Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Truss Rod Cover

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar

Vaguely inspired by the Aston Martin and Mini logos...

Edit: Slight reworking...

Last edited by Mikegarveyblues; 02-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

You know what may be cool?

If we could shrink all these designs down and print them out near to scale and place them on an actual guitar (Or copy and paste onto a photo) so we can get a better idea of how they actually look in context.

At the moment they're all a lot bigger than the real thing and may look completely out of place (Or not) on a real guitar...

Just thinking out loud...

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Here's just a suggestion to mull over. I think we can see that we could keep tweaking current ideas - and introducing new ones - til the cows come home. How about we set a deadline (Mon. March 1st at 9AM Eastern time US for example), and shut off the brainstorming. Someone (Shawn, Hans, ???) could then either set up the poll so members can vote, or just go with the obvious clear winner IF there is one at that point.

How does that sound? Agreements? Complaints? Round of cold drinks all around either way?

(BTW Hans, this may be what you had in mind all along with your earlier post about the poll. If so, forgive me for stepping on your toes, and I'll keep quiet and let you do what you gotta do.)

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Just think, if this was on your guitar, you could gaze into Paul's eyes the entire time you're playing
    Yeah, and in no time, you'd wind up with carpal tunnel and lumbago!

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post

Abstract and cool! What was that old movie years ago with the shiny metallic parrot or hawk or whatever it was? This bird reminds me of that one.

Lloyd

As an example...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Abstract and cool! What was that old movie years ago with the shiny metallic parrot or hawk or whatever it was? This bird reminds me of that one.

Lloyd
    It was (And the other design) based on this photo I found...

I was trying to do brushstrokes with a mouse... never gonna work, lol! The graphics are a little severe, almost blade like but kind of fitting in a way as an Eagle does have some hard lines,. The head looks more like that of a penguin or parrot though... hey hoe!

Here's just a suggestion to mull over. I think we can see that we could keep tweaking current ideas - and introducing new ones - til the cows come home. How about we set a deadline (Mon. March 1st at 9AM Eastern time US for example), and shut off the brainstorming. Someone (Shawn, Hans, ???) could then either set up the poll so members can vote, or just go with the obvious clear winner IF there is one at that point.

How does that sound? Agreements? Complaints? Round of cold drinks all around either way?

(BTW Hans, this may be what you had in mind all along with your earlier post about the poll. If so, forgive me for stepping on your toes, and I'll keep quiet and let you do what you gotta do.)

Goldtop Lloyd
    Mike, I like where you're going with these, very clean and creative!

Lloyd, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug just yet, I'd like to give folks some time to develop their ideas

Lloyd, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug just yet, I'd like to give folks some time to develop their ideas
    Cheers Shawn... The thinking with the Aston Martin / Mini type wings with the globe is symmetry. Something that would work on left and right hand guitars....

Thank you Bill. I'm sorry to be a bother for you. I think it looks good, but I think most of them do, so there you go...

Lloyd
    LOVE this....but I prefer Lloyd's avatar bird orientation. I think the 4 "big" birds on Lloyd's are easily the most prominent birds on the neck and are presented as such in his avatar pic, which is important IMO. The avatar pic is closest to the size of an actual TRC(on my PC screen anyway). I like the spacing or layout of Bill's "PRS forum Est. 2012" better. I think that PRS and Est. 2012 could be a hair bigger, I'm talking a very small amount to make it a bit easier to read. If I had a bigger pic of Lloyd's I might be able to combine the 2 and make the adjustments I'm thinking of(depending on how my photoshopping skills are working today, lol). I think this design encompasses the aspects that should be on the TRC without any redundancy or issue of lefty/righty.

Hey, cool by me. I was just worried that you might be getting tired of all this. I'm enjoying seeing all of the different takes on it. There are so many great ideas here that I'm almost afraid to show my own.

Lloyd

I'll give this some thought. Might take me a bit.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    LOVE this....but I prefer Lloyd's avatar bird orientation. I think the 4 "big" birds on Lloyd's are easily the most prominent birds on the neck and are presented as such in his avatar pic, which is important IMO. The avatar pic is closest to the size of an actual TRC(on my PC screen anyway). I like the spacing or layout of Bill's "PRS forum Est. 2012" better. I think that PRS and Est. 2012 could be a hair bigger, I'm talking a very small amount to make it a bit easier to read. If I had a bigger pic of Lloyd's I might be able to combine the 2 and make the adjustments I'm thinking of(depending on how my photoshopping skills are working today, lol). I think this design encompasses the aspects that should be on the TRC without any redundancy or issue of lefty/righty.

I have a larger version. I could e-mail it to you if you want to pm me your address?

Lloyd

It was (And the other design) based on this photo I found..I was trying to do brushstrokes with a mouse... never gonna work, lol! The graphics are a little severe, almost blade like but kind of fitting in a way as an Eagle does have some hard lines,. The head looks more like that of a penguin or parrot though... hey hoe!
    I think that eagle photo is beautiful, Mike. Thanks for that.

Lloyd

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Just think, if this was on your guitar, you could gaze into Paul's eyes the entire time you're playing
    And he'd be gazing back the whole time! Could anybody hold up to Paul just staring at them for more than 7 seconds?

I think that eagle photo is beautiful, Mike. Thanks for that.

Lloyd
    It's a lovely pic... Not mine sadly, just one I found on the net. It's pics like this that make me want to splash out on a high quality camera.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    We have a winner!

Hey, cool by me. I was just worried that you might be getting tired of all this. I'm enjoying seeing all of the different takes on it. There are so many great ideas here that I'm almost afraid to show my own.

Lloyd
    Nah man, I'm not tired of the designs just tired of the rules. Have at it guys, be creative.

Nah man, I'm not tired of the designs just tired of the rules. Have at it guys, be creative.
    Alright! Gimme my pencil and stand back!

LPC

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar

BPTRC

Black Paisley Truss Rod Cover...

-Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"