Thread: PRS with Piezo pickups

Question PRS with Piezo pickups

What models are you guys using? What amp selection? I'm thinking about getting something with piezos and not really sure what the options are. Do I need a 2nd amp? Thanks for the input guys.
    ~ Matt

PRS Custom 22 | PRS Stripped 58 | Jackson Soloist XL | HXDA Head and 2x12 Stealth Cab

I have a P22 and an HBII, both with piezo. Both have two outputs, one for piezo and the other for magnetic, although the magnetic jack serves both sets of pickups if you use only one cable. You can use two amps or just one. The piezo through a clean amp sounds spectacular.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

I have the HB2 and I plug it in the PA system. I use a Radial PZ.DI (the new model is called PZ Select - http://www.tonebone.com/tb-pzselect.htm), so I switch between piezo and magnetic with my foot and I only use a TRS cable instead of 2.

P22 - If I'm feeling froggy or need to cover the complete acoustic / electric tone palate - I run the Mag side to the regular pedal board / amp and the Piezo to a Fishman Aura then to the PA. You could run the Fishman in to a Loud box or other acoustic amp.

You can run the combined signal right into a clean amp and it sounds pretty dang good too.

I set my rig up like Bryan with a volume pedal to control the electric side as he suggests:
    Last edited by Rango; 01-31-2013 at 12:16 PM.

25th HB2 - acoustic out I use an AER acoustic amp or DI straight to desk and mag only to amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    P22 - If I'm feeling froggy or need to cover the complete acoustic / electric tone palate - I run the Mag side to the regular pedal board / amp and the Piezo to a Fishman Aura then to the PA. You could run the Fishman in to a Loud box or other acoustic amp.

You can run the combined signal right into a clean amp and it sounds pretty dang good too.

I set my rig up like Bryan with a volume pedal to control the electric side as he suggests:
    ^^^THIS +1^^^

CE24 with a Graph Tech Ghost. I run it through an Axe FX Ultra (it can run 2 inputs with totally separate signal chains to one output).
    Sounds incredible.

Beautiful, tasteful playing, and it really shows how versatile a system that guitar can be when utilized like that. Very nice job!

I use a Fishman Loudbox Mini. It is great for home use. I get a very nice sound running the mixed mag into the clean side of my PT100.
    2013 LP R9 VOS
    2012 P22, IRW
    2013 SG Standard VOS
    Suhr PT 100 Amp, Forte 212 Cab
    Marshall Vintage Modern and SL5, Fishman Loudbox

AER Compact 60/2...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Graphtech GHOST system through my AxeFX II.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I am using a PRS P24 and love it....I play it through a Randall RT 100....
    PRS Guitars Endorsee (2008 Mira / 2010 Custom 24 / 2012 Limited Edition Top 10 P24 / 2013 Custom 24 / 2014 PRS SE Angelus Custom) and Signature Club Member... http://www.reverbnation.com/jdbradshaw http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/profile/jd_bradshaw/ https://www.youtube.com/user/ACACIAENTERTAINMENT/videos

Hi, I just bought a P22 and want to confirm. So the mag input jack on the guitar accepts a TRS cable, and I can use a Tonebone PZ-Select pedal to then switch between piezo and 53/10 pickups? Thanks!

After watching that video, I really want a P22 now. I'd have to sell my beloved CS Telecaster to do so, and probably won't. But I'm tempted.

Beautiful finish on that PRS... Can I ask what color that is?