Thread: most funny/strange/odd place you've dropped your cell phone

most funny/strange/odd place you've dropped your cell phone

Where is the most funny, most strange, most odd place you've lost your cell phone?

A few years ago i was getting into an elevator while checking my phone. I bumped my arm on the door frame, knocking the phone from my hands, where it proceeded it to fall down the gap between the door and the floor.

(DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Toilet, while peeing. Apparently men can't multitask:

1. Be drunk
    2. Pee
    3. Get phone out of pocket

I also lost an iPhone mid flush as I was turning to the sink to wash my hands....I had to call a plumber who pulled the toilet and shook it out on my front lawn....was interesting trying to explain what happened to the neighbors...as you an imagine the phone was finished.
    -Bob

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    I don't have any funny stories about dropping my cell phone other than it skipping down a side walk or in the parking lot. But when I had a Sprint cell phone, I lost a call while driving by the Sprint headquarters. One would have figured that they would have a tower near by.

Five gallon bucket of paint.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post

1. Be drunk
    2. Pee
    Bad idea. For many reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    Where is the most funny, most strange, most odd place you've lost your cell phone?

A few years ago i was getting into an elevator while checking my phone. I bumped my arm on the door frame, knocking the phone from my hands, where it proceeded it to fall down the gap between the door and the floor.

Oh man, I have a fear about that! I make sure to put it away before entering/leaving an elevator.

Nothing good from me, but my brother once dropped his in a sink full of dishes he was washing. My dad left his on the top of his truck once. Someone once told me they accidentally ran their Nokia through the clothes washer--and it LIVED.
    --Garrett--

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    I once ran over my SIM card with my office chair.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Water Hazard on a miniature golf course. I had one of those snap off belt holders and the phone popped off, bounce 2-3 times in several different directions and plopped right into a shoebox size puddle...

Yeah, it was toast...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Docking my boat at the marina, hanging onto the mooring line while up on the deck and snapped it out of the belt clip into 145' of water.....

Kayaking with my youngest son and I rolled the kayak. I completely forgot I had my phone in my pocket....

He laughed until he was crying, so I rolled his....
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    I also lost an iPhone mid flush as I was turning to the sink to wash my hands....I had to call a plumber who pulled the toilet and shook it out on my front lawn....was interesting trying to explain what happened to the neighbors...as you an imagine the phone was finished.
    Agh! I've been that plumber before. I got a call from a minor league baseball stadium maintenance manager who said one their men's room toilets kept "flushing strange and overflowing" Hurry! There's going to be a crowd this evening! Great. Got there, ran an auger down it and pulled back an iPhone (non working obviously). Still wasn't flushing right. Ran the auger down it again...up came the iPhone case along with a few empty Smirnoff miniatures.

I lost one to the toilet.

I put it on the sink so I wouldn't drop it. Finished, flushed, and washed my hands...then realized the phone was on the hand towel. I tried to do one of those "yank the tablecloth out from under the dishes" moves...didn't work. Phone went straight in. Threw it in the dryer in some pants, and it worked again, but never the same.

My best friend lost an iPod in a porta-potty. He said he saw the glow and instinct kicked in. He got the iPod...and a blue arm.
    Too many and never enough...

No good phone stories for me - but my wife did the toilet dunk with her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildermike View Post
    I don't have any funny stories about dropping my cell phone other than it skipping down a side walk or in the parking lot. But when I had a Sprint cell phone, I lost a call while driving by the Sprint headquarters. One would have figured that they would have a tower near by.
    Not phone related, but... I used to work for a natural gas company. They signed a deal promoting natural gas busses with the local transit authority. Big signs on the busses running on natural gas promoting the company. Day one - DAY ONE - one of the busses broke down right in front of our headquarters (where I worked) and was disabled there for about two hours. If the uppity-ups had seen how hard we were laughing, we'd have probably been fired.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

1. Be drunk
    2. Pee
    I often have to remind myself to leave phone in pocket while #1. I can't help it...I have to check The Official PRS Forum for updates every chance I get!

Back in December I had a friend who was replacing his cell phone. (I started a thread here asking for suggestions about what to get because he wanted me to go with him as some sort of 'technical expert'. Don't ask me!)

Being in the store with him got me thinking, and a few days later I took the plunge. Galaxy Note II. I hadn't even had it a week, and I was at my neighbor's apartment doing some chores. I leaned over, and plop - right into her cat's litterbox. Thankfully, it was a fresh one that I had just opened, so all I had to do deal with was a little dust.

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

1. Be drunk
    2. Pee
    Not so. Video proof men CAN multitask:

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner