Thread: Keeping the faith!

Keeping the faith!

I was hesitant for a few days and held off pulling the trigger, but in the end, PRSs remain the best sounding and playing electrics I know of. I went to my dealer (Alto music) today and brought my last PS with me. I put it up against several new Gibsons, including another new 335. Like usual, it amazes me that a Artist 3 trem semi hollow can sound more like a big body archtop than a 335, AND get better and more rocking tones. So for me, as usual,I put in my order for yet another (my third!) PS Artist 3 semi hollow trem, but this time no F hole, a flamed mahogany neck, lightweight with some nice figure Mahogany body, and of course, an over the top quilt Maple top, better than anything Moss has ever picked out. Lol! I also specified Modern Eagle 2 birds and a PS Eagle with highly colored Pau centers and highly colored green ripple abalone surrounds. Lets see what I end up with this time! Oh yea, I actually went with dragon 2s again instead of 57/08s. When I lower them down, they just WORK for me! Brazilian headstock overlay and truss rod cover and a DARK ebony fretboard. Brushed nickle pup covers with gold screws, and a gold trem. Phase 2 tuners with ebony buttons, and pau side dots with double dot at 12th fret. I think thats about it. Pretty much a straight up Artist 3 with the nicest looking woods and a few extra appointments. the wait begins! Oh yea..got it from Phil at Alto music in NY again. GREAT guy to deal with! No wood back covers or anything real fancy like that, as I was trying to keep the cost down without giving up anything that you could see while it was being played. VERY GOOD! The waiting begins! Thats the faith you can have with PRS. You KNOW thier quality control is so good, there is no doubt it will sound and play at least as good as my last two. I dont think there is another guitar company out there I feel that confident about. Way to go PRS!!! And yes, there will be many sound and video clips when i get it whether you like it or not. Hey, SOMEONE has to show these PSs sound as good as they look!

Nothing wrong with DII's, coolest split-coil tones of all the PRS pups I own.

Great specs.

What color did you choose for the top?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Great specs.

What color did you choose for the top?
    Thanks!
    This color, but no fade to blue on the outside.

Good going, Mr. Tag!

I can't wait to see the new addition!

Great color TAG. I can't wait to see and hear the result!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

I am REALLY excited about this guitar. As everyone knows, the Artist 3s are my personal favorite PRSs. This one is going to be pretty much a straight up one, but with Ebony board, Dragon 2s, nitro, and some slight cosmetic changes (ME2 neck birds and PS headstock bird) After having the last two with Rosewood necks, it will be great to get one with the old standard Mahogany. Cant wait to play it!

NICE Tag...can't wait to see it!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs