Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternashine -Players Kit scratch Remover/Polish

Eternashine -Players Kit scratch Remover/Polish

Hi. I searched the forum, but did not see any posts about this. Anyone have experience with this product for light pick scratches / swirls? They provide two bottles, each bottle with a different polish type, and a micro-fiber cloth. Thanks.
    2010 Experience McCarty, Fire Red Burst Quilt w/ 57/08 pickups.
    2013 408MT, Purple Hazel Quilt
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G
    50 watt Ampeg ReverberRocket

I got nothin'.

According to the video on the site, it doesn't just cover up the scratches like most waxes. But it also doesn't require much rubbing, so it's obviously some sort of chemical action on the surface of the paint.

I'd also like to know more about Virtuoso Polish. I've heard it's good, but there's nothing on their site referring to removing scratches, just creating a shine.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

I was thinking maybe some fine polishing compound, but I suppose it could be a chemical reaction as well. I think I will order it and try it out on a less expensive guitar to see what happens.
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

Aubs, I just went out and bought some Virtuoso Premium Polish and tried it on the back of my 408 Artist Pkg. I'm really impressed!

I've used Meguiar's New Car Glaze for 20 years, but this Virtuoso stuff requires far less rubbing because there are no abrasives, and it leaves no swirl marks of any kind. I used it with a clean fluffy microfiber cloth and I'd have to say that barring some unforeseen circumstance, it's great stuff. It also leaves a very clear, deep shine.

I didn't have any scratches on the guitar that needed to be polished out - you're supposed to use their Premium Cleaner for that - but I had a little 3 inch swirl mark I wanted to get rid of. All I had to do was rub in a circular motion very lightly for maybe 10-15 seconds and that mark is apparently gone without a trace (the fix looks permanent, not cosmetic, because I looked at every angle in daylight and artificial light and don't see any swirl; however I'll report back if anything reappears when the shine wears off).

It works chemically, and the maker says it's safe for nitro finishes (my 408 has V12).

Based on today's results, I think I'd even use it on my Private Stock if a need arises.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 08-14-2014 at 04:21 PM.

I have the eternashine kit (i THINK that's what it's called - a blue and a pink polish)

Works pretty neat, I find!!!

Just ONLY use it on high-gloss finishes - cause matte finishes will BECOME glossy with the stuff :-)

Thank you for the great feedback you two. Where did you find Virtuoso, auto store? If I can't find that, I will order some of the eternashine with a better confidence level. THANK YOU! Kent
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

FYI-my 408 is the V12 as well. The McCarty is not nitro, but the coating before the V12; high gloss but not as glass-like as the V12.
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

Quote Originally Posted by Aubs View Post
    Thank you for the great feedback you two. Where did you find Virtuoso, auto store? If I can't find that, I will order some of the eternashine with a better confidence level. THANK YOU! Kent
    They carry Virtuoso at Guitar Center, but not at their online store. I picked mine up there.

It worked great on the V12 on the 408, but the main reason I wanted to try it is for a nitro-finished Private Stock. The PRS polish isn't compatible with nitro.

If it works with the V12 I'm sure it'll be safe for the earlier poly finish.

Excellent. I will check out GC.
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

Hi guys, I'm new here to the forum & I do work at Eternashine (Guitar Scratch Remover Polish) and saw some posts here with questions.

Our product, the Player's Kit, is safe on PRS high gloss finishes, and we've had customers use it on the V12 finish with great success. If it's a high gloss PRS then you can use our polishes.
    The product does not perform a chemical reaction or alter the surface as some may have thought, it actually works by smoothing out the scratches with each pass at the microscopic level, as you rub down the surface. This happens until the scratches are no longer visible. It is a special kind of compound but it works a little differently than the typical compounds you might find at your local hardware store & is thus safer to use on guitar finishes. It's been tested and is safe and effective when used as directed on guitars, and that includes high gloss nitro and poly finishes. Our product is not a glaze which will eventually wear off. Once you remove scratches with our Player's Kit, they won't come back because there is nothing to wear off. It is designed for lighter scratches primarily. We also currently offer detail sprays and spray wax, while those are not scratch removers they do make for a nice finished result after polishing.
    Thanks to everyone for their interest in our products and feel free to contact us if there are questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GSR View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here to the forum & I do work at Eternashine (Guitar Scratch Remover Polish) and saw some posts here with questions.

Our product, the Player's Kit, is safe on PRS high gloss finishes, and we've had customers use it on the V12 finish with great success. If it's a high gloss PRS then you can use our polishes.
    The product does not perform a chemical reaction or alter the surface as some may have thought, it actually works by smoothing out the scratches with each pass at the microscopic level, as you rub down the surface. This happens until the scratches are no longer visible. It is a special kind of compound but it works a little differently than the typical compounds you might find at your local hardware store & is thus safer to use on guitar finishes. It's been tested and is safe and effective when used as directed on guitars, and that includes high gloss nitro and poly finishes. Our product is not a glaze which will eventually wear off. Once you remove scratches with our Player's Kit, they won't come back because there is nothing to wear off. It is designed for lighter scratches primarily. We also currently offer detail sprays and spray wax, while those are not scratch removers they do make for a nice finished result after polishing.
    Thanks to everyone for their interest in our products and feel free to contact us if there are questions.
    Thanks for that info, GSR, it's very useful!

