Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your SECOND favorite instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I play bass like a bass player; not a guitar player on bass. That's an important distinction.
    Amen.

I had to think about it for a minute, but it's really the clavinet. One of my earliest inspirations in music is when I went to the symphony as a kid. they were trying to be hip and played "A Fifth of Beethoven", it was the late seventies/early eighties so the pianist was rockin' a real D6, and I remember being transfixed with the sound. It was like somebody crossed an electric guitar, harpsichord, and a clucking chicken into an instrument: pure boogie.

I bought a pristine example from one of those little mid-western music stores that had it NOS from "79. A buddy and I kept passing the store on the way to a skatepark and half jokingly believed there must be some treasure in that old store, and must had driven past it a thousand times until one day......... the park was closed.

We walked in and I literally almost died. Brand new,never been touched, still had the tag, legs, tools, cable, and cover Hohner D6 Clavinet. $600 and a J Bass later I walked out with the funkiest instrument ever. Sold to a fine gentleman in Australia around 2007 for a fistful of cash.

The one in Logic Pro is pretty dope I must say.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    I play guitar, keyboard and flute regularly (and sing) and my preference is pretty much in that order (I'd just put singing on second place). Couple years ago, when I tried to become self-sufficient composer/producer, I practised bass a lot in order to prepare myself for playing the cello (I wanted some strings in my songs). I also toyed with clarinet and sax a bit, but never really got into it.

It was insane. Three instruments are more than enough for me to (at least) maintain the playing skill, or slowly improve it...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.