Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is wrong with me? zero GAS?

what is wrong with me? zero GAS?

Last year at this time i already had a new one in hand, another on order, and three more by the end of September.

I seem to have zero GAS and it's not normal; not normal at all.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Well, judging from your signature you've got all the bases pretty much covered
    Alex

The DGT's are gas killers.....

Give it time......hahhahaha

Sounds like your unconscious mind is happy with your collection... at the moment.
    Joe ... They say having a dark side will lead to no good... I certainly hope so!
    PRS: 07 CE-22; 03 Santana SE; 12 Tremonti SE || Ovation: 06 Elite-T 1868T; 79 Glen Campbell Artist 1627; 95 Balladeer 1751 || Fender: 69 Mustang Comp; 91 Strat Plus; 11 Tele Std || Gibson: 11 Les Paul Studio 60s Deluxe || Martin: 12 GPCPA4 RW || Epiphone: 12 ES339 Pro || Bradley: 77 Les Paul Custom || Squier: 99 Precision Bass

Right ... wait a month. Certainly no longer than September.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Cool

Brother I feel your "pain"

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...t-anybody-else

But don't worry, I was told you are never cured - only in remission. My B-day is coming up and I maybe having a relapse if I find a FBJ DGT!

I'm sure you will come back to your senses soon enough Dave
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

I've got everything I need with only 3 electric guitars. For vintage and heavy tones, the SC58 is perfect; my more typical rock tones and trem needs are covered by the Artist V; and everything else is nicely done by a Sig with 408s. In fact, with even this few, I sometimes feel a tinge of paralysis by analysis, and can't decide which one to use for a part.

Of course, I do have Gear Admiration Syndrome (different kinda gas?); some of the stuff that people post up here is killer to look at, and the new PRS models make me drool sometimes. Like Paul's guitar. Awesome.

As for amps, the HX/DA is my soul mate.

But right now, I think everything's under control. Everything has a useful purpose in my work, and I don't feel any sense of urgency to make changes. It's a good feeling - it's called satisfaction!

Idk, you have achieved zen maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    But right now, I think everything's under control. Everything has a useful purpose in my work, and I don't feel any sense of urgency to make changes. It's a good feeling - it's called satisfaction!
    Just when you think GAS has settled down, it can come back with a vengeance and huge outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    Last year at this time i already had a new one in hand, another on order, and three more by the end of September.

Just enjoy it while it last... Cause it probably won't... lol
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

Man, you have some nice guitars, and with that cu 22 semi hollow LTD, you have everything covered and then some! The CU 22 LTD into my Quinn Dumble clone gives me the best tones I have ever had. Something about PRSs into Dumbles. They are the perfect match. Like they were designed together. I think Paul had one at some point. I believe I saw a video of it on youtube. He should come out with an amp with a D based tone!!! Go get em Paul!
    Last edited by Tag; 02-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Might be time to expand your horizons, m'boy!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

I feel i'm letting Paul & Company down, like i'm not fulfilling my end of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    Might be time to expand your horizons, m'boy!
    Andy, can i cash that check yet? Maybe it's time for one of these...
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Just when you think GAS has settled down, it can come back with a vengeance and huge outbreak
    Shhh! La la la la I can't hear you! La la la la la

I think i need to get into *different* woods. Crackwood didn't do it for me, but there are other woods...

I think i need to get into *different* woods. Crackwood didn't do it for me, but there are other woods...
    Here's some "different" wood for ya...feel like some Zydeco?

If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Here's some "different" wood for ya...feel like some Zydeco?

No thanks, Buckwheat, i was never any good at my dad's accordian