Thread: 2 Chan H -vs- Mesa Mk V

2 Chan H -vs- Mesa Mk V

I have a Mesa Mk V, but I have come across a good deal on a sweet 2 chan H combo....am I going to be covering the same sonic ground with the H once I get past the beautiful maple faceplate? I have watched all the videos on the H from the PRS site and to be honest it sounds awesome but its hard to tell how loud PRSh has that head cranked to get those tones...Anyone care to share their experiances with their H's?

Quote Originally Posted by Fbrandw View Post
    I have a Mesa Mk V, but I have come across a good deal on a sweet 2 chan H combo....am I going to be covering the same sonic ground with the H once I get past the beautiful maple faceplate? I have watched all the videos on the H from the PRS site and to be honest it sounds awesome but its hard to tell how loud PRSh has that head cranked to get those tones...Anyone care to share their experiances with their H's?
    I've owned both of those amps although my H was a early one. I hear they've "improved" the tone on the later ones. I had to crank the master pretty high on the H to get a warmer tone on the gain channel I was happy with but I've never been a Mesa kind of gain guy. The clean channel on the H was awesome, almost worth buying the amp just for that. I actually sold mine and bought a Dallas II to cover that same ground. You are going to be loosing a lot of tweakability the Mark V has so I'd make sure you like the basic tone of the H first.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, PS #4858 McCarty Singlecut, Floyd Custom 24