, and whoever else may be reading....let's see 'em!!!
    Man! Makes me wish I still had a FB account (but barely). Got any pics of Paul Miles' 20 year guitar???
    One Life

  3. #3
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Man! Makes me wish I still had a FB account (but barely). Got any pics of Paul Miles' 20 year guitar???
    Since they are on his personal account I'm going to ask permission before I post them here
    Last edited by themike; 08-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Since they are on his personal account I'm going to ask permission before I post them here
    Good man!
    One Life

  5. #5
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    558
    Good call Mike....it's going to be fuggin' awesome!!!

    C'mon PRS Employees....let's see some stunners!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jet Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heading South
    Posts
    287
    The "One" I shouldn't have sold!!!!











    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

  7. #7
    Bridge constructor MykeWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    107
    None of these are mine, but they have all passed through my hands for me to work on....







    Not STRICTLY an employee guitar, but so little is known about it, that it COULD be!

    2Tek'd to the MAX

  8. #8
    Hi. I'm naked. Aldwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    155
    I cant remember who this was made for... I haven't owned it in years, so have forgotten. But it is a McSoapy with chrome covers, clear knobs, and wraparound raspberry color. The neck pup was the bees knees!

    I think this sucker is living in the UK at the moment... Ian? Is this yours, now?


  9. #9
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    This is an early one, a CE-24 with a cedar top and H/S/H pickup configuration. Made by Roger Molnar in 1991



  10. #10
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    [QUOTE=Jet Whitey;19110]The "One" I shouldn't have sold!!!!



    Beautiful guitar! What's the single coil pickup, a Vintage Duncan?

  11. #11
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362
    I no longer own this one, she is currently residing in New Castle :-)












    No longer have this one either. Couldn't bond.............. as badly as I wanted to!













    Here is the only one I've kept............







    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  12. #12
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    I no longer own this one, she is currently residing in New Castle :-)
    Here is the only one I've kept............




    Ohhhhhh....*drool* My pants are tight. :0

  13. #13
    Junior Member MrKnaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18
    I think your 12 string is freakin' beautiful! Man that's porn to me. I bet she really sings.
    That's a 'gonna take her to the grave with me' guitar.

    Thanks for sharing those.

  14. #14
    Bridge constructor MykeWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn View Post
    I cant remember who this was made for... I haven't owned it in years, so have forgotten. But it is a McSoapy with chrome covers, clear knobs, and wraparound raspberry color. The neck pup was the bees knees!

    I think this sucker is living in the UK at the moment... Ian? Is this yours, now?

    It now resides in Hasting with Mr Cheeba!

    And YES, that guitar does indeed fuggin' ROCK!
    2Tek'd to the MAX

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    1992 Employee....birds, moons, sweet switch, tone control.....obviously "Dave O." couldn't make up his mind. The "trucker girl" inlay on the headstock was what convinced me I had to own it. I had an offer and was just recently going to sell it overseas...and then I decided I needed to keep it, so now it's locked up away from temptation!!



















  16. #16
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    1992 Employee....birds, moons, sweet switch, tone control.....obviously "Dave O." couldn't make up his mind. The "trucker girl" inlay on the headstock was what convinced me I had to own it. I had an offer and was just recently going to sell it overseas...and then I decided I needed to keep it, so now it's locked up away from temptation!!
    Just so you know, unless another one exists, this is probably going to be the only guitar ever that has a trucker girl! I remember speaking with Tina last year about exactly what wouldn't Paul do in PS and she pointed out things like pot leaves and "stripper ladies" probably wouldn't get the final nod anymore hahaha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    1999 Employee CU22 with Turquoise birds and TRC:










    Last edited by docbennett; 08-22-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Just so you know, unless another one exists, this is probably going to be the only guitar ever that has a trucker girl! I remember speaking with Tina last year about exactly what wouldn't Paul do in PS and she pointed out things like pot leaves and "stripper ladies" probably wouldn't get the final nod anymore hahaha
    That is why, even after I received an offer well in excess of the numbers people pay for brand new Private Stock.... from an overseas collector....when the moment of truth came I decided to keep it. This is one that will eventually get sold....but probably not for several more years. I get too much joy out of just looking at it...now, if only it had a wide fat neck.......oh well.

    As for the red bold comment above....well, for that, I have the "Employee 4-20 guitar"....so I guess I have all the taboo bases covered!









    Last edited by docbennett; 08-22-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  19. #19
    Prince of Paisley iahawk36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    558
    C'mon employees....no one wants to show their creations off?!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

  20. #20
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    C'mon employees....no one wants to show their creations off?!
    Yeah - Shawn, I know you have to have a few under your belt!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •