Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 366

Thread: Forum Truss Rod Cover

  1. #181
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327




    Vaguely inspired by the Aston Martin and Mini logos...





    Edit: Slight reworking...

    Last edited by Mikegarveyblues; 02-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  2. #182
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327
    You know what may be cool?

    If we could shrink all these designs down and print them out near to scale and place them on an actual guitar (Or copy and paste onto a photo) so we can get a better idea of how they actually look in context.

    At the moment they're all a lot bigger than the real thing and may look completely out of place (Or not) on a real guitar...

    Just thinking out loud...
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  3. #183
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Here's just a suggestion to mull over. I think we can see that we could keep tweaking current ideas - and introducing new ones - til the cows come home. How about we set a deadline (Mon. March 1st at 9AM Eastern time US for example), and shut off the brainstorming. Someone (Shawn, Hans, ???) could then either set up the poll so members can vote, or just go with the obvious clear winner IF there is one at that point.

    How does that sound? Agreements? Complaints? Round of cold drinks all around either way?

    (BTW Hans, this may be what you had in mind all along with your earlier post about the poll. If so, forgive me for stepping on your toes, and I'll keep quiet and let you do what you gotta do.)

    Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  4. #184
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Just think, if this was on your guitar, you could gaze into Paul's eyes the entire time you're playing
    Yeah, and in no time, you'd wind up with carpal tunnel and lumbago!

    Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  5. #185
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post




    Vaguely inspired by the Aston Martin and Mini logos...



    Abstract and cool! What was that old movie years ago with the shiny metallic parrot or hawk or whatever it was? This bird reminds me of that one.

    Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  6. #186
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327
    As an example...

    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  7. #187
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Abstract and cool! What was that old movie years ago with the shiny metallic parrot or hawk or whatever it was? This bird reminds me of that one.

    Lloyd
    It was (And the other design) based on this photo I found...



    I was trying to do brushstrokes with a mouse... never gonna work, lol! The graphics are a little severe, almost blade like but kind of fitting in a way as an Eagle does have some hard lines,. The head looks more like that of a penguin or parrot though... hey hoe!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  8. #188
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post




    Vaguely inspired by the Aston Martin and Mini logos...



    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Here's just a suggestion to mull over. I think we can see that we could keep tweaking current ideas - and introducing new ones - til the cows come home. How about we set a deadline (Mon. March 1st at 9AM Eastern time US for example), and shut off the brainstorming. Someone (Shawn, Hans, ???) could then either set up the poll so members can vote, or just go with the obvious clear winner IF there is one at that point.

    How does that sound? Agreements? Complaints? Round of cold drinks all around either way?

    (BTW Hans, this may be what you had in mind all along with your earlier post about the poll. If so, forgive me for stepping on your toes, and I'll keep quiet and let you do what you gotta do.)

    Goldtop Lloyd
    Mike, I like where you're going with these, very clean and creative!

    Lloyd, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug just yet, I'd like to give folks some time to develop their ideas

  9. #189
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Mike, I like where you're going with these, very clean and creative!

    Lloyd, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug just yet, I'd like to give folks some time to develop their ideas
    Cheers Shawn... The thinking with the Aston Martin / Mini type wings with the globe is symmetry. Something that would work on left and right hand guitars....
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  10. #190
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Thank you Bill. I'm sorry to be a bother for you. I think it looks good, but I think most of them do, so there you go...

    Lloyd
    LOVE this....but I prefer Lloyd's avatar bird orientation. I think the 4 "big" birds on Lloyd's are easily the most prominent birds on the neck and are presented as such in his avatar pic, which is important IMO. The avatar pic is closest to the size of an actual TRC(on my PC screen anyway). I like the spacing or layout of Bill's "PRS forum Est. 2012" better. I think that PRS and Est. 2012 could be a hair bigger, I'm talking a very small amount to make it a bit easier to read. If I had a bigger pic of Lloyd's I might be able to combine the 2 and make the adjustments I'm thinking of(depending on how my photoshopping skills are working today, lol). I think this design encompasses the aspects that should be on the TRC without any redundancy or issue of lefty/righty.

  11. #191
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Mike, I like where you're going with these, very clean and creative!

    Lloyd, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug just yet, I'd like to give folks some time to develop their ideas
    Hey, cool by me. I was just worried that you might be getting tired of all this. I'm enjoying seeing all of the different takes on it. There are so many great ideas here that I'm almost afraid to show my own.

    Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  12. #192
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,631
    I'll give this some thought. Might take me a bit.
    Plank Owner

  13. #193
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    LOVE this....but I prefer Lloyd's avatar bird orientation. I think the 4 "big" birds on Lloyd's are easily the most prominent birds on the neck and are presented as such in his avatar pic, which is important IMO. The avatar pic is closest to the size of an actual TRC(on my PC screen anyway). I like the spacing or layout of Bill's "PRS forum Est. 2012" better. I think that PRS and Est. 2012 could be a hair bigger, I'm talking a very small amount to make it a bit easier to read. If I had a bigger pic of Lloyd's I might be able to combine the 2 and make the adjustments I'm thinking of(depending on how my photoshopping skills are working today, lol). I think this design encompasses the aspects that should be on the TRC without any redundancy or issue of lefty/righty.

    I have a larger version. I could e-mail it to you if you want to pm me your address?

    Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  14. #194
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    It was (And the other design) based on this photo I found..I was trying to do brushstrokes with a mouse... never gonna work, lol! The graphics are a little severe, almost blade like but kind of fitting in a way as an Eagle does have some hard lines,. The head looks more like that of a penguin or parrot though... hey hoe!
    I think that eagle photo is beautiful, Mike. Thanks for that.

    Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  15. #195
    I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Just think, if this was on your guitar, you could gaze into Paul's eyes the entire time you're playing
    And he'd be gazing back the whole time! Could anybody hold up to Paul just staring at them for more than 7 seconds?

  16. #196
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    I think that eagle photo is beautiful, Mike. Thanks for that.

    Lloyd
    It's a lovely pic... Not mine sadly, just one I found on the net. It's pics like this that make me want to splash out on a high quality camera.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  17. #197
    Senior Member cosmic_ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    We have a winner!

  18. #198
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Hey, cool by me. I was just worried that you might be getting tired of all this. I'm enjoying seeing all of the different takes on it. There are so many great ideas here that I'm almost afraid to show my own.

    Lloyd
    Nah man, I'm not tired of the designs just tired of the rules. Have at it guys, be creative.

  19. #199
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Nah man, I'm not tired of the designs just tired of the rules. Have at it guys, be creative.
    Alright! Gimme my pencil and stand back!

    LPC
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

  20. #200
    Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,430

    BPTRC

    Black Paisley Truss Rod Cover...

    -Jon

    "I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •