Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which strap do you prefer?

Just what I needed...strap gas lol....

I use planet waves and use my daughters Levi's leather bullet strap but after looking at the prs ones, well I now have gas lol

How can Canadians get the prs straps? Prs don't ship to Canada ,just the clothing line does...

Plain black canvas. Nothing more. Usually use the black Rock Steady.

Quote Originally Posted by sleary View Post
    Just what I needed...strap gas lol....

I use planet waves and use my daughters Levi's leather bullet strap but after looking at the prs ones, well I now have gas lol

How can Canadians get the prs straps? Prs don't ship to Canada ,just the clothing line does...
    I'm guessing Brent at TGS could get them if he doesn't already stock some accessory stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    Got my extender in, now I can get exactly 60 inches length, perfect for my Tremonti. Ordered a second one, only 8 bucks and change off fleabay. Using the gorgeous black birds straps that came in my thank you packs.
    Being 6'6" I'm used things being too short for me, it's a short person's world. This includes most if not all of the PRS straps. However, a strap extender is a great idea and I would love to know what you got and see some pics.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

My Levy's leather one came yesterday.
    Nice strap, but the leather is so thick I could hardly get the Schaller Strap Locks in, and I could not use the washers.

I also bought two more from Amazon, one by Levy's, and one from Planet Waves, they will arrive tomorrow, and I have more Schaller Strap Locks on order too.
    These straps are easier to use, as they have the buckle you slide the strap through.
    The other leather ones I have are a PITA if you want to adjust them, as you have to take the Strap Lock off to do so.

Planet Waves Alchemy Guitar Strap, Muted Skulls

Levy's Leathers 2" Cotton Guitar Strap, Black

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    This is what I have been running on my black CU22 since the day I bought the guitar in 2006. It has continued to work great. Interesting, the specs say adjustable to 54". I measured mine and it is adjusted to exactly 54" but still has room to go a little longer if needed, at least an inch or two.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I just measured our seatbelt strap and it's 57" button hole to button hole

http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...seatbelt-strap

WE NEED A PAISLEY STRAP!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

All of mine ( 5 ) are suede. Comfortable, affordable, looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I just measured our seatbelt strap and it's 57" button hole to button hole

http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...seatbelt-strap
    Great! I just added this to my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    This is what I have been running on my black CU22 since the day I bought the guitar in 2006. It has continued to work great. Interesting, the specs say adjustable to 54". I measured mine and it is adjusted to exactly 54" but still has room to go a little longer if needed, at least an inch or two.
    John, good to know it is nice.
    I am getting away from a few nylon/poly ones I have, as they are not good on a Nitro finish like I have on my SG, plus they are slippery, and SGs are infamous for neck dive from the HUGE headstock and lightweight body.

That is why I bought the leather ones I have that are white on the inside part, they grip shirts very well and hold the guitar from neck diving.

What about these cotton straps?
    Do they grip the shirt good too?

I think they're a nice combo of grip and slip. They won't grip your shirt so much that your shirt gets stretched into a awkward position while you're playing, but they grip enough to keep the guitar from neck diving. But then, my guitars haven't been neck heavy so much. If anything my CU22 is heavy in the ass-end.

Snagged a pic yesternight of all of my straps.
    All but the second one from the left have the Schaller Strap Locks on them.
    I have a set for them, have not got around to adding them to it yet.

Combination of PRS (two of them), Levys, and Planet Waves straps.
    The Levy to the far left I got earlier in the week, but I am almost wishing I had not got it.
    Trying to get away now from the straps you have to adjust by putting the one end through a slit in the strap.
    Every time you want to adjust the strap, you have to get out your wrench and take off the Strap Lock.

Think I am going to mainly use the straps with the sliding buckle on them like the PRS ones and a few of the Planet Waves ones have on them.
    Much easier to adjust the strap.

The two to the left of the PRS ones I also got this week, they are the scull ones from Planet Waves, and the black cotton one from Levy's.

Yeah, I have to many, may end up seeing if my younger son wants a few, as I think he only has one right now.