Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: DREAMS - Do You Remember Them? - What's Your Most Crazy Dream?

  1. #1
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,639

    DREAMS - Do You Remember Them? - What's Your Most Crazy Dream?

    I rarely remember a dream. Likely due to my sleep disorder which is perhaps grounds for another thread. My wife on the other hand remembers tons of her dreams. She wakes up seemingly every other day or so and proceeds to tell me about all of the wild and crazy dreams she had the night prior. It's like she is living twice. Sometimes I wish I dreamed and remembered them. I bet my dreams would be great and filled with insane guitar action. Hey. It sounds great to me. And at this point I'd take almost anything.

    How many of you remember your dreams frequently? What are your craziest ones?
    Plank Owner

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,866
    Ummm....unable to disclose...this is a pg rated forum.
    -Bob

  3. #3
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Ummm....unable to disclose...this is a pg rated forum.
    Plank Owner

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,866
    You twisted my arm....I'll give you a hint....







    -Bob

  5. #5
    I want to hear the part about the goat, Bob.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I want to hear the part about the goat, Bob.
    I want a PRS with a big goat carved into it. \m/
    Plank Owner

  7. #7
    This is a real dream I had a few years ago:

    In the dream, I was standing in a long line of guys in their underwear, inside a late 19th century wooden building that was painted a mud green on the walls. After a while, I realized it was an induction center for the British Army. Suddenly I was at a window, and the man at the window yelled, "Hold out your arms!" So I held out my arms. "Shirt!" he yelled. "Shirt!" I replied. And he put a mud green uniform shirt, neatly folded onto my outstretched arms.

    "Next Window!" he yelled.

    So I went to the next window. "Hold out your arms!" yelled the man at the window. So I did. "Boots!" he yelled. "Boots!" I replied. And he put a pair of new combat boots onto the shirt. "Next Window!" he yelled.

    I went to the next window and held out my arms, knowing the drill now. "Greatcoat!" said the man, I did the usual reply, and he slipped a mud green trench coat under the boots. "Next Window!"

    I got to the next window, arms stretched out with the stuff on them, and the man yelled, "Helmet, stockings and blouse!" And he put a tin hat, socks and service jacked kind of thing on my pile.

    When I got to the next window with this pile of stuff, the guy yelled, "Kilt!" and put a kilt onto the pile. I yelled, "Kilt??" It dawned on me that I was going to be in a Scottish regiment. "Next window!" he yelled.

    Holding out my arms, the man yelled, "Bean Bag Underpants!!" "Bean Bag Underpants!" I yelled back. And he dropped this -- large thing -- onto the pile.

    Next thing you know, I'm in France in WWI, and I hear the guns firing in the distance, and I'm marching along with the rest of the soldiers, and you hear the muffled sounds of big guns, and small arms, but in our line of men you hear this relatively loud "crunch, croosh, crunch" of hundreds of men in bean bag underpants marching along, the sound coming through under the men's kilts and greatcoats, and you hear the sergeants barking out orders, etc.

    At some point, we stop to eat. And it's one of those nights that the moon lights up the clouds, and you can see very well. Off in the distance there's the flash of cannons, but the sound is still muffled. Still, the sky lights up every time one of the cannons goes off.

    For some reason, I'm not terrified.

    I'm sitting in front of a fire with the other men, and I realize that in fact, the underpants under the kilt make a very comfy little bean bag chair when you have to sit on the ground! And I'm feeling quite good about this. I'm smiling in the dream.

    And the next thing I know, one of the sergeants sits down next to me, takes a big swig of whisky, and says, "Well, what do ye think of yer bean bag underpants now, laddie?"

    It was an incredibly vivid dream, and so bizarre that I woke up laughing hysterically.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 03-14-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  8. #8
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    I actually DID dream about talking to PRS PS team about a paisley covered SC gtr. The other dream I recently had was weird, At one point I drove my vehicle off a 100 ft cliff into a river and lived.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I want to hear the part about the goat, Bob.

    Les....no you don't!!!
    -Bob

  10. #10
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    I actually DID dream about talking to PRS PS team about a paisley covered SC gtr. The other dream I recently had was weird, At one point I drove my vehicle off a 100 ft cliff into a river and lived.
    Did Paisley make it out ok?
    Plank Owner

  11. #11
    That Video Guy crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Did Paisley make it out ok?
    Oh yea!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

  12. #12
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I want to hear the part about the goat, Bob.

