Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your Top 3 rankings of SE Guitars you would purchase...

I might change my vote from the Custom 24, to the SE Santana in Emerald Green. Sharp looking color there:

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
    I might change my vote from the Custom 24, to the SE Santana in Emerald Green. Sharp looking color there:

Damn I'm digging that green, but I already have one in orange.

1) Marsden
    2) Akerfeldt
    3) 7-String Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    Damn I'm digging that green, but I already have one in orange.
    The orange is nice too. I've never owned a green guitar before, never really thought of wanting one, but this grabs me for some reason.

I dig that color too... but not as much as the eriza verde, would've liked to see that one on a SECU24 or a Tremonti Custom. But who knows, one of those green Santana's might just strike me the right way!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I don't yet own a SE but would love either of the following:

1. Bernie Marsden Ltd Edition (there are still a few to be had in the UK).

2. SE Custom 24

3. SE One

Already own an SE Santana, so here is my top 3:

1. SE Custom 24
    1a. SE 245 Soapbar
    2. SE Semi Hollow
    3. Paul Allender

I know, I cheater a little, but what the heck.....

Cheers!

D.

i've got a SE Custom 24 in my arms, so i'd cross it off the list.

1. SE Singlecut in Black/Antique White
    2. SE Mark Tremonti in Black
    3. SE Santana in Black/Emerald

notice all the black colour preference :X i'm no (fulltime) metalhead but black definitely looks classy!

2013 SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue (got)

I do really like the semi's with the Bigsbys

and I quite fancy a 245
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

1. Angelus
    2. 7-String in burst
    3. Torero
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Personally, I'd have a very hard time buying an SE at this point in my life. I want to make this abundantly clear. IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF SNOBBERY, OR BECAUSE I FEEL THE SE LINE AREN'T GOOD GUITARS. As a matter of fact, I've played a few SEs and the quality is fantastic. I tried a Korina Singlecut that was unreal...really lightweight, great frets and neck, and it SANG! I was shocked at the quality of guitar for less than $600.

My hangup against the SEs is because the US economy is in very poor shape. We've lost an incredible amount of our manufacturing industry. With so many of my fellow Americans out of work, I can't in good conscience buy a new imported guitar while American-made options are available. I remember when I was a kid, whenever there was a recession, you saw "Buy American" billboards, stickers, and ads everywhere. With the development of the "world economy", that's becoming less and less of an option. To my way of thinking, it's like an autoworker driving a Honda to his job at the Ford plant, then wondering why he lost his job.

Perhaps, I'm just being naive. But I buy American products whenever I can.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    ... is because the US economy is in very poor shape. We've lost an incredible amount of our manufacturing industry. With so many of my fellow Americans out of work, I can't in good conscience buy a new imported guitar while American-made options are available. I remember when I was a kid, whenever there was a recession, you saw "Buy American" billboards, stickers, and ads everywhere. With the development of the "world economy", that's becoming less and less of an option. To my way of thinking, it's like an autoworker driving a Honda to his job at the Ford plant, then wondering why he lost his job.
    It is a nice thought, but that Ford you are buying may not have been built in America. "In North America, Ranger and F-series trucks are built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada; Dearborn, Michigan; Claycomo, Kansas; Louisville, Kentucky; St. Paul., Minnesota; and Edison, New Jersey. Trucks also are built in Mexico, Malaysia, Vietnam, Argentina and England.": Where Are Ford Vehicles Made? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5040488_fo...#ixzz2Pc4i7Jx2

To complicate matters, Toyota makes cars for the American market in the United States, usually in one of five plants located in Kentucky, Alabama, Indiana, Texas and West Virginia.

Like you, I like to buy American, but it is more "Assembled in America than Made in America." And just like Toyota gets the profit in Japan for that car assembled here, PRS America gets the profit from that SE you are not buying. Don't get me wrong, I love that PRSi are made in America. I don't want that to change, but it's a very complex buisness environment out there today.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yes, I'm well aware of that. But my point was buying a USA guitar vs. an import. The example you're making is akin to the Fender Strats from awhile back with parts made in Mexico, but assembled in the US. I'd go for the American Standard everytime.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Totally understand your thinking Brad.

When I bought my Laney Lionheart it had the Union Jack over all the paperwork etc, and a stamped badge saying Made In Britain. Our manufacturing base has been decimated so it fill me with pride to own something built in my own country by British workers. I can totally understand you feeling the same way about USA built guitars.

Having said that. The economic climate is in very bad shape worldwide and although the talking heads say things are recovering they've been proved wrong time after time. Having a lower cost line built overseas is actually very important in these times. Although the SE's are made in South Korea it employs Americans to design the guitars. It's American workers who work at PRS setting up the guitars, American workers who make their living in guitar shops selling these items. So much of the money is coming back to the US.

The cheaper guitars will provide a very necessary line of income for the major US manufacturers. It's the same for Gibson with Epiphone, Fender with their Squier and Mexican guitars and for PRS with the SE line.

These companies cannot make these guitars in the US without either dropping the QC massively or upping the prices. People have a lot less disposable income these days so it's important to have a low cost line and the only way to keep it low cost whist still delivering a certain level of quality is to move production overseas.

The shops are going to sell more guitars because more people can afford the cheaper guitars. With luck they may stay with the brand and when they come into the money they may upgrade to the premium American guitars.

It's a finely balanced thing. Certainly it's a shame to see jobs go elsewhere but perhaps the affordable line that sells in big numbers is actually keeping people in work.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Back to the guitars...
    Tremonti Custom
    SE 245
    SE CU 24

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    SE Clint Lowery

SE Bernie Marsden

SE One (I'm picking up one tomorrow so I will have to think of a number 3)
    Since I have purchased one of my top three I made a new list, two are the same.

SE Clint Lowery

SE Bernie Marsden

SE Tremonti
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

1. SE Bernie Marsden Limited (the one with coil tapping)

2. SE CU 24 2012 model - any colour will do

3. SE One - love the look of those beauties

1. SE 245 (I already have one .It's my go to guitar )
    2. SE 245 Soapbar Waiting Patiently !!!!!! It's on order !
    3. SE Bass ( I hear there will be one next year ?)

1. Se Korina One
    2. Se Mustok Baritone
    3. Se Custom 24 7 String
    PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Mike Mustok Baritone Brown Burst to come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckblues View Post
    1. SE 245 (I already have one .It's my go to guitar )
    2. SE 245 Soapbar Waiting Patiently !!!!!! It's on order !
    3. SE Bass ( I hear there will be one next year ?)
    If there will be a bass I will adding that to my top 3 for sure!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO