Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Truss Rod Cover

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    I disagree.

In all seriousness, I don't think the forum is dweeby. I just think you have the logo, the paisley, and that's enough.

The dweeby part is cluttering up the design. Either have the words, or have the logo.

A Polo golf shirt doesn't have the horsie and the word Polo underneath it. It would be far dweebier if it did.

Compromise? Forum with F hole, but so small it can barely be seen?

This wayward thread is about to be "Certified Silver". Hey, 3-Mike... where's the graphic?
    One Life

"I'm going to remain somewhat adamant about my position about it saying "Forum" on it."

I'm not adamant with any of it. I'm just looking from a visual design perspective. I really detailed graphic should have minimal or no text since it detracts from the graphic. So, my preferences with that particular graphic would be 1) no text at all, 2) small plain-font text (Forum/PRS Forum/etc). If it were done with the F-hole symbol and script text along with that graphic.... that may be getting into the gaudy realm.

With that said, of the simpler designs suggested, I really like the F-Hole'ised Forum in the center of the circle of birds as well (Goldtop's current avatar).

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    This wayward thread is about to be "Certified Silver". Hey, 3-Mike... where's the graphic?
    I KNOW I KNOW, I'm almost done with it I promise! haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

After (entirely too) much discussion about the TRC design, we have come to a compromise that will surely make no one happy.

This is the winning entry.

/thread
    One Life

DGT Club Vice President
    None more black.

mgd

DGTs

I am drawing a blank there Shawn.
    Hey, who will be making these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    After (entirely too) much discussion about the TRC design, we have come to a compromise that will surely make no one happy.

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar

A silent salute to Spinal Tap. I dig it!

Goldtop (over black in this case)
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I already have one like that Shawn...

LOL. That says, "Spinal Tap - Smell the Glove" to me.

“It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Is the "Certified Silver" graphic up for debate next?

Banned
    Anyway we can combine these two graphics and make this the official PRS Forum TRC and logo???

I didn't think so. Oh well. Got my plug in. Now, everyone should go listen to "Secret Treaties", read the thread entitled "The Amp, the guitar and the studio" in it's entirety... and then come back and post. It's time for an intermission anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Is the "Certified Silver" graphic up for debate next?
    That's a negative, Ghost Rider.
    One Life

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the kind words about the design. I'll work on some variants tonight and post them for consideration...

A short explanation on my idea...
    In mythology, crows are carriers or bringers of knowledge and information. I kinda see us that way as a group. We share and grow together and that is awesome! And, a crow is a "bird" so that helps with the PRS connotation...

The "moon" has long been associated with insanity and strange behavior. And we have our fair share of lunacy and lunatics here. And I mean that in a good way. Not to mention it represents the other revered inlay we all know and love...

Lastly, we are all woven into the fabric of this thing by a common thread, our love of the fine instruments coming out of Stevensville... So, to me, that's what the paisley represents.

For what it's worth, y'all made my day! I am stoked to be a part of our little community regardless of what ends up on Forum TRC...

Keep the designs coming fellas!!!

Hmm... I fear I may not ever go back...
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the kind words about the design. I'll work on some variants tonight and post them for consideration...

A short explanation on my idea...
    In mythology, crows are carriers or bringers of knowledge and information. I kinda see us that way as a group. We share and grow together and that is awesome! And, a crow is a "bird" so that helps with the PRS connotation...

The "moon" has long been associated with insanity and strange behavior. And we have our fair share of lunacy and lunatics here. And I mean that in a good way. Not to mention it represents the other revered inlay we all know and love...

Lastly, we are all woven into the fabric of this thing by a common thread, our love of the fine instruments coming out of Stevensville... So, to me, that's what the paisley represents.

For what it's worth, y'all made my day! I am stoked to be a part of our little community regardless of what ends up on Forum TRC...

Keep the designs coming fellas!!!
    I would have settled for "because it looks cool" but that's a very nice bit of imagery at work, makes me like it even more!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I've often thought a Raven (a type of Crow) would be a good mascot for our little band of misfits.
    One Life

I can't believe there wasn't more love for my Hasselhoff design.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana