Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Limited/408 - Outside The Circle, And Swoosh! Nothin' But Net.

Sig Limited/408 - Outside The Circle, And Swoosh! Nothin' But Net.

You know you're really happy about a guitar when you start depending on it for a big load of the work, right? You work with it, you get used to what it can do, your confidence grows, and you appreciate it even more. That's where I am after a couple of months with the Siggy Limited.

I won't recap the whole thing about what I needed and why, but it was about a work project. What I didn't expect was a 3 pointer from outside the circle that was perfectly shot.

This is a phenomenal guitar! The pickups are just so good. It's a Jack of all trades, yeah, and a master of them all, too. Total home-run. Loving it.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    This thread is useless without (more) photos.
    One Life

Your wish is my command -- obligatory iPhone couch shot (phone cam makes it look purplish):

And a nice shot of switching and pickups:

Note the second photo, above, all happy switches going "schwingg!"

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Note the second photo, above, all happy switches going "schwingg!"
    Bwahahaha!

This is the Sig Lim I'd buy. So nice!
    Plank Owner

I'm glad you like it.
    Bonus that it looks spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Bwahahaha!

This is the Sig Lim I'd buy. So nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I'm glad you like it.
    Bonus that it looks spectacular.
    Thanks!

One of the things I've always wished for was a humbucker guitar that could be as articulate and crisp as a single coil guitar. On most 'buckers, there is just too much phase cancellation to allow that when both coils are on, and the split sounds most always employ more than one pickup, which introduces other cancellations.

But the width of these pickups combined with other parts of the design give me a very articulate guitar in either mode. It can be dialed in with a lot of cut and bite. Or not.

And of course, that can be rolled off, or it can get the phasier, more traditional humbucker split sounds in the middle position using the switches, etc.

The choices are really great, if you understand what's happening and why the guitar is designed the way it is. The pickups are brilliant, the guitar sounds great even acoustically, and it works for me. That's a great thing.

Glad to hear you are digging it, Les!

My PS DC 245 Sig is inbound this week, can't wait!!

Ted Club President

Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Glad to hear you are digging it, Les!

My PS DC 245 Sig is inbound this week, can't wait!!
    That's off the charts, Pete! I'd be pretty excited, too!

Your wish is my command -- obligatory iPhone couch shot (phone cam makes it look purplish):

Stunner Les. Beautiful guitar.

Beautiful guitar and great tone story. Nice compliance on the pics too!

Thanks!

One of the things I've always wished for was a humbucker guitar that could be as articulate and crisp as a single coil guitar. On most 'buckers, there is just too much phase cancellation to allow that when both coils are on, and the split sounds most always employ more than one pickup, which introduces other cancellations.

But the width of these pickups combined with other parts of the design give me a very articulate guitar in either mode. It can be dialed in with a lot of cut and bite. Or not.

And of course, that can be rolled off, or it can get the phasier, more traditional humbucker split sounds in the middle position using the switches, etc.

The choices are really great, if you understand what's happening and why the guitar is designed the way it is. The pickups are brilliant, the guitar sounds great even acoustically, and it works for me. That's a great thing.
    When i heard the tones of this guitar, I knew i had found the instrument I had been looking for all along. I traded a 57/08 Mcarty,a Mcarty korina with brazzy board and a korina custom 24. This is the most versatile guitar I've ever owned !!! I totally feel where you're coming from, Les !!! This is the tool that will allow you to play anything you can imagine. To Mr smith,I say, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Might be enough members now to get the Siggy pile-on going.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?686-Got-Sig
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Might be enough members now to get the Siggy pile-on going.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?686-Got-Sig
    You bet! Mine's added to the pile! Do you still have all four of those gorgeous Sigs, Hans? They are spectacular.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Fantastic! The 408 is next on my wish list.
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Great looking guitar Les. I am still saving my pennies up to put an order in for a PS version similair to Pete's incoming DC. (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Nice ax Les, cannot wait for mine to show up.
    Glad you are enjoying yours.

With the small toggles up, is that the split coil position or humbucker?
    Up is split.

Quote Originally Posted by TAJ View Post
    Great looking guitar Les. I am still saving my pennies up to put an order in for a PS version similair to Pete's incoming DC. (I hope)
    That will be very cool!