Thread: PRS 2 CHANNEL H COMBO (UPDATE)

PRS 2 CHANNEL H COMBO (UPDATE)

I have another post that went over FedEx dropping my first amp ordered then damaging another then having the amp die on my first gig. Well I thought it was fair to give an update.

First of all Mike Clark and Doug Sewell from PRS went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. I feel it is what every company should do but few excersie it. Even though I did not order the amp directly from them and they did not ship it to me, they took full responsibility to make sure I was taken care of.

Sweetwater who I ordered it from did not. I waited six weeks after the first amp was returned and they continually said that PRS did not get back to them (via email). I finally asked if they own a phone and why don't they use it? I decided not to wait for them anymore and emailed PRS directly. Since then I got answers on a regular basis. After Sweetwater first shipped me an amp of a different color than advertised they said that hapens sometimes and again blamed PRS for giving them the wrong picture. Then after I cleared it up with PRS and ordered the correct color they had the nerve to put on the new invoice that it was a special order amp and NON RETURNABLE! WTF! I had done a lot of business with them in the past and they took good care of me but I think you only really see what a company is made of AFTER you have a problem and see how they respond to it.

PRS DID IT RIGHT

SWEETWATER DID NOT

So my amp works and sounds great! It turns out there was a bad tube or two (probably from dropping it again DAMN FEDEX!) and that was all they could find after replacing the fuse. They overnighted it back and forth PAYING FOR ALL OF IT. Sweetwater did pay for theirs also but once I reached out to PRS they basically didn't do anytinhg for follow up and blew me off a bit. Shame on them. I wanted to cancel my order but PRS was so nice and attentive I actually felt bad for them instead of me. I spoke to Mike many times and Doug offered to drive the amp back to me in Boston (half kidding, I think) after calling me to troubleshoot it. Class act both of them.

So hats off to PRS they earned my business and I would GLADY do it again.

Thanks Mike & Doug and crew!

Peter S.

This forum seriously needs a "like" button, because this kind of customer support deserves FB-level of likes!

Going to do a very comprehensive video demo of the Channel H combo after MusikMesse in April,
    looking forward to it a lot!
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ1026 View Post
    First of all Mike Clark and Doug Sewell from PRS went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of.
    That says it all, right there.

Awesome, glad it all worked out in the end. Where are the pics of the amp?

Sorry to hear about your initial hassles with this. Very happy to hear it worked out in the end. Doug and Mike are boss.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lainegard View Post
    This forum seriously needs a "like" button, because this kind of customer support deserves FB-level of likes!

Going to do a very comprehensive video demo of the Channel H combo after MusikMesse in April,
    looking forward to it a lot!
    Richard,

iI checked out your website today. Insane playing my friend! I do not play that style myself but I have always been a fan of it since the 80's. Great to hear it is alive and well. Nice guitars to boot.

Pete

Richard,

iI checked out your website today. Insane playing my friend! I do not play that style myself but I have always been a fan of it since the 80's. Great to hear it is alive and well. Nice guitars to boot.

Pete
    Thanks Pete!
    Unfortunately Ill have to put the demo on hold for a while (maybe towards the summer).
    Waiting for a SE 7-string to use in the demo. Having a baby in 11 days, so that kinda will
    put everything on hold for a while, but the demo will come, and include everything from downtuned metal fusion
    to funk rock and blues
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com

Richard,

Pete
    I echo the sentiment - some tasty guitar playing there Richard.
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

I recently bought PRTS 2 Channel C Combo amp, that I love. I have been trying to find a cover for it. Unfortunately PRS does not carry covers that fit it. Has anyone found covers that fit of have some suggestions?

Older getting younger
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] http://www.d2fcovers.com/Landing.htm

Order the one for the 2 channel H head, it's the same size as the 2 channel C. That is what I did after emailing D2F.
    Last edited by pondsnorkeler; 05-10-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

I've not tried them but hear Studio Slips is pretty good but pricy:

http://www.studioslips.com/index.php...=23&CabID=4471
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

I have a D2F cover for my H combo that is perfect. Highly recommended.

Thanks. Had looked at D2F on line but this is the recommendation that i need.

Older getting younger
    I should have added this above, I decided to buy a D2F cover for my new Bad Cat Cub II which I only own for a month now.
    Also, D2F has a monthly drawing to win one of their T shirts and I don't know how often a chance to win a Longhorn tube amplifier hand built in Texas. http://www.longhornamps.com/index/home.html
    BTW, I am not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.
    Last edited by pondsnorkeler; 05-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    I was joeprs on BAM

Older getting younger
    Ordered the cover for my Bad Cat last night. I heard back quickly, asking me the depth. Apparently some are 10.5" and some are 11" deep. He wanted to make sure they send me the right one. These covers fit like a glove. I'm happy with the one on my 2 channel C, that's why I ordered another for my Bad Cat. They are good to deal with too.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFromHawaii View Post
    I echo the sentiment - some tasty guitar playing there Richard.
    Thanks mate!

And on the cover issue.
    I tried a flight case made for a Fender Blues Deville 4x10,
    And event though a tight fit, it did work
    -Richard Lainegard-
    RichardLainegard.com