Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: THIS WOULD BE C O O L !!!!

  1. #1

    THIS WOULD BE C O O L !!!!

    I was looking at " Paul's " guitar and saw space for a third 408 narrow. Thats 3 mini toggles, one to split each pickup. Now instead of a normal toggle or blade switch to change pickup configurations, I think it would be more versatile to also have switches to activate or deactivate each pickup individually. That way you could have any possible combination of 3 tapped, or un-tapped pickups at any time. What the hell, for the kicker add piezo too. So what do ya all think????

  2. #2
    I think Cool.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  3. #3
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    I've wanted 3 x "408s" in PS ever since they came out. I even suggested it for "The Forum Guitar" to try and make it happen. I would still prefer a 5-way blade tho (CU22 Soapy switching) as 6 x mini-toggles might get a bit busy/fiddly.

    Either way it would be a ridiculously versatile guitar! Make it a semi-hollow, trem, maple neck and ebony board please!

  4. #4
    Senior Member yankeebulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARISMAFIRE View Post
    I was looking at " Paul's " guitar and saw space for a third 408 narrow. Thats 3 mini toggles, one to split each pickup. Now instead of a normal toggle or blade switch to change pickup configurations, I think it would be more versatile to also have switches to activate or deactivate each pickup individually. That way you could have any possible combination of 3 tapped, or un-tapped pickups at any time. What the hell, for the kicker add piezo too. So what do ya all think????
    So, you're saying 7 switches? Might be slightly less complicated than this control layout:
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

  5. #5
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,919
    I have been thinking this might be cool too, see post 37 here:

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...e-Studio/page2

    and post 153 here:

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...e-Studio/page8

    And there is no need to go toggle or blade switch crazy, make each of three mini-toggles a 3 way switch:
    off
    split
    full

    plus
    1 vol knob
    1 tone knob

    it would 'quack' like a duck on steroids with all three pups on and set to split...
    Last edited by rugerpc; 03-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  6. #6
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    So, you're saying 7 switches? Might be slightly less complicated than this control layout:
    Can you show the full body of this? I'd like to see the one player, two player and hyperspace buttons!
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  7. #7
    Yes! Yes! 3, 3way mini toggles...... off, split, full.................one switch for all 3 pickups. This would be so amazing! Uh, Oh...... I'm dreaming in Private Stock again.......There goes the neighborhood ( and all the $ in it ) !!!!

  8. #8
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I have been thinking this might be cool too, see post 37 here:

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...e-Studio/page2

    and post 153 here:

    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...e-Studio/page8

    And there is no need to go toggle or blade switch crazy, make each of three mini-toggles a 3 way switch:
    off
    split
    full

    plus
    1 vol knob
    1 tone knob

    it would 'quack' like a duck on steroids with all three pups on and set to split...
    3 x 3-way mini-toggles would certainly work, and it would clean up the amount of switches/knobs to no end. Great idea!

    I think my preference would be to still stick with a 5-way blade, (maybe with a push-pull to activate the bridge PU, so you can have all 7 PU on/off combos), since that's what I'm comfortable with. I'd be worried if I wanted to go from neck/middle tapped to bridge full (say in a funk song going from rhythm to full on solo... it happens...), it would require 3 x switch movements instead of "one".

    Just my preference.

    Damn, I wish I had the spare cash to make this happen!

  9. #9
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,919
    I think the lay out would be easy to adapt to - put all 3 switches next to each other in a line so they fall comfortably under index, middle and ring fingers. Then make 'up' = split, 'down' = full and 'middle' = off.

    Once you got used to where they are, you can switch without looking or thinking about it much.

    Going from rhythm to solo is one move - grab all 3 with your fingertips and pull up.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 03-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •