Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your Pedal GAS?

What's your Pedal GAS?

Enablers UNITE!

OK, we all have it...GAS. So what's killing you right now? What pedal is digging away at your brain, slowly eroding your rational wallet control and common sense? Post 'em up and share the pain!

First up, the Mojo Hand Rook. Yes, another dirt pedal, but the interesting thing about this demo video is that the guy is playing P-90s thru a Hi Watt combo and the results sound eerily close to my SE One thru the Super Dallas and the Kalamazoo. :blink: Scary close.

Right now it is the Majik Box Rocket Fuel Doug Aldrich pedal and some kind of EQ pedal.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Happy to say, I'm all set right now
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Quote Originally Posted by Albrecht Smuten View Post
    Happy to say, I'm all set right now
    BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Yeah, right...

Radial Hot British.
    How 'bout them Cowboys

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Nothing specific.

I need some new pedals as a couple are on their last legs but there's nothing that leaps out at me right now.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Nice tone on that video.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I am on a TC Electronic kick, so at this moment I have severje GAS pains for a Mojo Mojo Overdrive...

They hooked me hardcore when I picked up a Flashback X4. The honeymoon phase is over and I'm still convinced its the best Delay box I have ever played.

I think the Mojo Mojo will pair well with my Sweet 16 and take it right to the brink before crunch becomes distortion...

I have been hunting for the right modulation pedal forever it seems.

After a rotovibe which was too bulky and ate through the batteries, I had a Lovepedal vibe, which was cool, but way too extreme, and with only one knob there was no way to dial it back.

I briefly had a Line 6 M9 and it had this ring modulation setting that sounded soooooo cooool. However, the pedal itself didn't work for me with my size 14s, the buttons were too close together. I sing and play at the same time and need to be able to ballpark it.

So, then I bought a boss PH-3 phase shifter. Sounded great straight into the amp, but lousy in the FX loop which is where I would want to put it.

Still looking.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Adrenalinn III by Roger Linn Designs: Amazing pedal with beat-synced filter and sequencer effects. Used by John Mayer on Bigger Than My Body and Heartbreak Warfare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3hlgUIVxdY

Goatkeeper by Lightfoot Labs: Pattern trem effects with 4 beat sequencer and LFO output. Pure sickness.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6GVqrCdECA
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I have been hunting for the right modulation pedal forever it seems.

After a rotovibe which was too bulky and ate through the batteries, I had a Lovepedal vibe, which was cool, but way too extreme, and with only one knob there was no way to dial it back.

I briefly had a Line 6 M9 and it had this ring modulation setting that sounded soooooo cooool. However, the pedal itself didn't work for me with my size 14s, the buttons were too close together. I sing and play at the same time and need to be able to ballpark it.

So, then I bought a boss PH-3 phase shifter. Sounded great straight into the amp, but lousy in the FX loop which is where I would want to put it.

Still looking.
    Have you tried the Strymon Mobius? I've had it for about a month and it is pretty incredible. Amazing chorus, rotary, and destroyer patches.
    Here's a decent demo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FLwzZVJj0
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

I'm pretty set but I'd like to have a Rotary Simulator of some sort - Strymond LEX is interesting but very pricey.

Of late, one of my "go to" Pedals - Keeley Mod Boss Blues Driver has gotten noisy, so I may replace it. I'm pretty interested in the Catalinbread "Dirty Little Secret III". Here's a good demo:

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    I dig Andy's vids.
    As of late, all of his vids have been guitar lessons and demoing the pedals they sell at Pro Guitar Shop.
    And I'm LOVING those lessons. I always seem to pick up a detail or two from him - even if I knew the song. I've been playing "Rock and Roll" for a while. Learned it from the album - I'll be learning that "Live" Lick tonight!

Pretty interesting that they use a Fender DRRI as the baseline amp for all the demos! They shot one video of Andy standing by a Marshall rig while demoing the "DLS III" and there were a bunch of comments "big deal, pedal played thru a Marshall sounds like a Marshall" - then they pointed out that was just the VISUAL - the recorded track was DRRI!

I kinda want one of those huge Boss tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Have you tried the Strymon Mobius? I've had it for about a month and it is pretty incredible. Amazing chorus, rotary, and destroyer patches.
    Here's a decent demo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FLwzZVJj0
    Cool!
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'm thinking about a Strymon Flint ... reverb and tremolo

http://www.strymon.net/products/flint/
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

DGT Club Vice President
    The Dirty Little Secret, the Echorec, and a Timmy is what I'm gassing for.

mgd

DGTs

Junior Member Texas_minor_blues's Avatar
    I have been Gassing for an old B.K. Butler Tube Driver but I have no desire to pay what they are going for
    2008 DGT Cherry Sunburst
    Whale Blue 2008 McCarty w./ IRW neck
    Black Slate 513 w./ IRW neck
    PRS 2 Channel H + Bogner 20th Shiva
    Incoming: EBMM BFR Petrucci (IRW)

I'm good (for the moment). I just got a G-System which has my fx and switching needs sorted.

It does have 3 fx loops in it though, and they encourage to try different pedals in there. Maybe later I'll try some boutiquey "enhancer" type pedals...