Thread: Starla tuner question

Starla tuner question

Does anyone know of any locking tuners that will retrofit the Starla? I really miss the locking tuners on this guitar, makes string changes so much quicker but I don't want to have to make new screw holes.

Don't know it they'd be a simple direct fit, but I'll add that I own a Starla one-off from '09 that actually came with phase II locking tuners (purportedly the only one). I know..... probably not much help because I have no idea if the dimensions are identical, but at least you know that there's at least one out there.
    Last edited by AaeCee; 02-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AaeCee View Post
    Don't know it they'd be a simple direct fit, but I'll add that I own a Starla one-off from '09 that actually came with phase II locking tuners (purportedly the only one). I know..... probably not much help because I have no idea if the dimensions are identical, but at least you know that there's at least one out there.
    Yeah, wish they'd done the Phase II on all the Starlas. Funny how they put the locking tuners on the trem-less Mira, but not the Starla. I'm sure the Phase II's would probably fit, I just don't want to have to put more screw holes in the back of the headstock. The stock tuners are Kluson/Keystone style. They're top quality of course being PRS, but those lockers make string changes so effortless.