Thread: PRS Finish and Lysol

PRS Finish and Lysol

I am just beating a nasty case of the flu, and during the time I was sick, I spent a lot of time playing/practicing.

Is it safe to wipe a PRS finish down with Lysol to disinfect it? Mine has the V12 finish.

Thanks
    Chris
    BDR-529

It if was my guitar, I wouldn't worry. I'd be more concerned about doing some damage to the finish/plastic/plating than infecting someone else (other people rarely play my guitars, except when they're new and I do "here, try this!").

I say "someone else" because once you've had and recovered from a particular strain of influenza, you're generally immune to it.

No experience............ But I would'nt do it!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    No experience............ But I would'nt do it!
    Come on Markie, you've got enough guitars, can't you just test it and sacrifice one for "the greater good"

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Come on Markie, you've got enough guitars, can't you just test it and sacrifice one for "the greater good"

Not No................................................ ............ But "F*** NO!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

What's wrong with Pledge? If you cant drink it, it is most likely going to kill other organic beings.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / DC22 / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    What's wrong with Pledge? If you cant drink it, it is most likely going to kill other organic beings.
    Good point.
    BDR-529

Who are you disinfecting it from? You can't get your own virus again...

I've used Lysol on my ipad and tv remote with no issue. But I would personally use Clorox Anywhere instead. Doesn't kill viruses like Lysol, but so mild you could eat it.
    Last edited by Poffypoffa; 02-11-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poffypoffa View Post
    Who are you disinfecting it from? You can't get your own virus again...

I've used Lysol on my ipad and tv remote with no issue. But I would personally use Clorox Anywhere instead. Doesn't kill viruses like Lysol, but so mild you could eat it.
    That is not entirely true. I have a bladder condition that affects my immune system. I am susceptible to rebound infections if I am not cautious. It's just taken me 4 weeks to start getting better from this flu.
    Last edited by cjmwrx; 02-11-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    BDR-529

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwrx View Post
    That is not entirely true. I have a bladder condition that affects my immune system. I am susceptible to rebound infections if I am not cautious. It's just taken me 4 weeks to start getting better from this flu.
    I actually wondered that as I wrote my post, hence the word "generally". My other suggestion was to put it outside in the sunlight, but I'm guessing sunlight is pretty uncommon in the US at this time of year!

DGT Club Vice President
    Wait! Just hold on one minute...I can't drink Pledge? Crap.

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    Wait! Just hold on one minute...I can't drink Pledge? Crap.
    I wonder if that means I should stop using it as a nasal spray and a butter substitute?

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I wonder if that means I should stop using it as a nasal spray and a butter substitute?
    I've been putting the lemon variety on my seafood, broccoli and a little spritz in my tea here and there... Is this not ok???

Fair enough!