Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Sig Limited/408 - Outside The Circle, And Swoosh! Nothin' But Net.

  1. #1

    Sig Limited/408 - Outside The Circle, And Swoosh! Nothin' But Net.

    You know you're really happy about a guitar when you start depending on it for a big load of the work, right? You work with it, you get used to what it can do, your confidence grows, and you appreciate it even more. That's where I am after a couple of months with the Siggy Limited.

    I won't recap the whole thing about what I needed and why, but it was about a work project. What I didn't expect was a 3 pointer from outside the circle that was perfectly shot.

    This is a phenomenal guitar! The pickups are just so good. It's a Jack of all trades, yeah, and a master of them all, too. Total home-run. Loving it.

  2. #2
    This thread is useless without (more) photos.
    One Life

  3. #3
    Your wish is my command -- obligatory iPhone couch shot (phone cam makes it look purplish):



    And a nice shot of switching and pickups:


  4. #4
    Note the second photo, above, all happy switches going "schwingg!"

  5. #5
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,843
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Note the second photo, above, all happy switches going "schwingg!"
    Bwahahaha!

    This is the Sig Lim I'd buy. So nice!
    Plank Owner

  6. #6
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,088
    I'm glad you like it.
    Bonus that it looks spectacular.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Bwahahaha!

    This is the Sig Lim I'd buy. So nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I'm glad you like it.
    Bonus that it looks spectacular.
    Thanks!

    One of the things I've always wished for was a humbucker guitar that could be as articulate and crisp as a single coil guitar. On most 'buckers, there is just too much phase cancellation to allow that when both coils are on, and the split sounds most always employ more than one pickup, which introduces other cancellations.

    But the width of these pickups combined with other parts of the design give me a very articulate guitar in either mode. It can be dialed in with a lot of cut and bite. Or not.

    And of course, that can be rolled off, or it can get the phasier, more traditional humbucker split sounds in the middle position using the switches, etc.

    The choices are really great, if you understand what's happening and why the guitar is designed the way it is. The pickups are brilliant, the guitar sounds great even acoustically, and it works for me. That's a great thing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    365
    Glad to hear you are digging it, Les!

    My PS DC 245 Sig is inbound this week, can't wait!!

    Ted Club President

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MA Pete View Post
    Glad to hear you are digging it, Les!

    My PS DC 245 Sig is inbound this week, can't wait!!
    That's off the charts, Pete! I'd be pretty excited, too!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Your wish is my command -- obligatory iPhone couch shot (phone cam makes it look purplish):



    Stunner Les. Beautiful guitar.

  11. #11
    Love Boat Captain butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    247
    Beautiful guitar and great tone story. Nice compliance on the pics too!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    pioneer valley
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Thanks!

    One of the things I've always wished for was a humbucker guitar that could be as articulate and crisp as a single coil guitar. On most 'buckers, there is just too much phase cancellation to allow that when both coils are on, and the split sounds most always employ more than one pickup, which introduces other cancellations.

    But the width of these pickups combined with other parts of the design give me a very articulate guitar in either mode. It can be dialed in with a lot of cut and bite. Or not.

    And of course, that can be rolled off, or it can get the phasier, more traditional humbucker split sounds in the middle position using the switches, etc.

    The choices are really great, if you understand what's happening and why the guitar is designed the way it is. The pickups are brilliant, the guitar sounds great even acoustically, and it works for me. That's a great thing.
    When i heard the tones of this guitar, I knew i had found the instrument I had been looking for all along. I traded a 57/08 Mcarty,a Mcarty korina with brazzy board and a korina custom 24. This is the most versatile guitar I've ever owned !!! I totally feel where you're coming from, Les !!! This is the tool that will allow you to play anything you can imagine. To Mr smith,I say, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Might be enough members now to get the Siggy pile-on going.

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?686-Got-Sig
    One Life

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Might be enough members now to get the Siggy pile-on going.

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?686-Got-Sig
    You bet! Mine's added to the pile! Do you still have all four of those gorgeous Sigs, Hans? They are spectacular.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  15. #15
    Raven Lunatic Raven17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    302
    Fantastic! The 408 is next on my wish list.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

  16. #16
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,124
    Nice ax Les, cannot wait for mine to show up.
    Glad you are enjoying yours.

    With the small toggles up, is that the split coil position or humbucker?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Martinsville, IN
    Posts
    447
    Great looking guitar Les. I am still saving my pennies up to put an order in for a PS version similair to Pete's incoming DC. (I hope)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Nice ax Les, cannot wait for mine to show up.
    Glad you are enjoying yours.

    With the small toggles up, is that the split coil position or humbucker?
    Up is split.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TAJ View Post
    Great looking guitar Les. I am still saving my pennies up to put an order in for a PS version similair to Pete's incoming DC. (I hope)
    That will be very cool!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •