Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A little "Pay it Forward" in honor of.....

I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking for anything for free. I've got a Custom 24 SE Tobacco Burst and it is a GORGEOUS guitar, except for one thing, I can't stand the cream colored pup rings and 3-way switch cap. Would anyone happen to have a set of black ones that I could purchase from them? I emailed PRS and the response I got was "I'm pretty sure the US rings will fit, but there is no black switch-cap", fair enough, but I'd like to find something that I know would fit.

Anyway, the community here is the best I've ever seen on any forum, I'm very impressed with all of you.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that was my 1st actual post...I've been lurking here forever...

I got nuth'in for ya Howling.................... But welcome to the Forum
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingmine View Post
    I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking for anything for free. I've got a Custom 24 SE Tobacco Burst and it is a GORGEOUS guitar, except for one thing, I can't stand the cream colored pup rings and 3-way switch cap. Would anyone happen to have a set of black ones that I could purchase from them? I emailed PRS and the response I got was "I'm pretty sure the US rings will fit, but there is no black switch-cap", fair enough, but I'd like to find something that I know would fit.

Anyway, the community here is the best I've ever seen on any forum, I'm very impressed with all of you.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that was my 1st actual post...I've been lurking here forever...
    If you cant find what you're looking for on ebay, check out allparts.com, I bet you can find a switch cap there...

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingmine View Post

The US rings will fit your SE. The US toggle switch tip will not. You can find switch tips at most luthier supply shops, just be sure to get a switch with metric threads.

^ Cool hats you gave away yesterday! As usual I was about 30 min late to the dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The US rings will fit your SE. The US toggle switch tip will not. You can find switch tips at most luthier supply shops, just be sure to get a switch with metric threads.
    Thanks Shawn, I'll get those rings ordered and check out a few of the online shops for a switchcap

I have these pickups for whoever needs them. They came off the original Paul Alender model before he went to EMGs. I got them off eBay for my Custom24 project, but didn't realize they had gold pole pieces.
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

I would love those. For my homemade guitar. I am in the u,k if thats a deal breaker.
    Last edited by carpincowboy; 04-21-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I have these pickups for whoever needs them. They came off the original Paul Alender model before he went to EMGs. I got them off eBay for my Custom24 project, but didn't realize they had gold pole pieces.
    I'll take the TT they're sitting on...oh yeah...you gonna be at exp. '13? We can talk foooootball!!

Quote Originally Posted by carpincowboy View Post
    I would love those. For my homemade guitar. I am in the u,k if thats a deal breaker.
    Pm me your address

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    I'll take the TT they're sitting on...oh yeah...you gonna be at exp. '13? We can talk foooootball!!
    Sorry, that's not going anywhere! Haha! Yeah I will be there!

Sadly it's in Ravens' country!

Pm sent. Many thanks.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    Sorry, that's not going anywhere! Haha! Yeah I will be there!

Sadly it's in Ravens' country!
    Yes it's in Ravens country, but we are a gracious fan base, besides, how bad can you be? You're a PRS guy! Also let's be honest, the only reason we have been as good as we have been is in no small part due to playing Pittsburgh at least twice per year. Mad respect for the Steelers.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

I have 3 loaded Mexi Strat pickguards, white, black and pearlized white. A set of EMGhz humbuckers. A set of Epiphone Les Paul humbuckers. Lastly I have a mixed set of humbuckers fom a Jackson project guitar off of eBay, Duncan designed neck and Dimarzio DP100 bridge.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Is it possible for the EMG's to fly to Europe?

I can use the loaded pearloid!

Whoop whoop!

EMG 81/85, pots, battery clip, and leads. easy enough to breath new life into your metal machine.... if you go in for that kind of thing.

Tonepros bridge. NO Posts! Bridge only, could be great if you use heavier strings.

Black Floyd arm. Going in the trash if someone can't use it.

All of 'em shipped for free by me within CONUS!

I'll take the ascot if it hasn't been claimed yet.

sent a PM about the bridge.....
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    sent a PM about the bridge.....
    Yours.