Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 157

Thread: A little "Pay it Forward" in honor of.....

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49
    I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking for anything for free. I've got a Custom 24 SE Tobacco Burst and it is a GORGEOUS guitar, except for one thing, I can't stand the cream colored pup rings and 3-way switch cap. Would anyone happen to have a set of black ones that I could purchase from them? I emailed PRS and the response I got was "I'm pretty sure the US rings will fit, but there is no black switch-cap", fair enough, but I'd like to find something that I know would fit.

    Anyway, the community here is the best I've ever seen on any forum, I'm very impressed with all of you.

    Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance

    Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that was my 1st actual post...I've been lurking here forever...

  2. #82
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362
    I got nuth'in for ya Howling.................... But welcome to the Forum
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  3. #83
    Member Boogeyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlingmine View Post
    I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking for anything for free. I've got a Custom 24 SE Tobacco Burst and it is a GORGEOUS guitar, except for one thing, I can't stand the cream colored pup rings and 3-way switch cap. Would anyone happen to have a set of black ones that I could purchase from them? I emailed PRS and the response I got was "I'm pretty sure the US rings will fit, but there is no black switch-cap", fair enough, but I'd like to find something that I know would fit.

    Anyway, the community here is the best I've ever seen on any forum, I'm very impressed with all of you.

    Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance

    Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that was my 1st actual post...I've been lurking here forever...
    If you cant find what you're looking for on ebay, check out allparts.com, I bet you can find a switch cap there...

  4. #84
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlingmine View Post
    I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking for anything for free. I've got a Custom 24 SE Tobacco Burst and it is a GORGEOUS guitar, except for one thing, I can't stand the cream colored pup rings and 3-way switch cap. Would anyone happen to have a set of black ones that I could purchase from them? I emailed PRS and the response I got was "I'm pretty sure the US rings will fit, but there is no black switch-cap", fair enough, but I'd like to find something that I know would fit.

    Anyway, the community here is the best I've ever seen on any forum, I'm very impressed with all of you.

    Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance

    Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that was my 1st actual post...I've been lurking here forever...
    The US rings will fit your SE. The US toggle switch tip will not. You can find switch tips at most luthier supply shops, just be sure to get a switch with metric threads.

  5. #85
    Member Boogeyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    85
    ^ Cool hats you gave away yesterday! As usual I was about 30 min late to the dance...

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The US rings will fit your SE. The US toggle switch tip will not. You can find switch tips at most luthier supply shops, just be sure to get a switch with metric threads.
    Thanks Shawn, I'll get those rings ordered and check out a few of the online shops for a switchcap

  7. #87
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    663
    I have these pickups for whoever needs them. They came off the original Paul Alender model before he went to EMGs. I got them off eBay for my Custom24 project, but didn't realize they had gold pole pieces.
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Driffield. U.K
    Posts
    379
    I would love those. For my homemade guitar. I am in the u,k if thats a deal breaker.
    Last edited by carpincowboy; 04-21-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manchester, Maryland
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I have these pickups for whoever needs them. They came off the original Paul Alender model before he went to EMGs. I got them off eBay for my Custom24 project, but didn't realize they had gold pole pieces.
    I'll take the TT they're sitting on...oh yeah...you gonna be at exp. '13? We can talk foooootball!!

  10. #90
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by carpincowboy View Post
    I would love those. For my homemade guitar. I am in the u,k if thats a deal breaker.
    Pm me your address
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  11. #91
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    I'll take the TT they're sitting on...oh yeah...you gonna be at exp. '13? We can talk foooootball!!
    Sorry, that's not going anywhere! Haha! Yeah I will be there!

    Sadly it's in Ravens' country!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Driffield. U.K
    Posts
    379
    Pm sent. Many thanks.
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

  13. #93
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    Sorry, that's not going anywhere! Haha! Yeah I will be there!

    Sadly it's in Ravens' country!
    Yes it's in Ravens country, but we are a gracious fan base, besides, how bad can you be? You're a PRS guy! Also let's be honest, the only reason we have been as good as we have been is in no small part due to playing Pittsburgh at least twice per year. Mad respect for the Steelers.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

  14. #94
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    300
    I have 3 loaded Mexi Strat pickguards, white, black and pearlized white. A set of EMGhz humbuckers. A set of Epiphone Les Paul humbuckers. Lastly I have a mixed set of humbuckers fom a Jackson project guitar off of eBay, Duncan designed neck and Dimarzio DP100 bridge.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

  15. #95
    Member RichardJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The land of wine and cheese
    Posts
    182
    Is it possible for the EMG's to fly to Europe?

  16. #96
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    663
    I can use the loaded pearloid!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  17. #97
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,158
    Whoop whoop!


    EMG 81/85, pots, battery clip, and leads. easy enough to breath new life into your metal machine.... if you go in for that kind of thing.



    Tonepros bridge. NO Posts! Bridge only, could be great if you use heavier strings.



    Black Floyd arm. Going in the trash if someone can't use it.


    All of 'em shipped for free by me within CONUS!

  18. #98
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,428
    I'll take the ascot if it hasn't been claimed yet.

  19. #99
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    964
    sent a PM about the bridge.....
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  20. #100
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    sent a PM about the bridge.....
    Yours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •