Thread: My Holowlbody 12 String has lost a screw!

My Holowlbody 12 String has lost a screw!

Hi guys,

New member, first post... I would like to make other 12 string owners aware about a possible issue: the locking screws that lock the 12 tiny saddles in place may become loose over time and, eventually unscrewing completely and getting lost! That's what happened to mu HB12. Please check them every once in a while 'cause when they're off they're impossible to find!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement of just this tiny screw? I've emailed PRS customer service and haven't received a reply after 3 days... I'm really worried 'cause without this screw the guitar won't intonate properly, and one of the reasons I got this PRS 12 string is because they're the only 12 strings out there with perfect intonation!

Thanks & regards to all!
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    Hi guys,

New member, first post... I would like to make other 12 string owners aware about a possible issue: the locking screws that lock the 12 tiny saddles in place may become loose over time and, eventually unscrewing completely and getting lost! That's what happened to mu HB12. Please check them every once in a while 'cause when they're off they're impossible to find!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement of just this tiny screw? I've emailed PRS customer service and haven't received a reply after 3 days... I'm really worried 'cause without this screw the guitar won't intonate properly, and one of the reasons I got this PRS 12 string is because they're the only 12 strings out there with perfect intonation!

Thanks & regards to all!
    Peter
    I'm sure we'll be able to hunt you down a screw - dont fret!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Peter...I think yours is a lost cause....the only way you can still salvage the guitar is to have it sent to the PTC for immediate 7 string conversion.

BTW...Welcome and make yourself at home!

(sorry about the screw...I'm sure somebody around here has one)
    -Bob

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Peter...I think yours is a lost cause....the only way you can still salvage the guitar is to have it sent to the PTC for immediate 7 string conversion.
    (in the voice of Jack Black in "Tenacious D and the pick of destiny") Trust me... it's the only way!
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Yeah great idea! I wouldn't be that drastic though... maybe just 11 strings (think John Butler), or maybe I'll convert it to a mandolin!
    Hope someone chimes in before I turn it into a banjo