Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC58 Black Gold

SC58 Black Gold

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I lurked for some time but today I made it official because I bought my first PRS. I picked up a new 2011 SC58 "Artist" Black Gold today with a price I couldn't refuse. Not sure if I should name the shop but for $2600 out the door, I couldn't pass it up. I guess it also helped that some shops have been trying to empty out their PRS inventory because they are headed to NAMM. I tried searching on here for any posting from SC 58 owners but couldn't find anything. Looking forward to reading a lot of threads and jamming on a beautiful guitar.

Congrats on the guitar. I'm sure it kills. Let's see some pics when you get a chance.

I'm currently without a solid Singlecut, but will probably fix that some time soon. They are awesome guitars.

Bought one last year, excellent build and as always one the most comfortable guitars to play...and it sounds amazing..welcome

Jock

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Pictures, or its a First Act guitar from Toys-R-Us.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Congrats - if you got it where I think you got it (because I have been eying that one for a few months off and on now, and all of a sudden it says "just sold") then it's a gorgeous axe...and that is a great shop to work with, have bought 3 PRSes from them.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Grats Man! I just joined the club myself and couldn't be happier!

Thanks everyone. It will arrive here on Friday. Pics will be up then. So looking forward to Friday night. Won't be sleeping much at all. The guy that I brokered the deal with was a straight up good dude. No doubt in my mind that I will buy from them again. The transaction was flawless and perfect. I wished more shops would operate that way. Btw CantankerousCarl if the shop you speak of is in AZ then you are correct.

congrats and welcome.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamminPA View Post
    Thanks everyone. It will arrive here on Friday. Pics will be up then. So looking forward to Friday night. Won't be sleeping much at all. The guy that I brokered the deal with was a straight up good dude. No doubt in my mind that I will buy from them again. The transaction was flawless and perfect. I wished more shops would operate that way. Btw CantankerousCarl if the shop you speak of is in AZ then you are correct.
    Scotty @ Rainbow rocks...bought a Siggy, Paul's Guitar and CU24 Semi-Hollow from him. Wish they moved a few more PRSes though, although the ones they do get in are pretty spectacular. Looking forward to the tone report!
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Scott is one cool dude. During our conversation I blew his mind because of where I was calling from. He grew up in the area. The next high end guitar I get will be from them. Outstanding customer service and quality products.

Well the PRS SC 58 came in today. I am beyond words on how sweet it sounds coming through my Blues Deluxe Reissue...even without any pedals. The sustain is incredible and the action feels as if it were made for me. Sorry for the potato quality pics.[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Yummy....
    I love technology.... when it works....

Nice!

Very nice

Congrats

Congrats on the purchase, but people in this forum seem to have a misconception about the term NEW, a 2011 guitar thats been sitting in a guitar shop for a few years is not new, and it's most likely been played to death by casual customers just window shopping.

A guitar from any manufacturer that is sealed in it's original box is a new guitar, not one thats been opened unpacked and hung on a wall, that constitues as used, especially if we're talking about a 2011 guitar while we're here in 2015.

No offense man, i'm not trying to bring you down off the new purchase high, i'm sure it's a beautiful guitar but it's over 3 years old.
    Alot of people in this forum were trying to sell me on a McCarty, which i know is a gorgeous PRS guitar, but they've been discontinued for years, and therefore not new.
    Well enjoy your purchase regardless.

As far as I'm concerned, if a guitar comes with a manufacturer warranty then I consider it to be new. MOST high-end guitars have been played by someone before you in a shop - are all of those "used" even if they've only been out of the box for a week? And at what point is an old-stock guitar no longer considered 'new'? Six months? A year? Three years?

If any given guitar does have visible wear from being in stock a long time and played a lot by time wasters or otherwise then I'd simply expect an appropriate discount. It's the nature of retail and instrument sales.

Anyway, @JamminPA - beautiful SC58. Black Gold is an absolutely stunning colour. Congrats!!
    Last edited by Whitecat; 01-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macmutt View Post

No offense man, i'm not trying to bring you down off the new purchase high
    It kinda feels like you are.

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Now THAT is really doggone cool!!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Yep, that is sweet, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    It kinda feels like you are.
    Several times in fact.