Thread: P22 color question

P22 color question

So I'm being offered a P22 that is supposedly brand new. My issue with it is the color. It is Eriza Verde, quilt, non 10. What I know of the new colors Eriza Verde comes with a natural back and headstock. This one has black back and headstock and is not a special order. Can this be?

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullin View Post
    So I'm being offered a P22 that is supposedly brand new. My issue with it is the color. It is Eriza Verde, quilt, non 10. What I know of the new colors Eriza Verde comes with a natural back and headstock. This one has black back and headstock and is not a special order. Can this be?
    EV Quilt!!! Can we see it?

And to answer your question... it sounds like a "Sprayer's Choice" guitar. A cool one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    One Life

Welcome Tullin, As far as I've seen all P22's in Erize Verde are natural back and sides. It's one of the reason i got mine. As Hans says it could be a sprayers choice guitar, either way the P22 is one heck of a guitar!

PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Mike Mustok Baritone Brown Burst to come later.

Thanx for the Welcome and the fast answers. Here's a pic:[IMG] [/IMG]

Nice grab!! I really dig the quilt in this color. Usually I only see this color in flame tops. Congrats and Welcome to the forum.

Love it!
    tfancil

After I ordered my P24 from Willcutt's in Eriza Verde Burst I wondered about this. When I looked online I saw some with Black backs and headstocks and some with natural back and headstock. I didnt know if I was going to get black back or natural. Luckily, mine came in natrual which is what I wanted but for a while though I was on the fence thinking I like the black to. That is a nice P22 and you are going to love it.

I like the black; it's different. But then I have a charcoal burst with a black back, and like that so...

We're all different. I'm probably less picky about the color of back of a guitar than most of the members here.

Did you buy it already? I'd be careful if you didn't see it in person. Pictures are deceiving. The quilt "texture" in the pictures may not be representative of what it really looks like. Just my humble opinion. Good luck!
    PRS-Mira (2008)
    PRS-Custom 24 25th anniversary
    PRS-P22 Orange Fade (2012)
    www.youtube.com/freddypipes