Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'?

  1. #1
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831

    Hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'? - The recent Vault trips!

    I know a number of people here recently put some serious work into the oven so...

    Let's see whatcha' got cookin'!

    With a big thanks to TGS + PRS partners in crime. Here is my offering.

    The full kit.


    Brent said he would make me a quilt man and it might have happened. I have never owned or been drawn to quilts. This top however screamed at me and I could not deny it.


    Yes I took a picture of the wrong side. The other side looks about the same so you get the idea.


    Braz everywhere. Including, but not shown here, backplate and tuners.


    I picked inlays last, as I usually do, and later seen this beauty in the PS area. Same design and material as what I had selected.




    Color reference, Honey Gold Smoked Burst.


    Custom 22
    McCarty switching
    57/08's
    Gloss nitro
    Wide fat
    Stop tail
    Mixed hardware
    Brushed nickel pickup covers
    Anodized gold bridge
    Last edited by jfb; 02-09-2013 at 06:31 PM.

  2. #2
    I have something going on, but it's going to be a surprise.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I have something going on, but it's going to be a surprise.
    Is it spicy?!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Is it spicy?!
    Haha! It's smokey.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Haha! It's smokey.
    Pictures!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Woundtight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    338
    Honey Gold Smokeburst is sweet.

    Where/how did you find a body that was roughcut? If memory serves, last time round you had a neck that was roughcut, too...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Woundtight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    338
    BTW, I got nothing in the oven. I am gonna live vicariously through y'all

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Pictures!!!
    All I have is pics of slabs o' wood. The wood wasn't picked for looks.

  9. #9
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    Honey Gold Smokeburst is sweet.

    Where/how did you find a body that was roughcut? If memory serves, last time round you had a neck that was roughcut, too...
    It was just sitting on a shelf. I asked if I could use it. I got the go ahead so I went with it.

    Good memory. Yeah I did have the rough cut neck. I asked for a flamed mahogany neck and I believe they might have been out or something. I just remember Miles saying I have just the thing. He left and came back with the rough cut neck. I thought it looked great so I went with it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member PRSHB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    197
    Love it man!

  11. #11
    Senior Member yankeebulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    381
    I've got these 2 right behind yours:


    #1 - DC245 with Madagascar Rosewood board and veneer. Chose a sinker neck, a highly resonate body, maple neck binding and paua birds with MOP outlines. Also will have 59/09s with DGT controls.

    I picked Aquamarine Glow based on this sample:



    #2 - SC245 with a little Tremonti thrown in:

    I picked Fire Red for this one. It will basically be a Ted SC245 with a trem (w/ up route), maple neck, korina back, blackwood board. Went with maple neck binding, and MOP birds w/paua outlines.
    Last edited by yankeebulldog; 02-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

  12. #12
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    I've got these 2 right behind yours:


    #1 - DC245 with Madagascar Rosewood board and veneer. Chose a sinker neck, a highly resonate body, maple neck binding and paua birds with MOP outlines. Also will have 59/09s with DGT controls.

    I picked Aquamarine Glow based on this sample:



    #2 - SC245 with a little Tremonti thrown in:

    I picked Fire Red for this one. It will basically be a Ted SC245 with a trem (w/ up route), maple neck, korina back, blackwood board. Went with maple neck binding, and MOP birds w/paua outlines.
    Those are smoking. Really like the variety in the builds. Maple binding seems to be the Windy City trademark lately. Looks like you had an awesome experience your first time out. Congrats! These are going to be special.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •