Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DREAMS - Do You Remember Them? - What's Your Most Crazy Dream?

I dream frequently. If I don't like the way they are going I ususally change them.
    Some are pure entertainment, some creative in the artistic sense and some point to the solution to something I've been working on.
    One night I dreamed I was at a concert and was asked if I wanted to play a song - of course I said yes (though in truth I'm not worthy) and as I was walking up I couldn't think of what to play, so I made something up on stage. I kind of liked it, so I got out of bed and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it down. It is quite messy, but I have it in my brief case - haven't tried to play it in real life yet.

Banned
    Anyone posting here ever seen "Waking Life"? (Richard Linklater directed).

I am fascinated by the concept of the lucid dream....the ability to control the content of your dream, and to understand that you are dreaming, but to still experience all of the sensations that are particular to the dream.

I understand that some people have this talent, and if you do...you can effectivley live two lives since you can control the content of your dreams to be any scenario you desire to experience.

There are also supposedly "exercises" you can try, to increase the effectiveness of your lucid dream. So far, my attempts have resulted in nothing. Any time I am "aware" that I am dreaming (during the dream) the dream itself continues on without my ability to control the direction.

My favorite movies are those that blend dream imagery with "reality" and leave you at times confused as to what part of the story is the dream, and what is reality.

For example....in the "Sopranos"....was the entire last episode a dream Tony had? There is lots of evidence in that episode to support the concept that all the events could not have occurred within that time span and that the abrupt ending was Tony awakening.

My favorite "dream vs. reality" movie has to be David Lynch's "Mullholland Drive" which needs to be seen several times before you can begin to truly decipher which scenes are really taking place, and which scenes are part of the Naomi Watts character's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    There are also supposedly "exercises" you can try, to increase the effectiveness of your lucid dream. So far, my attempts have resulted in nothing. Any time I am "aware" that I am dreaming (during the dream) the dream itself continues on without my ability to control the direction.
    I can't control them either. The most annoying thing is that when I wake up from an unpleasant dream I can fall back asleep and it will start up again, but that never happens with a good dream.. especially the sexy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    So, Highlander...you can't resist telling true tales of your past, and concealing them as a dream? Be careful...one day someone is going to realize that these stories are true, and that you truly are 785 years old!
    Haha!

What's interesting is that the scenes in the induction center and the marching to the trenches in France were absolutely as realistic as you could imagine, right down to the flashes of the guns, the smells of clouds of cordite drifting our way, the light from the campfire, the accents of the men and the sergeants...literally everything seemed real enough to touch.

Maybe it WAS real....
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

It's not that I've had a particularly crazy dream, but I've just had a string of random dreams over the last 2 weeks- ranging from losing a friend over something stupid, to a girl I never met before wanting to be my girlfriend/taking my first kiss, to events from my past playing out differently. :shrugs shoulders:

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I never thought about zombies or really had any interest in "horror-ish" stuff, then one day out of nowhere I started having zombie dreams... creepy.

When did your wife start having these dreams? I'm curious because I am rarely in-sync with popular cultural phenomena and started having them a year or two before the revitalized zombie craze.
    Since well before we met over 16 years ago.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Since well before we met over 16 years ago.
    Ah, so I can't blame chem-trails then.