Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phase III Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    That's a shame, since it's MY F@&$ing Guitar and not his!! LOL

I for one would love to see some different options for switch tips, rings, etc.

Yeah, but it's HIS F@&$ing Company. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I am putting that on the back of the Foosball shirts.

Plank Owner

Oh, I get it! I love the company and the way Paul does things usually, but to not offer something as simple as a different color tip switch just because HE doesn't like it...well, didn't WE pay a few thousand for a guitar and if we want a cream tip instead of black, shouldn't that be ok with him?!?

Actually I wish there was a market for aftermarket stuff like that, Mira pickguards, etc. - other than the wood tips at Crazy Parts, I don't know of any other way to get a different tip color. PRS would probably charge $20 for one - think he could make some $$ off of us that way! LOL. I wish there were more colors for the knobs too...best knobs available IMO.

(No offense meant to Paul or Shawn or anybody else at PRS)
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

It's all good, I understand completely. With Paul it's not always about making money, he has a specific vision and he wants to keep it on track. I'm not saying selling creme plastic is right or wrong, but it isn't part of the vision he has for PRS guitars. If there is enough demand for aftermarket parts, someone will pick up the mantle and run with it.

Oh you guys are cracking me up!
    Not like the other kids...

PRS, the Henry Ford of guitars. "Any customer can have a switch tip any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

Oh, I get it! I love the company and the way Paul does things usually, but to not offer something as simple as a different color tip switch just because HE doesn't like it...well, didn't WE pay a few thousand for a guitar and if we want a cream tip instead of black, shouldn't that be ok with him?!?
    And if the guy who designed and built the guitars doesn't want to be the one to sell them in a world full of aftermarket suppliers that stock them, because he thinks they're ugly on his products, shouldn't that be OK with you? You don't have to agree with his taste. It's not like you can't find them elsewhere. He's not telling you what to do after you buy the guitar.

It bugs me that some folks think buying a product somehow entitles them to make demands, and tell other people how to run their businesses. Really? Where's personal responsibility in all this? You want something customized? How about going out and sourcing something yourself instead of putting it on the other guy?

You didn't buy shares in the company, you bought a guitar. Buying a guitar entitles you to exactly zero right to tell PRS what to do.

What's even sillier about making a fuss over this is that these are things you can buy elsewhere if it really, really bugs you to not have a white one.

Paul Smith isn't telling you that you can't put what you want on your guitar. He's just saying he's not interested in selling them. That's his right. So go put something on the guitar that the guy who designed it doesn't like. That's your right. They are freely available for negligible money.

Just get an aftermarket one. These aren't miracle devices, handmade only for PRSes. They are generally available. They are molded plastic blobs. You can get them elsewhere. What do they cost, a couple of bucks?

You really feel you need one from the PRS shop in order to make yourself feel good? That's silly.

Crazy parts offers not one, but two styles of cream colored plastic Ivoroid 5 way switch tips specifically for PRS in addition to the wooden ones. Allparts has white plastic ones and cream plastic ones that also look like they will fit perfectly. Other people have them, too.

This isn't brain surgery, it isn't unobtainium; if it's what you want, just go and friggin' buy some!

This whole business of "Well I paid X for this product, so they have to listen to me," is absurd. They've sold what, a couple of hundred thousand guitars? Do they have a couple of hundred thousand bosses now, all of whom have differing opinions on a variety of subjects, that they are obligated to listen to?
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-20-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Jeez, settle down! I'm not demanding anything. Just said it'd be nice to have the choice. I actually don't necessarily want a different tip for any of the PRSi I currently have, but I might later down the road. I was just commenting on Shawn's reply to someone who asked about them earlier in the thread! Just thought it was funny the way Shawn commented "probably not because Paul doesn't like them".

I've never actually seen tips like the PRS ones other than the Crazy Parts one and I wouldn't really want to order from Germany. I don't really care, but maybe some people would prefer actual PRS parts instead of aftermarket.

Didnt mean to upset you, LSchefman!
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

Jeez, settle down! I'm not demanding anything. Just said it'd be nice to have the choice. I actually don't necessarily want a different tip for any of the PRSi I currently have, but I might later down the road. I was just commenting on Shawn's reply to someone who asked about them earlier in the thread! Just thought it was funny the way Shawn commented "probably not because Paul doesn't like them".

I've never actually seen tips like the PRS ones other than the Crazy Parts one and I wouldn't really want to order from Germany. I don't really care, but maybe some people would prefer actual PRS parts instead of aftermarket.

Didnt mean to upset you, LSchefman!
    Sorry, my rant wasn't personal. While the idea that a lot of folks have, that's expressed in your post kinda bugs me, I really was ranting about the idea, not you. I'm sure if we sat down for a beer, or had a jam, we'd have fun.

It's just about that one idea. Nothing more. And reasonable people are free to disagree in any case, and still remain on good terms.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

so these tuners will work on SE's as well as Maryland Guitars? just curious, as I might get a set down the road.
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.