Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Seven Degrees of PRS

  1. #1
    Senior Member frankb56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300

    Seven Degrees of PRS

    I'm relatively new to this forum and even though it's a public forum I get the sense that a lot of you know each other..... other than the obvious...we all own at least one PRS guitar....what's the connection between y'all.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/



  2. #2
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165
    My connection is that I don't know anybody else that isn't sick of hearing me talk about PRS guitars, you guys might be... but you can't stop me.

    Oh, and Frank and I are half-brothers in a fictional story.
    Last edited by sergiodeblanc; 03-07-2013 at 12:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Don't really know any of these people. Hope to meet as many as I can at the PRS Experience. Just a common interest we all share. Like Sergio said, no one else I know wants to talk about PRS stuff as much. Many do know each other, but in my experience everyone here is respectful and pleasant, and that makes it more friendly, even if we haven't met.

  4. #4
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

    Basically, we're a semi-elaborate high school science fair project.
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

    Basically, we're a semi-elaborate high school science fair project.
    Except me. Because there was no such thing as science back when I was born.

    I was left as a sacrificial offering by my superstitious parents, who were quite happy when they returned to the altar and discovered that the gods had accepted their son. What they didn't know was that I was taken away by a childless couple who wanted a baby. My adoptive father was a shaman who spent his career knocking on wood. It must have had an effect on me, because I learned a lot about tone. My mother was a cave wall painter. As a result, I was always interested in the arts.

    I was a member of the very first rock band in the world.

    We would hit rocks together and make sounds. Eventually we discovered that different rocks had different pitches. After a long search, we discovered 12 rocks that sounded pretty good together, and we could make music.

    Mostly we played tuned down to Cb, We played hard rock for obvious reasons. Soft rocks would break too easily. But we discovered metals when the rocks broke, and we had the first tune that went Gold. But it was a one-hit wonder.

    In all seriousness, some of us go back to the original PRS Forum, back in the late 90s. As time goes on, you get to "know" people you haven't met in person - I've never met anyone here, and have never been to an Experience.

    But it's a very welcoming group. You won't feel "new" for long. And lots of us are characters. So it can be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 03-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  6. #6
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

    Basically, we're a semi-elaborate high school science fair project.

    That would explain how I got the passion, without much of the talent.

  7. #7
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    We're all children of a particularly prolific sperm donor in what used to be known as Czechoslovakia. We were all processed through a semi-legal Romanian orphanage, where we were kept until the age of 5 months, 13 days. During that time, subliminal tapes were played in our cribs extolling the virtues of three-named guitar makers based in the Eastern United States. Then we were parceled out to people desperate enough to adopt that they were willing to work the gray market. After adoption, we were monitored through chips implanted at the base of our skulls.

    Basically, we're a semi-elaborate high school science fair project.
    So, is Albrect Smuten our daddy?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  8. #8
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Some of the guys on here have known each other for many years, mainly from previous forum/s (e.g. the now dead "Birds and Moons").

    I'm on the other side of the world and don't know them from a bar of soap.

  9. #9
    Senior Member frankb56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    Sergio, when will I get my share of our Daddy's inheritance?
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/



  10. #10
    Senior Member frankb56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    300
    I get it now, you're all a bunch of psycho's still wobbling over the LSD trips you took back in the 60's.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/



  11. #11
    Pull My Goldtop... Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    2,804
    Frank,

    I don't know anybody here other than through here (with the exception of some e-mails). I live on the flat, ugly plains of Texas, on the fringes of civilization, and have yet to meet any forum members in person.

    Goldtop Lloyd

    P.S. - I think your dog is cute.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-07-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

  12. #12
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,258
    I met most of these reprobates when in the slammer...

    No?

    Well, I've been luck enough to attend all 6 of the PRS Experienci (that's for Les ), and the 4 "Old" PRS Forum events. I've hosted several shindigs at my house, and attended several others. Plus, I headed out to NAMM for 3-4 of the shows. It's been 14 years or so, for me, so you get to meet a lot of folks.

    Most still talk to me...


    Jamie

    P.S. I knew Jim Cullen when he was still in short pants... Oh, wait... He's STILL in shorts!
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  13. #13
    Senior Member gush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    washington iowa
    Posts
    503
    I dont know anybody on this forum and I dont resemble a bar of soap in any way.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Well, I've been luck enough to attend all 6 of the PRS Experienci (that's for Les ), and the 4 "Old" PRS Forum events.
    Non curare satis fortunata fuit Experientiae.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  15. #15
    Senior Member captdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    pensacola FL
    Posts
    499
    I play with doo-dads incessantly
    I mean my guitar

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MD.
    Posts
    182
    I don't really know anyone here, but can all but guarantee that many of us own guitars that were once owned by other members. I've contributed at least two to the pool that I can still trace to others, and around here it's more like 2 or 3 degrees of separation via guitar.

  17. #17
    Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    So, is Albrect Smuten our daddy?
    I was young and needed the money...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

  18. #18
    Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Except me. Because there was no such thing as science back when I was born.

    I was left as a sacrificial offering by my superstitious parents, who were quite happy when they returned to the altar and discovered that the gods had accepted their son. What they didn't know was that I was taken away by a childless couple who wanted a baby. My adoptive father was a shaman who spent his career knocking on wood. It must have had an effect on me, because I learned a lot about tone. My mother was a cave wall painter. As a result, I was always interested in the arts.

    I was a member of the very first rock band in the world.

    We would hit rocks together and make sounds. Eventually we discovered that different rocks had different pitches. After a long search, we discovered 12 rocks that sounded pretty good together, and we could make music.

    Mostly we played tuned down to Cb, We played hard rock for obvious reasons. Soft rocks would break too easily. But we discovered metals when the rocks broke, and we had the first tune that went Gold. But it was a one-hit wonder.

    In all seriousness, some of us go back to the original PRS Forum, back in the late 90s. As time goes on, you get to "know" people you haven't met in person - I've never met anyone here, and have never been to an Experience.

    But it's a very welcoming group. You won't feel "new" for long. And lots of us are characters. So it can be a lot of fun.
    I LOVE THIS!
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by frankb56 View Post
    Sergio, when will I get my share of our Daddy's inheritance?
    Wait! You had a DAD? Mother always told me I came from Sears.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Brian Baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    23
    Best way to attach names and faces is to attend "Experience".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •