Thread: 1/4 scale working blown V8

1/4 scale working blown V8

Wow. Just wow.

Skip to 13:55 for it running

Heavy metal weed whacker!
    Plank Owner

I used to be into RC bigtime in the 90s. I actually saw one of these run in person at the Internation Model hobby show in Chicago. way cool. Here is a video of a guy who built a 1/4 scale Grave Digger RC truck. He is having clutch issues as the gearing is just not deep enough. But you get to hear what this motor sounds like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-X0hBjAB4
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    I used to be into RC bigtime in the 90s. I actually saw one of these run in person at the Internation Model hobby show in Chicago. way cool. Here is a video of a guy who built a 1/4 scale Grave Digger RC truck. He is having clutch issues as the gearing is just not deep enough. But you get to hear what this motor sounds like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-X0hBjAB4
    Wow that is crazy! I can't wait for him to get it sorted, it's not very impressive as is (apart from THAT sound!). I'd expect it to spin up and do all sorts of crazy wheelies with sorted gearing (unless the engine is "heavy" power to weight wise?)

That is insane!! As an old gear head and having spent a couple of hours with blown small and big blocks , that video got the heart rate up again. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.