Thread: Jimmy Herring, etc.

Jimmy Herring, etc.

There will probably be another post by somebody official at PRS (since I got this in a Signature Club e-mail)

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/...nd_the_ringers

Regardless - this is not to be missed...

'Nuff said,

Shultzie

(You Mods can move this if you see fit...)

Some call me.... Tim
    I can't wait to catch the DC show. Huge Jimmy H. fan. Check out this recent photo of him sporting a PRS NF3 on the Widepsread Panic tour. And if you have not grabbed Jimmy's new CD "Subject to Change Without Notice", do yourself a favor and grab it. A guitar tour de force.

Some call me.... Tim
    Saw The Ringers with Jimmy play at the Howard Theatre in DC back on Saturday night. What a killer show!!! So much talent on that stage.

However, both Wayne Krantz and Michael Landeau were playing with strat guitars (although differently configured), while Jimmy played all night with a PRS NF3. Jimmy's tone clearly dominated in my opinion. It was like a strat on steroids, with just enough of that creamy humbucker tone to make it sound just sweet. I was so impressed, I searched out and grabbed a new NF3 yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try when it arrives later this week. Before hearing Jimmy Herring's tone this past weekend, I really had not paid attention to the NF pickups. I have certainly taken notice of them now!

I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TJIann View Post
    Saw The Ringers with Jimmy play at the Howard Theatre in DC back on Saturday night. What a killer show!!! So much talent on that stage.

However, both Wayne Krantz and Michael Landeau were playing with strat guitars (although differently configured), while Jimmy played all night with a PRS NF3. Jimmy's tone clearly dominated in my opinion. It was like a strat on steroids, with just enough of that creamy humbucker tone to make it sound just sweet. I was so impressed, I searched out and grabbed a new NF3 yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try when it arrives later this week. Before hearing Jimmy Herring's tone this past weekend, I really had not paid attention to the NF pickups. I have certainly taken notice of them now!

Yup - Jimmy rocked that NF3 all night long -

I wonder if it's all stock, he's known to have his fret-boards nearly flat. Then put some big honkin' frets on 'em. Kinda like a poor man's scalloped neck. Not that Jimmy's poor. I just know that's how he tends to mod a lot of axes. Great show!... Need him at the experience!

(Can't think about a NF3 now, myself - just picked up my NGD antique white 305 at the UPS counter)

BTW - John Scofield and Mike Stern at the Howard Apr 4th - great renovations to the Howard, see a show there if you can.

Shultzie

I've been looking - anyone able to finde any youtube vid clips?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