Thread: Today is NSD

Today is NSD

A brand new set of Ernie Ball Slinky 10s is going to be today's treat... Its been almost 2 months, way long enough...
    Switched from D'addario's for something new. We'll see...

Tell us what is your preferred strings? (brand/ gauge)
    And how often do you change them?
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

Same strings, changed every 2-3 week depending on the gunk factor lol

D'Addario .11-.52 change every few weeks, when they get dull. During lulls.

Change before every practice and show when out.

Dean markleys blue steel in 10,s. Great strings and not as popular as D'addario or Ernie,s

I used to use those, and I liked them, but they ate up my frets
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    A brand new set of Ernie Ball Slinky 10s is going to be today's treat... Its been almost 2 months, way long enough...
    Switched from D'addario's for something new. We'll see...

Tell us what is your preferred strings? (brand/ gauge)
    And how often do you change them?
    Anybody try the EB Cobalts yet? Impressions?

And, I currently use D'Addario 10s, which I normally change before each gig.
    Sh*tter's full

I've been using cobalts for a while now I love them. They feel a bit tacky and zing a lot. I stick to 10's as I'm a light touch player

I play nickel plated steel 11-48 or 49 depending on the brand. I used to be really picky about brands, but now it's about whatever is available. Most recently it's D'Addario, because I got a 10 pack for $30 on amazon with free shipping. I'll also play EB and Mangan's. The Mangan's are the best, but cash has been tight and they cost double the D'addarios.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I've been using Cobalts now for a few months. They do feel a little tacky as far as the overall feel and they bend smoother, but they seem to be much brighter and punchier than the D'addario's that I had been using for the past few years. Also, they seem to be lasting a lot longer before having to change them out. I really would recommend giving them a try sometime.

For the last few years I've been using DR strings... Pure Blues are my favorite, but they also make a 9.5 set of Tite Fits that feel great. Would also like to try the Cobalts...
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

10-46 on everybody...keeping it simple. took older swamps that came stock with 9s to 10s couple years back and noticed an immediate improvement...tone, action...love it

I've been been playing D'addarios .10's for a while. Change them whenever they start sounding dull. I do have a pack of Pyramid Classics sitting on my desk to go on next. Those are .11's. I guess these are for my LP. I've been using the stock strings on my SC58 and I love them!

Threads like this remind me that I really need to change strings more often. I'm boring I suppose, I usually go with D'Addario EXL110's.

Nickel 10's.
    One Life

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    I'm still tearing through my 24 sets of PRS strings that came with the welcome pack from my Siggy. Not bad, I generally use D'Addarios and these are comparable.

I have the cobalts on my SE Santana and I like them, but not for 3x the price.
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

D'addarios.!10s for normal tuning and 11s for Eb tuning or open G.Buy them in sets of 10.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

I rock Elixir Nanoweb strings. I use their 10-46 and 11-49 sets. I change them when most of the coating has come off where my pick meets string.
    Plank Owner

I like the strings PRS sells, I was told they're pure nickel wraps. They last a long time (I hate changing strings!) and I like the feel. I use .010s.

My hands are pretty dry, so I can go a couple of months without having to change strings.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I rock Elixir Nanoweb strings. I use their 10-46 and 11-49 sets.
    Yep!! 10's tuned standard and drop D on 2004 Custom, 11's tuned to drop B on the 2008 Custom. (22's)

I've been using the elixirs for years. I've tried every string out there and I think they sound and play the best. I actually don't like the coating much but that's the trade off for performance. I change strings about every two weeks.