View Poll Results: What best describes why you live where you do?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • My job keeps me here

9 27.27%
  • My family is here

13 39.39%
  • School is here

0 0%
  • I love the weather

0 0%
  • I never bothered to leave

3 9.09%
  • Something else

8 24.24%

Thread: Why do we live where we do?

Why do we live where we do?

Which answer most closely explains why you live where you do?
    (DC22 / DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Job & Family are all here. Lived with'in a 5 mile radius for over 50 years. Many friendships go back 40 years or more. My Grandkids are 4th generation of the same school my Dad went to. I like it here. It is a relatively quiet midwestern town & it is a safe place to live.
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

My Family is here in NY...as is my wife's...and both have been for generations. Yes my business is here but in reality I could move it anywhere...it's our family that keeps us rooted to the area...I live amongst horse farms in Westchester NY....not a bad place to live....we get to see all of the seasons which is nice...its a picturesque town.....I am getting sick of the cold every winter though....wouldn't mind moving to the beach permanently...at least thats how I feel now with all of the cold weather....as it warms up I'll get over it!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 02-24-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    -Bob

Fams.

The Rocky Mountains.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    The Rocky Mountains.
    +1

I moved here six months after college and...17 years later and I still love it here. We travel a lot (well, not much for the last two years, wince our daughter was born) and have spent a ton of time in some really amazing places. We always come back happy to be here, though.

Of course, right now the snow is starting to piss me off--a few days until beach time, though!

Its quiet and I like the view.

My wife and I chose Atlanta, and specifically Decatur, even though everyone we knew was elsewhere. Weather, geography, music scene, community, etc. It's a great place to be.
    --Garrett--

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    I live in the best city possible without moving to a completely different country.

As for the place in particular - I totally love it for the location and the view. It's over the corner to the historic part of town, I can see a church tower and a small square with trees from my windows (I've got french windows in both my rooms) and it's just above a café, so during the spring / summer I feel much like a typical Prague's artist (only more metal)
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

I live in the NYC area (Huntington--about 40 miles away from midtown). Although family is the prime, I work for the NYPD....they have no other offices outside of NYC (well they do actually, but I won't get into that). Also, 5 1/2 years left to a decent pension/retirement....at least I hope so.

I've also heard it said by many that NYC is the greatest city in the world. For the record, we now have the lowest crime rate per capita of any large city in the US!
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

I moved here to be with my GF, now wife.

I live in Maryland because Paul won't relocate the factory to Bora Bora

DGT Club Vice President
    I'm glad you're not in Bora Bora.

mgd

DGTs

I wouldn't mind hitting Bora Bora for the Experience

I'm here mostly do to family and my job(I don't love my job but the likeliness of finding something else to keep my pay the same is slim, not that I make that much). I like fall, spring and summer weather here - could do without the winter. If I could find 45-80 degrees all year around...

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Job & Family are all here. Lived with'in a 5 mile radius for over 50 years. Many friendships go back 40 years or more. My Grandkids are 4th generation of the same school my Dad went to. I like it here. It is a relatively quiet midwestern town & it is a safe place to live.
    My reasons are very similar to Mark's...minus 10 years and 1 generation.

Table Mountian here in Cape Town, I've lived in a few different places, but that flat piece of rock keeps pulling me back.
    PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Mike Mustok Baritone Brown Burst to come later.

I'm here untill retirement and the to a warmer climate.
    How 'bout them Cowboys

I grew up in Virginia, a Navy brat who somehow lived in the same house from the age of 3 to 17 when I graduated high school. My brother went off to college in '93 an wanted to go somewhere far away. Arizona State accepted him, and so off he went.

Fast forward to 1998. I had gone to college for a while at VT and dropped out. My parents had moved to the middle of nowhere in Ohio, and I wasn't going to move there. The only thing I had going on in VA was this girl, everything else sucked. So, I threw in the towel and moved to AZ to stay with my brother for a while, and got my **** together. Luckily the girl followed me here a few months later, and she's now my wife. Then we had kids, and 3 out of 4 grandparents have moved here to be closer to the grand kids. So yeah, we feel obligated to stay for a while now for sure, after so much of our family has uprooted to be closer to the kids.

I used to really like it here, but something changed, maybe it was me. From '04-08 I did a metric shipload of band related travelling and got to know some new places I'd never been before. I am looking forward to moving on somewhere, but I don't know where that would be, or when, probably not for a long while. It's as good a place as any, I guess.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana