Thread: Indian VS Brazilian RW for necks. (tonally speaking)

Threaded View

Indian VS Brazilian RW for necks. (tonally speaking)

The debate will go on forever. Here is more fuel for the fire. I do this song with my bass player, so I was practicing over it this morning and recorded this. The video will tell you whats what, but its very, very hard to tell any differences IMO, and I own both so no bias here. At 2:09 seconds (for those who cant sit through it ) I switch from the indian RW to the Brazilian RW guitar. Nothing was touched anywhere. I hit pause on the recorder, switched guitars, and hit play again and continued. Both are Artist 3 PSs straight into a Bruno cowtipper 35 amp. The Indian neck is semi hollow with an F hole, and the Brazzy is chambered (slightly thinner body) and no f hole. As I cant say enough, PRS caught lightning in a bottle when he paired the Cu 22 with the thicker semi hollow body with the trem. these things both sound like big body jazz guitars to me, and I should know as I owned a LOT of them. See if you can honestly tell much, if any difference. Both sound fantastic to me. Oh, one other thing. The Brazzy is a Dragon 2 pup set fairly low, the Indian a 57/08 set higher. Thats how I like them, and that way, they both sound pretty darn similar. Flat out my favorite electric guitars ever. If I could only own one guitar, a PRS semi hollow with trem Artist 3 would be that guitar.

Last edited by Tag; 03-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.