Thread: A few PRS Private stock Artist 3 semi hollow, production, and Cu22 semi hollow clips

A few PRS Private stock Artist 3 semi hollow, production, and Cu22 semi hollow clips

As many here know from B&M I am sure, for me, PRS made the ultimate electric guitar when he came up with the semi hollow with trem guitars. These things give me tones that I have beem unable to achieve with any other guitar. When coupled with my old Dumble or the clone of it I had Quinn amps build for me, I am in tonal Nirvana. Here are a few clips showing what I think are very unique tones, and for my taste, give me the best tones I have ever had. The Arttist 3 semi hollow trems can do rock and even metal all day long, but in the neck pup, can give me jazz archtop type tones so authentic, I fool myself sometimes if I do not label the tracks. That's really amazing. I could never even do that with my old 335s or 339s. These tones are more on the rock/blues side of things. Hope you dig them half as much as I do, and consider checking one of these bad boys out if you get a chance! The older production Artist 3s sound just as good with the semi hollow/trem option.

Here is the production CU22 semi hollow, which may be my favorite of all.

My first private stock Artist 3 chambered BRAZ neck clean into Quinn amp. Nice deep archtop like tone from basically a CU22 body!

Here is a sloppy, out of tune first take of jamming on the ClassicsV "Spooky" backing track. (PS Artist 3 semi hollowtrem)

Here is the same guitar into an ethos overdrive pedal into a Bruno Cowtipper amp. The guitar is on the lead pup (Dragon 2) with the coils split. I dont like overdrive boxes, but the ethos is excellent!

ORIGINAL PRS ARTIST 3 INTO Fuchs SLX

Last edited by Tag; 02-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Nice to see you here, Tag.

Sorry to see one of your beauties on eBay.

Got something special planned or just thinning the herd?
    One Life

Thanks! I appreciate it! Good to see you as well.

I hate to sell it, but I really prefer a mahogany neck, and I cant afford both in this economy. (I still have my first PS with Rosewood besides) I am going to order another pretty much exactly the same but minus the rosewood neck.

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Nice playing Tag! You don't suck.

Howdy Tag! Nice work!

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Man... That's some nice guitars and equally as nice playing!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Nice post and playing. Thanks for sharing it!

Sounded great Tag!! Thanks for posting the videos, I have often wondered what the semi-hollow bodies sounded like.

Great post! And great playing....

Hey thanks for the nice words and for taking the time to listen. Its really appreciated. As you can tell, I love PRS guitars! If these get one guy to check out a semi hollow with trem, that would be a great thing! 2-3 notes and a chord is all it takes to hear and feel the added resonance.

VERY GOOD!
    Last edited by Tag; 02-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.