Thank you for the excellent info GSR. Welcome to the forum. Have a PRS? Kent
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

I have been using massive amounts of eternashine's guitar scratch remover, not only for removing scratches on lacquer but also to polish frets (remove rust and tarnish).

I would say its a great product overall. It consistently removes scratches both light and deep.

The only caution I would advise is that if you're a perfectionist like me, you should standby another polish of ultra fine grit to use as a follow up to eternashine. I've found that on some finishes (some not all), eternashine does leave a slight haze. I use a very fine toothpaste (colgate sensitive teeth variety) to remove the haze leaving flawless shine. The toothpaste just one of those things I experimented with and found it a success. There is no way to predict which finishes end up with the haze and which do not.

Thanks for the good advice out having a high gloss polish available. Toothpaste? Very interesting.
    Tom Bedell TB-28-G

Quote Originally Posted by EveryAxeAGem View Post
    I have been using massive amounts of eternashine's guitar scratch remover, not only for removing scratches on lacquer but also to polish frets (remove rust and tarnish).

I would say its a great product overall. It consistently removes scratches both light and deep.

The only caution I would advise is that if you're a perfectionist like me, you should standby another polish of ultra fine grit to use as a follow up to eternashine. I've found that on some finishes (some not all), eternashine does leave a slight haze. I use a very fine toothpaste (colgate sensitive teeth variety) to remove the haze leaving flawless shine. The toothpaste just one of those things I experimented with and found it a success. There is no way to predict which finishes end up with the haze and which do not.
    Thanks for your post. Regarding haze, there shouldn't be haze left by our products when done with the process, otherwise we would get frequent complaints. After using the blue label #2 blend, the red #1 should remove any haze or residue leaving you with a glassy finish. If you are experiencing haze it's a good idea to go back over it with the Player's Kit #1 blend (red label) and in the final pass really lighten up pressure. Also make sure the microfiber is completely clean and has no residue from polishing. It may be a good idea to use a fresh clean microfiber towel if you're getting haze or swirls, and shy away from cotton towels and avoid towel edges. Not all microfibers are created equal either, we've tested some aren't as soft and leave fine swirls (ours do not).
    You can also try our spray wax after polishing for the ultimate luster, it will seal the surface so you shouldn't be seeing imperfections or haze even on finicky surfaces. Sometimes black finishes are hard to get perfect everytime with any polishing product, and so spray wax or similar finishing products can really bump up the luster and over all appearance a notch.

Also keep in mind our polishes have no wax or fillers in them even though we offer a separate spray wax. So if you've have recently used another polish that has silicone or glossifiers/fillers in it, and you polish with our kit, those fillers and glossifiers will be removed and the resulting area is going to look slightly different in luster by comparison. So its a good idea to do the entire surface. You can then use another product or wax after ours if you like. This may mask any final finish imperfections because a waxed surface is always going to look better on any painted finish, whether its been polished or not, so its a good idea if you're into the best overall look. Personally I'd be careful with toothpaste because many we've seen will make scratches. Thanks.
    Last edited by GSR; 02-02-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Another thumbs up for the Players Kit. I have "saved" many guitars with this product. I have taken some scratches that I didn't think would ever come out!! I would give it a try.

A buddy of mine used this stuff on an older used black CU24 he picked up locally. Here are the before and after pictures. I've been heavily thinking about picking it up to use on my CU24 as well.

Scattered Light - My Band Scattered Light - 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    A buddy of mine used this stuff on an older used black CU24 he picked up locally. Here are the before and after pictures. I've been heavily thinking about picking it up to use on my CU24 as well.

So, did you end up getting the polish? I am interested in possibly picking some of this up.

On a side note, can anyone recommend some microfiber cloths? There has got to be a ton of stuff out there, but I would have no idea which ones are good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GS1 View Post
    On a side note, can anyone recommend some microfiber cloths? There has got to be a ton of stuff out there, but I would have no idea which ones are good or not.
    Hi GS1, most microfibers out there are good. There are a few we've tried that leave scratches but that's really rare, almost any microfiber towel will work. We also sell them on our site, and ours won't scratch, but in lieu of that just about any microfiber will do the job from your local store and provide a scratch-free experience. Avoid the super thick large plush automotive towels unless you are just doing dusting, these have extra bulk for absorbing water when washing a car, obviously not needed on a guitar.
    Also avoid rubbing with the edges of the towel which usually contain stitching, this can scratch a black guitar. Microfiber is definitely better than cotton, less chance of scratching. Even some "guitar" cloths can leave scratches and they are usually cotton--That's what people tell us anyway. So definitely microfiber is the way to go, its really soft and made not to scratch. Thanks.