Thread: 20th Anniversary PRS

Post 20th Anniversary PRS

I am about to buy a 2005 20th anniversary custom 22 PRS. Is there anybody who can tell me how the dove inlays are placed, what kind of pickups are on it, and if they have the locking tuners? Are they all the same for that year and model? I've been looking at pictures online but I just want to be sure (I am very picky about it). The reason why I don't know is because I have my guitar guy from Guitar Center call me whenever a new used PRS custom 22 comes in, so there aren't any pictures up on it yet. I don't own any "anniversary" ones. Thanks in advance.

-Carlos

Mine had 20th Annv Birds in Flight, Dragon II pickups and locking tuners.

Last edited by PRSHB2; 02-05-2013 at 02:34 AM.

2005 was a great year for PRS. However, not all 20th Anniversary guitars had the 20th Anniversary Package that included the "Birds in Flight" inlays, as shown in the above picture. If I were looking for a 20th, I would look for a guitar with the Artist Package and the 20th Anniversary Package. This will give you the BRW fretboard, BRW headstock veneer, Artist top, gold hardware, paua birds and headstock inlay, and the leather case also.

Somehting to keep in mind as you search. These models were so popular that it took until 2008 ... maybe even 2009 for all the orders to be filled for the 20th guitars. So don't be surprised by the date on the guitar.

Here is the CU22 AP 20th Anniversary I used to have ...

Last edited by wilerty; 02-05-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Very good points. I had neglected to mention that mine was an Artist model.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Here's a 20th Cu22, 10-top, non-artist. It has Dragon II pickups, and phase 2 locking tuners. I added the chrome pickup rings, other than that it's stock:

My favorite birds of all!

Mine, too.

Like Bill said, the 20th anniversary Artist packages was well-worth the upcharge. I'm pretty sure they came with the Artist pickups, too, which were better than the Dragon 2s.
    Too many and never enough...

Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke View Post
    Like Bill said, the 20th anniversary Artist packages was well-worth the upcharge. I'm pretty sure they came with the Artist pickups, too, which were better than the Dragon 2s.
    +1 I searched 5 years for my 20th Anni Artist SC. It was worth it.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Hey thanks for the replies! Sorry it took so long to get back, but I finally got it! Black Cherry, Flame 10-Top, Dragon II pickups, birds in flight, locking tuners, and tremelo. Which brings me to my next question... Does anyone know about how much it would be to put a floyd rose or something similar on it? The tremelo on mine isn't that great. It gets out of tune often, especially when new strings are on it. I've even swapped out the nut and it still goes sharp on some strings and flat on others. There's no consistancy to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwade1989 View Post
    Hey thanks for the replies! Sorry it took so long to get back, but I finally got it! Black Cherry, Flame 10-Top, Dragon II pickups, birds in flight, locking tuners, and tremelo. Which brings me to my next question... Does anyone know about how much it would be to put a floyd rose or something similar on it? The tremelo on mine isn't that great. It gets out of tune often, especially when new strings are on it. I've even swapped out the nut and it still goes sharp on some strings and flat on others. There's no consistancy to it.
    Sounds like a setup issue. PTC, baby!