Thread: Quick SE Singlecut trem question

Quick SE Singlecut trem question

I am looking at getting my second SE singlecut, but this time with the trem. I really like the blue one but I havent found any pictures that show the binding very well. Some of the pictures look like there is no binding at all! I have an SE singlecut in vintage burst and really like the natural binding on it. Does anyone know what the Singlecut trem binding is like, and if you have a picture, even more awesome! I've spent the last hour looking for pics and so far all I have found was a pick of the red one that looks like it has some red binding.

I am also considering the Tremonti SE custom instead of the Singlecut trem, I know they are thicker, I am wondering how much weight and feel difference are we talking? I also know they have a slightly thinner neck.

I believe the Singlecut Trem SE has a "scraped" binding, as does the Tremonti SE Custom.
    It's not as pronounced as the white plastic binding on Les Pauls but it's there and, IMO, it looks classy.
    I also LOVE the neck carve on the Tremonti SE Custom, but you should probably play them both and decide for yourself.

Here's a picture of my new Tremonti SE Custom.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbonanno View Post
    "Scraped binding....
    It's not as pronounced as the white plastic binding on Les Pauls but it's there and, IMO, it looks classy.
    +1
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I don't think the Royal Blue ones have the scraped binding.

WoW ... thanks for posting those pics.
    I never would have guessed they did not have binding.

I wonder why?

on the tremonti custom se..and most single cuts.they have what is called flux binding,it is the edge of the mapletop and not binding at all....

Quote Originally Posted by howard52 View Post
    on the tremonti custom se..and most single cuts.they have what is called flux binding,it is the edge of the mapletop and not binding at all....
    Already stated.