Thread: PRS in Two New Issues of Magazines

PRS in Two New Issues of Magazines

One of my favorite times each month is "New Magazines Day" at my local bookstore. This month, there are two great issues with articles for PRS fans.

First, the UK "Guitarist" Issue #365 (March 2013) has a shootout between a new version of a Les Paul and the New UK Only (?) Bernie Marsden 53/10! Good writeup and pics as usual. Their chosen winner is the PRS.

Then, the March 2013 issue of "Guitar and Bass", also from the UK, has a review of the SE Angelus Custom. Oh baby...

Happy reading!

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    One of my favorite times each month is "New Magazines Day" at my local bookstore. This month, there are two great issues with articles for PRS fans.

First, the UK "Guitarist" Issue #365 (March 2013) has a shootout between a new version of a Les Paul and the New UK Only (?) Bernie Marsden 53/10! Good writeup and pics as usual. Their chosen winner is the PRS.

Then, the March 2013 issue of "Guitar and Bass", also from the UK, has a review of the SE Angelus Custom. Oh baby...

Happy reading!

Goldtop Lloyd
    The 53/10 Marsden is UK only. I think there may be a handful left.

That was a good write up. it's the second time they've compared the SE Marsden to a production run Gibbo and the Marsden's come out on top. The guitar just has something, what can I say!

The reviewer clearly likes it but it's also clear he's a Gibbo man and he seems to give the impression he'd still choose the LP because of the name which I found a touch annoying. The only major complaint they seem to have is the tuning stability which looks like it's caused by nut binding according to the article. Everything else they love and it (Along with the stock version) knocks the LP's out the park!

Corey:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...-10-ltd-572050
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    The 53/10 Marsden is UK only. I think there may be a handful left.

That was a good write up. it's the second time they've compared the SE Marsden to a production run Gibbo and the Marsden's come out on top. The guitar just has something, what can I say!

The reviewer clearly likes it but it's also clear he's a Gibbo man and he seems to give the impression he'd still choose the LP because of the name which I found a touch annoying. The only major complaint they seem to have is the tuning stability which looks like it's caused by nut binding according to the article. Everything else they love and it (Along with the stock version) knocks the LP's out the park!

Corey:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...-10-ltd-572050
    Man! I've wanted a Bernie Marsden since I first heard they were coming out, and now this? Yet another reason why I'd love to go to The UK right now!

Mike, you want a Blue Bernie, and I'd love a Gold Bernie... We Need Relief, Brother!!!

Goldtop Lloyd
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Man! I've wanted a Bernie Marsden since I first heard they were coming out, and now this? Yet another reason why I'd love to go to The UK right now!

Mike, you want a Blue Bernie, and I'd love a Gold Bernie... We Need Relief, Brother!!!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Ha, ha, we do!!!

I'd quite happily have a Goldtop Bernie alongside the blue one. One day!!!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

My local news store has the WORST selection of guitar magazines...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