  13. #13
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,511
    I don't dream often, and when I do, I know it's a dream while it's happening, and I seem to be just playing along to see where it leads.
    But this was different...
    The most memorable PG one had me borrowing my sister's rented car. I stopped at an Exxon to fill it up. I always love to try new flavors of chips and candy bars but being diabetic, iii's a rare occasion when I do. While in the Exxon paying, I noticed someone was stealing the car, but more important to me was the candy bar I saw: a Payday, clearly marked "Made with real Muenster Cheese" emblazoned on the wrapper. I bought it, but I have no idea what it tastes like because the cops came about the car, then I woke up.
    What's really odd is that the next night I had a different dream, but still managed to find a Payday made with real muenster cheese. I'm still waiting for the 3rd time. That's means it'st supposed to come true, right?

    For those unfamiliar:

    Last edited by JustRob; 03-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    pioneer valley
    Posts
    268
    I'm living the dream...aren't you ?

  15. #15
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Somehow, inexplicably, the goats improved every song...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  16. #16
    Auth. PRS Dealer TGSCAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    276
    ummmm.... yes but I'd have to ............ ummmmmmm......... yeah ~

  17. #17
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,361
    It's always zombies or where is my car?...... sometimes both.

  18. #18
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,639
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    It's always zombies or where is my car?...... sometimes both.
    The wife is a horror fiend. She's always dreaming about zombies and the like.
    Plank Owner

  19. #19
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,361
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    The wife is a horror fiend. She's always dreaming about zombies and the like.
    I never thought about zombies or really had any interest in "horror-ish" stuff, then one day out of nowhere I started having zombie dreams... creepy.

    When did your wife start having these dreams? I'm curious because I am rarely in-sync with popular cultural phenomena and started having them a year or two before the revitalized zombie craze.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    This is a real dream I had a few years ago:

    In the dream, I was standing in a long line of guys in their underwear, inside a late 19th century wooden building that was painted a mud green on the walls. After a while, I realized it was an induction center for the British Army. Suddenly I was at a window, and the man at the window yelled, "Hold out your arms!" So I held out my arms. "Shirt!" he yelled. "Shirt!" I replied. And he put a mud green uniform shirt, neatly folded onto my outstretched arms.

    "Next Window!" he yelled.

    So I went to the next window. "Hold out your arms!" yelled the man at the window. So I did. "Boots!" he yelled. "Boots!" I replied. And he put a pair of new combat boots onto the shirt. "Next Window!" he yelled.

    I went to the next window and held out my arms, knowing the drill now. "Greatcoat!" said the man, I did the usual reply, and he slipped a mud green trench coat under the boots. "Next Window!"

    I got to the next window, arms stretched out with the stuff on them, and the man yelled, "Helmet, stockings and blouse!" And he put a tin hat, socks and service jacked kind of thing on my pile.

    When I got to the next window with this pile of stuff, the guy yelled, "Kilt!" and put a kilt onto the pile. I yelled, "Kilt??" It dawned on me that I was going to be in a Scottish regiment. "Next window!" he yelled.

    Holding out my arms, the man yelled, "Bean Bag Underpants!!" "Bean Bag Underpants!" I yelled back. And he dropped this -- large thing -- onto the pile.

    Next thing you know, I'm in France in WWI, and I hear the guns firing in the distance, and I'm marching along with the rest of the soldiers, and you hear the muffled sounds of big guns, and small arms, but in our line of men you hear this relatively loud "crunch, croosh, crunch" of hundreds of men in bean bag underpants marching along, the sound coming through under the men's kilts and greatcoats, and you hear the sergeants barking out orders, etc.

    At some point, we stop to eat. And it's one of those nights that the moon lights up the clouds, and you can see very well. Off in the distance there's the flash of cannons, but the sound is still muffled. Still, the sky lights up every time one of the cannons goes off.

    For some reason, I'm not terrified.

    I'm sitting in front of a fire with the other men, and I realize that in fact, the underpants under the kilt make a very comfy little bean bag chair when you have to sit on the ground! And I'm feeling quite good about this. I'm smiling in the dream.

    And the next thing I know, one of the sergeants sits down next to me, takes a big swig of whisky, and says, "Well, what do ye think of yer bean bag underpants now, laddie?"

    It was an incredibly vivid dream, and so bizarre that I woke up laughing hysterically.

    So, Highlander...you can't resist telling true tales of your past, and concealing them as a dream? Be careful...one day someone is going to realize that these stories are true, and that you truly are 785 years old!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •