Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nudging the forum over 600 active users...

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Hey, I'm not the one who shot down YOUR idea that we should all wear man-thongs to the next Experience.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Hey, I'm not the one who shot down YOUR idea that we should all wear man-thongs to the next Experience.
    It was actually man thongs AND socks and sandals, we gotta be comfortable! Still can't believe that never took off. themike even offered to pre-print our man-thongs with our forum names too!

Hmm did someone say something about trying to get new members? Surely PRS forum man-thong flash mob would be the best ad campaign ever.

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    I gotta tell you, as a newer member, it felt like I was trying to wiggle my way into a clique. Not to say anybody has ever been disrespectful to me it just seemed at times like I was a guy at a party who walked up on a conversation among friends, said something funny only to have everybody look at me and go back to their conversation! lol

And also, posting pics of my guitars, that I love, among some of these super sweet Private Stock guitars is a bit intimidating. I'm not complaining at all, I love being on here but not everybody has money and the ability to go to the PRS Experience or buy new Private Stock instruments. It honestly feels like at times its an elitist club. I think before we can add members we need to find a way to limit that. Maybe have a section within electric instruments that's an SE section and a section for USA guitars and one for Private Stock.

When somebody buys a new guitar (an SE or a PS) they feel a swell of pride and they want to show it off so they check out the forum. Everybody loves a NGD! We need to embrace that idea and give those people a way to do that without feeling intimidated. I don't think ANYBODY on here would say something negative about an SE, but if a new SE member could show off his/her new pride in a forum with other SE members it might make them more comfortable and therefore more likely to repost and become and "active" member.

I have started several threads and have always found everybody's posts to be honest and enjoyable. Just like this one, lots of great thoughts and suggestions. One I would think would be beneficial would be a little piece of paper inside of the case that mentions specifically the forum. I don't have a newer guitar so I don't know if there is already something like that?
    Glad to know my post wasn't crazy speculation. I like the idea you proposed, it seems like a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    but I have no idea what Mike Garvey plays, or what Les plays, or what Dane plays, etc. I know Sergio has a white CE, but that's only because we've been closely following his refinishing progress.
    It's funny, my guitars were just talking about that.

"Oh, I remember Shawn," one said. "He was fun while we were at PRS, but ever since I left, no calls, no flowers, no candy."

"Well, that Shawn, he's a player," said the second one. "You ship out, and he's only interested in the dings you get later so he can take you into the PTC."

"I dunno," said my third. "I still have my memories."

So. Shawn. Artist V, SC58, and Sig Ltd. Give them a little hello some time. They're very sweet guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Glad to know my post wasn't crazy speculation. I like the idea you proposed, it seems like a good solution.
    Thanks..I was just trying to be honest with what I felt as a new member. There are some huge benefits to PRS for having a huge forum population, I know my perspective on the brand has changed since becoming a member...He Shawn! Here are a few forum contest ideas for you...

- A PTC guitar makeover
    - All expense paid trip to the PRS Experience
    (hmm, let's see..what else do I want..)
    - Gift Card to the online store
    - Signature Club Membership

Damn, thought I could think of more! lol
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Banned
    Hey! I'm a new guy too you know! I am PRS poor in some regards, I play an SE with frickin' sparkles, I post plenty of threads that nobody gets into, I live well below the poverty line, I don't belong to a clique of PRS playing disco lovers, and I couldn't shoot a non-blurry photo if my life depended on it, but I TRY to be interesting and involved.

Sergio.....there is not a clique of PRS playing disco lovers.

Please....stop it. I can't read something like that so early in the morning. PRS and Disco are mutually exclusive concepts. Don't make me send Cratchet over there now!

It's funny, my guitars were just talking about that.

"Oh, I remember Shawn," one said. "He was fun while we were at PRS, but ever since I left, no calls, no flowers, no candy."

"Well, that Shawn, he's a player," said the second one. "You ship out, and he's only interested in the dings you get later so he can take you into the PTC."

"I dunno," said my third. "I still have my memories."

So. Shawn. Artist V, SC58, and Sig Ltd. Give them a little hello some time. They're very sweet guitars.
    So many guitars, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    ..He Shawn! Here are a few forum contest ideas for you...

- A PTC guitar makeover
    - All expense paid trip to the PRS Experience
    (hmm, let's see..what else do I want..)
    - Gift Card to the online store
    - Signature Club Membership

We did/do have a "win a trip to the Experience" contest every year. That one is company wide, not exclusive to forum members.
    We did try to find "the most damaged PRS in the world" for a while, but most of the guitars offered just had small nicks and dings and we never got anything severely damaged. That's been put on hold for now.
    Gift cards and Sig Club memberships are great ideas!

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I think a lot of the forum social anxiety when you're the new guy is self imposed. I felt it a little when I first joined Birds and Moons but once you just dive in, this is a pretty accepting bunch. And for what it's worth, my first post was about an SE and my next NGD was another SE. I've since moved along to Maryland Made PRSi but all those posts were met with the same enthusiasm as the perfectly spec'd Private Stocks... So, the moral of the story is this, we love em all up in here! So post up those NGDs, I love seeing a new Bernie or Korina One just as much as a Collection McBrazzy...

