Thread: Worth Swapping?

Worth Swapping?

A 1998 Goldtop PRS/McCarty hollowbody with bags system in excellent condition has become available, I am offering to swop my 2012 P22 for it, good trade? I have always wanted a hollowbody.
    PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Mike Mustok Baritone Brown Burst to come later.

I really like the hollowbody, but I wouldn't make that trade - just a personal inclination.

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    I would not make that trade either. Your P22 is more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by thieves&foxes View Post
    A 1998 Goldtop PRS/McCarty hollowbody with bags system in excellent condition has become available, I am offering to swop my 2012 P22 for it, good trade? I have always wanted a hollowbody.
    all depends on how much you really want a hollow body. One reason I never went for a PRS w/piezo before was that is all they had available was a hollowbody. I prfer a solid body. LOve my P22 so far. Hey I see you have a Blackstar HT5 amp. I just bought a HT5RC( combo) for a practice amp. LOVE IT. my SE20 is just to big and loud for a practice amp. not to say that this HT5R can`t get loud but Ican get the saturated tube tone easier at a more reasonable volume . So how do you like yours.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

Is it a local deal? Can you play them both side by side?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

YOU GOTSTA PLAY IT! Also, the HB is more versatile, not the solid, and, they both have piezo. It really is a matter of what best suits your style.

Do it!

Don't do it!

Do it!

Don't do it!

Play it if you can. I've got an SC HB standard with no piezo and a P22. I absolutely love the HB and will ship her off to the PTC for a piezo when the budget allows. I have problems putting her down once she's out of the case. That said, I'd trade her for the right HB with piezo.

I personally wouldn't, but seeing how it's ultimately up to you (and not me, lol)--- try the other one out, then make your choice from there.

I wouldn't, either.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...