Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best ear plugs?

For whatever reason the blue foam Hearos aren't doing it for me any more. My left ear is the real culprit, can't get the seal I need in that ear to save my life.

I bought some of these this week. Radian's Custom molded earplugs. $12 on Amazon.

I set them up last night and let them cure overnight. This morning I put them in briefly and they might just do the job. That said, I am going to go ahead and shell out $130 for custom molded ones. The place that does the molds is in walking distance of my work and I'm just tired of dealing with the cheaper stuff.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Planet Waves has these, which I have not tried. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-P...aves+ear+plugs

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    ...absolute best ear plugs? ...

Here:

http://pro.ultimateears.com/en-us/home/custom-ear-plugs

Their IEM are worth the effort. Both require an audiologist ear mold supplied to Ultimate Ears.

Bob

Here's a new one. Anyone tried these?

http://www.earasers.net/

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    That said, I am going to go ahead and shell out $130 for custom molded ones. The place that does the molds is in walking distance of my work and I'm just tired of dealing with the cheaper stuff.
    I forgot to update. I received these (Westones) and they are truly awesome. I had a set maybe 8 or 10 years ago, these are much improved as far as fit and how well they stay in my ear when I sweat and move around. They create the seal that especially in my left ear is so hard for me to get right with regular earplugs. They sound much better, everything sounds so much brighter and clearer. Worth every penny (as long as I don't lose them). Also, another improvement is if I do lose one, they have a computerized image of the molds, so I can just call and order another, no need to get re-fitted.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Wish I would have been asking your question long ago. I've been running Super and Twin Reverbs almost since the beginning, been listening to iPods with earbuds, and have been front row to numerous rowdy rock n' roll shows. Yeah, I crank my treble and go "What?!" a lot. I see an ENT here soon because I got an ear infection a while back and it ruptured my eardrum and I've been battling vertigo ever since. My high end is all gone though (or almost) according to an audiologist. And I'm only 25.

Protect your hearing. Sure wish I would have done so a long time ago.