Thread: Mira Korina Finish Chipping

Hybrid View

Mira Korina Finish Chipping

On the top side of my Mira, right around where the arm reaches around to strum, I have noticed that the finish has started to crack and chip away. I wasn't bothered with this immediately until over time I noticed that the finish holes have gotten bigger.
    Also on the back of the guitar there seems to be a bubble in the finish and several dents. The overall finish seems to be very soft.

How can I stop the finish from further eroding and/or fix the finish to bring it back to new?

A trip to the PTC would resolve the problem but i'd still wonder what caused it, as it might recur. Do you wear studded sleeves?
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / DC22 / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    A trip to the PTC would resolve the problem but i'd still wonder what caused it, as it might recur. Do you wear studded sleeves?
    Nope, no studded sleeves, I think the finish is just really soft, there are some small blemishes on the back. It looks like the finish was pushed in and it started to bubble up. I am normally not picky when it comes to finish blemishes, but I fear that this may lead to more significant finish issues.

When a guitar gets dinged or even bumped a bit, the finish can separate and flake. It's worth sending it in to have it repaired. PTC repairs are invisible. You will be amazed.

Also they do a fantastic job with setups, if you really want the guitar to play like it was set up for a rock star, this is the way to go! Better than new.