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post

Please....stop it. I can't read something like that so early in the morning. PRS and Disco are mutually exclusive concepts. Don't make me send Cratchet over there now!
    Ah, Bennett, little do you know!

There is indeed a clique of PRS playing disco lovers. We sit around listening to George Benson records, such as 1976's Breezin'. We have disco balls spinning in our studios. We wear white suits, and play along with Bee Gees records.

We play clean, using interesting chord inversions, instead of power chords through horribly distorted amps. We can improvise to any disco tune.

We wear red socks and bikini underwear. Our shiny patterned nylon shirts are tailored to bodies that are sculpted through constant dance motion. We laugh at typical rock and roll posturing and noise.

We are free men and women, we are not slaves to transitory fashion. And our movement is growing.

Banned

There is indeed a clique of PRS playing disco lovers. We sit around listening to George Benson records, such as 1976's Breezin'. We have disco balls spinning in our studios. We wear white suits, and play along with Bee Gees records. We wear red socks and bikini underwear. Our shiny patterned nylon shirts are tailored to bodies that are sculpted through constant dance motion. We are free men and women, we are not slaves to transitory fashion. And our movement is growing.

Les...please get back on your meds. Hallucinations and delusions are responding quite well to the newer antipsychotics and neuroleptics being marketed. Side effects are not as bad as they used to be.

Now, all I have to do is get those images out of my mind. Aaargh.
    Last edited by docbennett; 02-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.

[QUOTE=docbennett;49569]Sergio.....there is not a clique of PRS playing disco lovers.
    /QUOTE]

Wait a minute, there isn't?

There is indeed a clique of PRS playing disco lovers. We sit around listening to George Benson records, such as 1976's Breezin'. We have disco balls spinning in our studios. We wear white suits, and play along with Bee Gees records.

We play clean, using interesting chord inversions, instead of power chords through horribly distorted amps. We can improvise to any disco tune.

We wear red socks and bikini underwear. Our shiny patterned nylon shirts are tailored to bodies that are sculpted through constant dance motion. We laugh at typical rock and roll posturing and noise.

We are free men and women, we are not slaves to transitory fashion. And our movement is growing.
    Les, I'm at a loss. I feel like I'm in the movie "Dreamscape" because you clearly know details about my dreams that I have not shared with anyone. Is it true that if you Disco in your dreams, you wake up discoed?

Banned
    [QUOTE=sergiodeblanc;49720]
    /QUOTE]

Wait a minute, there isn't?

Les, I'm at a loss. I feel like I'm in the movie "Dreamscape" because you clearly know details about my dreams that I have not shared with anyone. Is it true that if you Disco in your dreams, you wake up discoed?
    You wake up wearing a white suit and humming Bee Gee's tunes.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    601... May have spoke to soon!

However, some cool ideas have been generated so it's all good!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    You wake up wearing a white suit and humming Bee Gee's tunes.
    You make that sound like a bad thing.
    One Life

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Sounds like the aftermath of a good night... Unless the 'White Suit' is a straight jacket!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

601 whoo-hoo!

Better. You wake up in 1978 at Regine's in Monaco. The hostess pisses you off a little because she admits Count something or other ahead of you, but suddenly you are allowed in. This is far from some cheesy Saturday Night Fever dive; this is real-deal European high end stuff. The building is circular, perched on a cliff overlooking the harbor. The view is magnificent from the dance floor itself. This is a place for the glitterati, not thugs in white suits from Brooklyn, or low-lifes from Studio 54 snorting coke in the bathroom.

George Benson himself is playing for the crowd with a live disco band. You look over to the right, and there are the Bee Gees at the next table, taking in the scene with David Bowie. You know better than to run over and ask for autographs.

The most beautiful woman you have ever seen is pulling on your arm to get you to dance with her.

She is a Monegasque, and asks you to come live with her after only one dance. You agree, knowing that the minimum net worth required to be a Monaco resident in 1978 was a cool million bucks. So not only do you now have supreme companionship, but you're getting your own Rolls Corniche as a housewarming gift. Do not blow it by moving in your stuff in a bunch of garbage bags. Bring the Louis Vuitton.

You look in the mirror, and you are 25 years old again.

The yacht "Disco Volante" used in the Bond film Thunderball is moored in the harbor. You've been invited to spend a weekend with your new mate on it. "Life is good," she says in her French accent, tanned and looking like a Chanel model, "Isn't it darling?" You pat her hand as she touches your arm, and say, "You look wonderful tonight." Her face lights up.

Niki Lauda, the Formula 1 champion with the Ferrari team, is racing in the Grand Prix tomorrow for his new team, Brabham. You'll watch the race at the hairpin just in front of Loews Monaco (now the Fairmont).

Last edited by LSchefman; 02-12-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Going to bed now!

Going to bed now!
    Be sure to write!