Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Truss Rod Cover

I feel like the brush stroke effect will look lost on a guitar without it anywhere else. Like it won't really make sense or look like a bird standing alone. But that's just me, if it turns out looking good I'll still go for it!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Like it won't really make sense or look like a bird standing alone.
    Thank you, I didn't know how to put it, but I feel the same way.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

I don't have an acct. at an image hosting site, so rather than opening one, I'm going to put my ideas in my avatar spot for a short time. Saves me some trouble. This image is rough, but it works for now. I also have a slightly larger image if needed.

I've been thinking of two ideas, which I call Outline and Circle of Birds. Both would use the official PRS font.

Outline - I see it horizontally on a TRC (obviously). The text could go where the frets would normally be, or it could start in the body around the tailpiece area and go out towards the headstock, centered on the whole design.

Circle of Birds - Either vertically or horizontally with no text at all. Or horizontally with the text below the circle, or branching out towards the screw hole.

I like both for different reasons. I like the birds being in a circle to represent the globe, because we have members from all over the world. Also, they're all flying together, as we are here.

I like the outline because it's understated.

I think either would work well in the etched black metal style Shawn mentioned.

Lloyd/Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 02-27-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    I don't have an acct. at an image hosting site, so rather than opening one, I'm going to put my ideas in my avatar spot for a short time. Saves me some trouble. This image is rough, but it works for now. I also have a slightly larger image if needed.

I've been thinking of two ideas, which I call Outline and Circle of Birds. Both would use the official PRS font.

Outline - I see it horizontally on a TRC (obviously). The text could go where the frets would normally be, or it could start in the body around the tailpiece area and go out towards the headstock, centered on the whole design.

Circle of Birds - Either vertically or horizontally with no text at all. Or horizontally with the text below the circle, or branching out towards the screw hole.

I like both for different reasons. I like the birds being in a circle to represent the globe, because we have members from all over the world.

I like the outline because it's understated.

I think either would work well in the etched metal style Shawn mentioned.

Lloyd/Goldtop
    I like the circle, because for me it represents a community in the first place... cool idea!
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Banned
    Nice work and great ideas Lloyd. thanks for putting in that effort. I like both, but the circle is appealing due to the way you "colored in the inlay".

A monochromatic design will make it easier and less expensive to make, which will expand the potential sources for production. The idea of a forum logo is certainly a good idea.

Markie...wanna make a prototype or two?

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Nice work and great ideas Lloyd. thanks for putting in that effort. I like both, but the circle is appealing due to the way you "colored in the inlay".
    Thank you for the kind words. But I can't take credit for the colors or the actual designs. I had the ideas, but I couldn't put the art together exactly how I pictured it, so I copied a similar design from the website.

Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Albrecht Smuten View Post
    I like the circle, because for me it represents a community in the first place... cool idea!
    Thank you. I wish I had better examples to illustrate the ideas, but I just put something together in a rush.

Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    How about merging both ideas? How about a unique brushstroke bird and a banner around it (Like on a PS headstock) etched with "Official PRS Forum" on the metal TRC Shawn mentioned?
    + 1 on this I don't think it needs to be too blingy but something simple and classy
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Another vote for a subtle design with brushstroke bird or the 12th fret old bird.

In my opinion, it does not have to say Forum or anything cheesy like that to make it a "forum" trc. Simply the fact that it will be acquired exclusively through the forum and have a unique design already distinguishes it as such. And please, no banners, it's not a late 80's tattoo.

I bet Th3Mike can come up with something pretty sweet.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Haha thanks. I have to crack open photoshop later tonight because I owe Hans a forum graphic! :tail between legs:

Ill see if I can mock up anything for a TRC!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

What about something like this? But not with the crappy "MS Paint" mock up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    What about something like this? But not with the crappy "MS Paint" mock up.

[IMG][/IMG]
    We have a winner..looks great Shawn.

I would love a forum trc but they will probably be out of my price range. The plain trc is 22 in the uk which is a lot for a bit of plastic and 2 screws.. so keep it cheap and i might get one for my SE.

DGT Club Vice President
    That's badass, Shawn. I'm in!!

mgd

DGTs

My vote is for shawns design or an old style 12 fret bird but etched black on black with no text. Subtle and cool!

I'd like to see us come up with something unique - something that doesn't duplicate design cues already on our guitars.

I'll try to get some ideas on paper tonight; ideas that work well with the monochromatic/metallic theme and clearly differentiate this forum from others.

All that said, I'm easy and will go with the crowd.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 02-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by sleary View Post
    We have a winner..looks great Shawn.

I took inspiration from Lloyd's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I took inspiration from Lloyd's design.
    I take inspiration from Lloyd.
    One Life

How much detail can you fit on a TRC?
    Not like the other kids...